Hire Matt Campbell now!!!

So, you want another MAC Coach that has never won a MAC Championship?

Cool.

Couldn't be me though.
He is a Big 12 coach now and winning games that were never possible before. What’s more impressive is the fact that these are not flukes. He has Iowa State competitive on a weekly basis; which has never been the case. Teams are actually respecting a traditional bottom dweller of college football. That’s more than can be said for us at this point.

Now, it is just my opinion he would be a great coach here. I understand it means absolutely nothing. Daydreaming about what could be helps numb the disappointment I feel.

So to that end, who is a realistic hire that you would like?

Advertisement
Saban was a MAC coach. So was Meyer. Coaching in the MAC doesn’t guarantee a result either way.

Cool?

Saban won a MAC Championship.
and while Meyer didn't, he won the Mountain West twice before going to Florida.

The point is, at Miami, you don't take these unproven guys.

He is a Big 12 coach now and winning games that were never possible before. What’s more impressive is the fact that these are not flukes. He has Iowa State competitive on a weekly basis; which has never been the case. Teams are actually respecting a traditional bottom dweller of college football. That’s more than can be said for us at this point.

Now, it is just my opinion he would be a great coach here. I understand it means absolutely nothing. Daydreaming about what could be helps numb the disappointment I feel.

So to that end, who is a realistic hire that you would like?

Love how these discussions always turn into "WELL WHO WOULD YOU HIRE?"

For the sake of posterity, not an argument...

Dino Babers.

The best you can hope for is Richt fires himself as OC and gets a bright mind from somewhere.
even THIS guy would be a serious improvement over Richt !

coach-klein.png

Advertisement
would you consider that an upgrade?

Not really, no.

If we are to ever make a move in the short term for an offensive assistant...it'll be a Richt re-tread like Bobo or Brian Schottenheimer or Bryan McClendon in some sort of "passing game coordinator" while Thomas Brown would be the run game guy. That'd be my guess as to the only scenario where Richt gives up control.

Dino Babers.

Dino Babers.
Wasn’t an argument or implying that we should engage in one. Simply was asking because, as I stated, the possibility of a better situation (even if it is unrealistic) is more fun than dwelling on last night.

Not really, no.

If we are to ever make a move in the short term for an offensive assistant...it'll be a Richt re-tread like Bobo or Brian Schottenheimer or Bryan McClendon in some sort of "passing game coordinator" while Thomas Brown would be the run game guy. That'd be my guess as to the only scenario where Richt gives up control.
Dugans is already the "passing game coordinator."

Advertisement
Saban won a MAC Championship.
and while Meyer didn't, he won the Mountain West twice before going to Florida.

The point is, at Miami, you don't take these unproven guys.

These are precisely the guys Miami should take. Young, hungry, and with something to prove. Mullen, Herman, Campbell, etc. Do you think Jimmy Johnson and Dennis Erickson were established names? Sam Jankovich was a visionary though and now we have a beta ***** like Flake James in the AD seat, very different.

No established stud is going to end up at Miami so we end up with a retread underachiever like Richt.

Advertisement
These are precisely the guys Miami should take. Young, hungry, and with something to prove. Mullen, Herman, Campbell, etc. Do you think Jimmy Johnson and Dennis Erickson were established names? Sam Jankovich was a visionary though and now we have a beta ***** like Flake James in the AD seat, very different.

No established stud is going to end up at Miami so we end up with a retread underachiever like Richt.

Dennis Erickson was hired nearly 30 years ago. FWIW, he won a Big Sky championship before coming to Miami.

College Football has changed...so has Miami. Its not even about being a visionary AD anymore. The "next great coach" isn't hidden away anywhere...those guys take very calculated journeys through the ranks and Miami's next championship winning head coach won't be some diamond in the rough or previously unproven guy.

Maybe by the time Miami moves on to something post-Richt regime, they'll be getting someone like Lance Leipold (might win the MAC this year) or something.

Not really, no.

Ugghhhh, that is incredibly uninspired...

Just so you guys know. Look up what Saban did at MSU. He didn't win anything of substance(conference/division championships) there. What he did do was upset teams he had no business beating and then bringing them to a 9-2 overall record in year 5.

Year 1-Upsets #7 Michigan
Year 3-Upsets #4 PSU
Year 4-Upsets #10 ND, #1 OSU
Year 5-Upsets #24 ND, #3 Michigan, #13 PSU

Campbell is doing similar things at a worse program than MSU.

Year 2-Upsets #18 Northern Iowa, #3 OU, #4 TCU, #19 Memphis
Year 3- Upsets #25 Ok. State, #6 WVU

IMO this is the next great coach and that is what it will take in order for Miami to reach NC status.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back