Heurtelou signs with Miami

Its Officials!!!!!

In an interview on CS Heurtelou said:
"As a Cane I want to help have the No. 1 defense in the nation," he said. "I want to be top five in stopping the run. I take pride in run stopping - I want to bring that pride to Miami."

262.gif

Welcome to The U

Need U on one cheek and M on the other cheek, then we good.

Advertisement
568.jpg

Calvin Huertelou Picks Miami Over Rutgers Missouri

"Rutgers finished second," said the Spring Valley (N.Y.) native. "I liked Rutgers. It was nothing wrong with it. It was that I felt more comfortable at Miami. So that was where I wanted to go.

"It's something I wanted to do since I was back in high school. It's where I wanted to go since I can remember. So I picked them."

I like that we're bringing in guys who can play immediately and allow us to redshirt some of the freshmen.

Hert and Wyche are solid on film- not world beaters, but solid- and will allow us a rotation on the inside that's better than what we had this year in my mind.

Pierre/Wyche/Hert/Moore/Valentine/Moten > Porter/Pierre/Robinson/Renfrow/Moore I believe. Then shirt Jenkins and any others we may bring in.

Advertisement
Glad the young man committed to The U!

Go Canes and the **** with all he complainers on this site!

Huertelou put up a 450 bench & 575 squat
Wyche put up a 500 bencher and 700 squat.

"Calvin Heurtelou is one of the more physically imposing players across the country. The 6-3, 305-pound defensive tackle encompasses a 445 pound bench press, 575 pound squat and 300 pound hang clean."

Dude will be one of the strongest guys on the team... not just a big guy, but a strong, big guys that can move!

Squat: 575 would put him at #1 on the team, ahead of DP at 555. also ahead of Porter who tested at 535.
40: 4.98 - this puts him right behind Chicklo who tested at 4.88 and he become the only other OL/DT or big DE to run under 5.0
Bench: 445 would put him 3rd on the team behind King and Linder
Clean: 300 clean is not too impressive but overall a great athlete

if we can keep Valentine, Moten, Jenkins.. add Wyche, Hertelou and potentially Cerenord. Wow. Talking about fixing a position.

Then you add the ends in Harris, Thomas, Jackson and keep Smith... Wowsers.

That is 10 on the D line. No Jags, except maybe Cerenord.
If Herteloue is in I can't see us signing Ceronord unless someone decommitts.5 DTs in 1 class is enough,get 2 more good ones next year and we're finally set there.

That's not five in one class. Right now it's two in the junior class, and three in the incoming freshman class. Of the three, there are some rumors on here--perhaps unreliable--that one might not make it in (TV). He's also still taking visits. Can't blame the staff from not coming up short again.

Don't automatically assume that everybody who's not a big name is a future JAG. We would have said that about Russ Maryland, Jimmie Jones, Kevin ***an, and a number of others who were some of the best DTs in our history and went on to have good NFL careers. We recruited other DTs over the years who, although not elite players, were solid, and helped up win NC's, like Eric Miller and Anthony Hamlet.

EDIT: How came every time I type in Kevin ***an's name part of it gets deleted as though I'm tying some word that is forbidden. (First three letters are allegedly slang for a homosexual.) Talk about a politically correct board. They should set an algorithm to retain the full name when it is followed by the letters "a" and "n."

And then I post a picture of a wholesome young woman wishing all of you a Merry Christmas and, just as predicted, it's gone.

Like a mother of a recruit might come to the board and be offended? Please. If these parents only realized what their sons have already seen dozens of times already.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Huge pickup.

Chip on his shoulder.

A little crazy like all the good DTs.

He's not gonna drive you into the QB, but he requires attention and should free up our LBs real nice. Looks to fit our scheme well. Pumped.

Advertisement
Huertelou put up a 450 bench & 575 squat
Wyche put up a 500 bencher and 700 squat.

"Calvin Heurtelou is one of the more physically imposing players across the country. The 6-3, 305-pound defensive tackle encompasses a 445 pound bench press, 575 pound squat and 300 pound hang clean."

Dude will be one of the strongest guys on the team... not just a big guy, but a strong, big guys that can move!

Squat: 575 would put him at #1 on the team, ahead of DP at 555. also ahead of Porter who tested at 535.
40: 4.98 - this puts him right behind Chicklo who tested at 4.88 and he become the only other OL/DT or big DE to run under 5.0
Bench: 445 would put him 3rd on the team behind King and Linder
Clean: 300 clean is not too impressive but overall a great athlete

We are bring them in U Tough!

Wyche will break the record for Squat and Bench if true… :eekeyes:
569.jpg

THE LINEMEN
(OL, DL)

Bench, pounds
Record book:
OT: Vernon Carey, '03 (480)
570.jpg

G-C: Carlos Callejas, '97 (500)
571.jpg

DT: Dan Sileo, '86 (535)
572.jpg

DE: Kevin ***en, '85 (560)
573.jpg

Squat, pounds
Record book:
OT: K. Blaise, '99 (620)
574.jpg

G-C: Andrew Bain, '06 (650)
575.jpg

DT: Jim Burt, '80 (680)
576.jpg

DE: Denny Fortney, '97 (555)
577.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement
Getting guys like this is like finding money in the street. Physically developed men to play a position that requires physical maturity. If your complaining you're just one of those guys that will never be happy.

Wyche and Heurtelou, can I haz a run stop finally?

How do these 2 compare to Porter and Robinson,the 2 DTs we're losing.If they're an upgrade it would be nice,

Porter and Robinson were single blocked back into the second level all year long.
Honestly, any DT not on skates or who can demand a double team will do wonders for us.
Frees up Chick and AQM from constant double teams and will allow our MLB to run downhill.

Advertisement
Back