Heurtelou signs with Miami

Comparing our DTs for 2014 on paper
578.jpg

Advertisement
568.jpg

Calvin Huertelou Picks Miami Over Rutgers Missouri

"Rutgers finished second," said the Spring Valley (N.Y.) native. "I liked Rutgers. It was nothing wrong with it. It was that I felt more comfortable at Miami. So that was where I wanted to go.

"It's something I wanted to do since I was back in high school. It's where I wanted to go since I can remember. So I picked them."

Finally!

:ibisroflmao:

Wasn't his dream school, just wanted to go U, it's the SOFL kid's dream school, but they want to get out of town, kids from the north love the weather.

If those numbers from Wyche are true, he is a weight room monster! That is a good start in my book. And he is a pretty good athlete to boot.

I am completely satisfied with this class. If we get nobody else, I am a happy man. We filled alot of needs. Not gonna cry or bytch if we lose anyone. Lets work with what we have. Got a great group of front 7 guys, got some monsters at OL, got a great QB, a great RB, and we got some savage safetys. The only guy that I would say we could really use is JC. (Cook, Lane and Rudolph are icing on this cake at this point.)

Advertisement
That squat number from Wyche is legit?

I doubt it... that is what it saids on his Hudl video along with 5.0 sec 40... and 6'4 344lbs.

Here is a tweet I found:
JUCO DT Mike Wyche, who plans to join UM in Jan., says he's 6-4, 340, bench 435, squat close to 600. Could be one of strongest #Canes.
— Matt Porter (@mattyports) December 2, 2013

Most recruits exagerate their numbers...
Valentine was 6'5" last year and Jenkins was 6'4".

Walford was a 6'6" 230 TE in High school but somehow came to UM at 6'4" 210lbs...

My guess:
Valentine: 6'3"
Jenkins: 6'1"
Moten: 6'4" (verified)
Wyche: 6'2"
Huertelou 6'3"

Last edited:
Don't worry, Andreu Swasey will see to it that those impressive weight room numbers disappear overnight.

In seriousness, nice pickup. We'd have made a killing on the DL if the "I went to suntan U but want my diploma to mean more now by making Miami a nerd school" philosophy of our BOT ceased and we could actually bring kids in that we want.

How would this impact Cook decision?

// Joking joking.............(wanted to fit in and be a typical CIS porster!!)

On a serious note: Welcome to the U big fella!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Huertelou put up a 450 bench & 575 squat
Wyche put up a 500 bencher and 700 squat.

"Calvin Heurtelou is one of the more physically imposing players across the country. The 6-3, 305-pound defensive tackle encompasses a 445 pound bench press, 575 pound squat and 300 pound hang clean."

Dude will be one of the strongest guys on the team... not just a big guy, but a strong, big guys that can move!

Squat: 575 would put him at #1 on the team, ahead of DP at 555. also ahead of Porter who tested at 535.
40: 4.98 - this puts him right behind Chicklo who tested at 4.88 and he become the only other OL/DT or big DE to run under 5.0
Bench: 445 would put him 3rd on the team behind King and Linder
Clean: 300 clean is not too impressive but overall a great athlete

We are bring them in U Tough!

Wyche will break the record for Squat and Bench if true… :eekeyes:
569.jpg

THE LINEMEN
(OL, DL)

Bench, pounds
Record book:
OT: Vernon Carey, '03 (480)
570.jpg

G-C: Carlos Callejas, '97 (500)
571.jpg

DT: Dan Sileo, '86 (535)
572.jpg

DE: Kevin ***en, '85 (560)
573.jpg

Squat, pounds
Record book:
OT: K. Blaise, '99 (620)
574.jpg

G-C: Andrew Bain, '06 (650)
575.jpg

DT: Jim Burt, '80 (680)
576.jpg

DE: Denny Fortney, '97 (555)
577.jpg

i thought allen bailey benched at about 480 also?

Advertisement
We need every body we can get but I am very worried about our DL.

Hopefully these guys can help but they are far from can't miss guys. I assume Golden will be working the waiver wire again this off-season

Advertisement
Back