Here’s a free future CS, 247 , herald update

Advertisement
Carson Palmer and his younger bro, Jordan Palmer. Jordan was not a big NFL success. But, he’s a QB guru preparing guys for the draft and an excellent draft analyst on Serius 88.

By the way, I’d pass on Lil Tua. He’s third on the Bama depth chart, already passed by true freshman Bryce Young.
How was he passed by young when they didn't have spring football??

Did you know Joe Burrows was 3rd on the depth chart at Ohio State? Redshirted behind Cardale Jones and JT Barrett. Taulia was supposed to RS until Tua got injured. Then Burrows couldn't beat Barrett the next two years, or Dwayne Haskins. He actually graduated (played his entire OSU career) having never won the starting job. Guess that guy was a pretty ****ty QB.
And Jalen Hurts had his job taken from him by Tua. What a loser he turned out to be!

It's theoretical as I would pick Young to win the starting job. Basically he's another Tua and the only thing that could get in his way is the playbook or adjusting to the speed of the game. Best arm talent they have by far.

How many QB brother pairs have there been where younger bro was also a highly rated QB? Off the top of my head, I can only think of two- Manning and Vick. Both young brothers were successful. Marcus Vick was a knucklehead but still led VT to 11 wins. So 2 for 2 on little bro QBs
Agree

Advertisement
You got Kosi and Tate with 2 yrs left, TVD with 4 and this kid will have 3 I guess after transferring. Like someone bout to be the odd man out. I wish he went to FIU and just became a 3 yr starter. I feel like kids these days cant deal with being the 3rd option after being ranked in the top 10 at their position, and it has a negative effect on the entire team.

Just my 2 cents.

tell him to ask his brother to pay for this years tuition and maybe he can earn a ship if hes good enough

Advertisement
How many QB brother pairs have there been where younger bro was also a highly rated QB? Off the top of my head, I can only think of two- Manning and Vick. Both young brothers were successful. Marcus Vick was a knucklehead but still led VT to 11 wins. So 2 for 2 on little bro QBs

Clausen.

Ah right. Jimmys junior season he was 3rd in the country in pass efficiency rating, tied for 8th in TDs, 4th in completion %, and 4th in yards. Pretty good numbers. Basically on that season alone he turned himself into a 2nd round pick. So 3 for 3 on lil bro QBs

Not to get off topic but has Matocha shown anything at practice? Like is there even a decent chance he'll ever play?

Advertisement
Everybody is an option until they sign with their respective school.

NSD is in December, it's MAY, not November, MAY. We haven't played any games & haven't been allowed to have any in person contact or visits with any prospects, why would you throw away a chance to get a good QB 7 months in advanced?

Let's say we have a good season & King balls out, you don't think we can't get kids down here for a visit & get a flip after they see with their own eyes what Lashlee's offense will look like?

Again it's MAY, we have plenty of time to get a QB, it's premature to jump the gun this early & scrap QB recruiting.
I couldn’t agree with you more. This goes for all the skill position players on offense. If we have a great deal of success with King at the helm then it could potentially open doors that were once closed. Your product on the field is your best recruiting tool. We haven’t even seen the new product.

mack,

The Rivals site for Bama includes a depth chart for all positions on the team. Lil Tua is listed as third team.

That ranking is consistent with commentators on the Bama program who have declared the QB position to be a two man race between last year’s backup and newcomer Bryce Young. In those circumstances, transfer of the third team guy makes excellent sense.

Im guessing he winds up at a Florida school (FAU, USF, FIU, UCF), but not UM.

Did you know Joe Burrows was 3rd on the depth chart at Ohio State? Redshirted behind Cardale Jones and JT Barrett. Taulia was supposed to RS until Tua got injured. Then Burrows couldn't beat Barrett the next two years, or Dwayne Haskins. He actually graduated (played his entire OSU career) having never won the starting job. Guess that guy was a pretty ****ty QB.

That’s the point. 3rd stringers should transfer, just as Joe Burrow did. Now, are you saying that Taulia is the next Joe Burrow (or Baker Mayfield or Kyler Murray)?

Advertisement
By the way, I’d pass on Lil Tua. He’s third on the Bama depth chart, already passed by true freshman Bryce Young.
Yes, but TVD, Kosi, Martell, and Matocha would also be 3rd on that depth chart, too. And if Taulia remained at Bama, they'd likely be 4th on that depth chart. The question isn't whether Taulia is better than Mac Jones or the top QB prospect in the country, Bryce Young. The question is if he improves our team.

Everybody is an option until they sign with their respective school.

NSD is in December, it's MAY, not November, MAY. We haven't played any games & haven't been allowed to have any in person contact or visits with any prospects, why would you throw away a chance to get a good QB 7 months in advanced?

Let's say we have a good season & King balls out, you don't think we can't get kids down here for a visit & get a flip after they see with their own eyes what Lashlee's offense will look like?

Again it's MAY, we have plenty of time to get a QB, it's premature to jump the gun this early & scrap QB recruiting.
If Lashlee has an explosive Offense and we have a great season you would think he would land a HC job.

Advertisement
Back