Herald Article

If JC sticks and we get the other 3, great! But if not, with 3 out of 4, we will still have the most dangerous backfield in CFB.

Advertisement
I think some of y'all are painting the wrong picture about jc. He ain't scared to compete I think he is just being realistic.... If he wants to play early in college then by all means he can stay here or explore his other opportunities.... It's all good I respect him for doing this in the summer rather than in the month of January.... Hope jc sticks man he is a beast.....

No one should be the odd man out. Suck it up and do what's good for the team. Recruiting is fluid, staff had no idea that Walton would reclassify.

Cronk is basically trying to force the staffs hand, trying to get them to drop a great prospect because he doesn't want to be apart of a 3 RB class.

Walton, Scarlett (if he commits) have no problem with the numbers.

I sort of understand his position but at the same time I don't like the attitude. Hope he rethinks his position and wants what is best for the team

Good chance I'm in the minority on my thoughts

Sounds reasonable. Yep. You'll end up in the minority.

I think some of y'all are painting the wrong picture about jc. He ain't scared to compete I think he is just being realistic.... If he wants to play early in college then by all means he can stay here or explore his other opportunities.... It's all good I respect him for doing this in the summer rather than in the month of January.... Hope jc sticks man he is a beast.....

People are also painting a negative picture about the staff. SFL handlers, friends and family making a business decision.

Advertisement
Walter Tucker will most likely leave football in a year or two for the Olympics. Because to stay at FB/RB in college taking that type of pounding or adding more weight could jeopardize his hurdling ability. An if you have a chance to make the Olympics you go for it, this probably what Tokencane meant.

Marvin Bracy left FSU to run track professionally after his freshman year and signed a $1+ million dollar contract with adidas.
http://touch.orlandosentinel.com/#story/os-fsu-marvin-bracy-signs-pro-track-adidas-20130511/

Go Canes

Lol, no way...

People are also painting a negative picture about the staff. SFL handlers, friends and family making a business decision.
True.... I don't think the coaches are lying they are just covering their AS5es

Good thing Willis, Frank, Davenport, Clinton and Payton didn't think this way. They all shared time and other than Payton, they all went on to have good/great NFL careers.
Sharing the load as a college RB can help you last a little longer in the NFL and COMPETITION BREEDS EXCELLENCE.

You do realize it's a completely different scenario. Those 5 were staggered over a few years and lets not forget Miami was winning and competing back then compared to all the questions that are still unanswered about this current team and losing to average teams regularly.

Good thing Willis, Frank, Davenport, Clinton and Payton didn't think this way. They all shared time and other than Payton, they all went on to have good/great NFL careers.
Sharing the load as a college RB can help you last a little longer in the NFL and COMPETITION BREEDS EXCELLENCE.

You do realize it's a completely different scenario. Those 5 were staggered over a few years and lets not forget Miami was winning and competing back then compared to all the questions that are still unanswered about this current team and losing to average teams regularly.

Still zero reason to contribute to the painting the staff in a negative light to give a reason for a decommit. Some do it to soften the public blow - I got pushed out, not enough PT for me or to cover the good ole business decision/I'm on the take/handler *** kissing scenario.

I am in no way saying Cronk is involved in this, but the painting of Miami in this thread is strangely, yet not, negative for Miami fans.

Advertisement
There is no ****ing way they push Williams out. No way.

No but staff will force his hand by asking him to shut down his recruitment or they will pull his offer. They could ask all 4 to do this an whomever is willing will have a spot then Williams will have a choice to make. But honestly I don't think Walton does reclassify, an I think we land all 3 for the 2015 class. Then I think Williams redshirts since he is similar to what yearby and berrios offer on the field, also giving more separation among the running backs.

Walton is pushing to reclassify because he would lose eligibility for some high school games during the 2015 season, so best case scenario is he would become an early enrollee for the 2016 class, then red shirt once he got to UM allowing for even more class seperation plus it saves wear on his body.

If JC is feeling UM's staff is lying to him good lord what does he think will happen OSU with Urban Liar, UF where Muschamp is about to be fired, WV see UF situation. He is a smart young man an will see the light. Not to mention UM has shown that running game by committee has been our long standing tradition.

Go Canes

Last edited:
first, it could be jc speaking w/o him having spoke to the coaches. second, its funny how everyone bashes Dex williams on this board and JC sounds more likely to leave. smh

Advertisement
If I was Golden... they need to slow play Scarlett until NSD. And see if Quan signs. JC will have an effect on Quans decision.

I don't see how Jordan is trying to force the staff's hand or even how he could do that. With Williams committed and Walton and Scarlett in play I'm not sure where he would have the leverage to force their hand. As I see it what's really different about this situation is that in this instance we have more information about what's actually going on behind the scenes. And all it suggests is that everyone is jockeying for position. Every other big D1 program in the country goes through the same thing. Indeed recruiting situations at this level are often fluid so our staff and all the running backs are waiting to see how things play out while also covering their butts.

Seeing as it's just July 6th and we're several months away from NSD, as a Cane so long as our coaches get the 2 best running backs that they can out of this group for the next class we should count this as a success. Right now we have four really good ones in the mix and two of them - as of now - are baby Canes. Sounds to me like the coaches are right about where they should be on this one. Again, we are several months away from NSD.

I'm intrigued about the comments Token Cane made about Gus. Did he or anyone else elaborate on those comments?

No one should be the odd man out. Suck it up and do what's good for the team. Recruiting is fluid, staff had no idea that Walton would reclassify.

Cronk is basically trying to force the staffs hand, trying to get them to drop a great prospect because he doesn't want to be apart of a 3 RB class.

Walton, Scarlett (if he commits) have no problem with the numbers.

I sort of understand his position but at the same time I don't like the attitude. Hope he rethinks his position and wants what is best for the team

Good chance I'm in the minority on my thoughts

Sounds reasonable. Yep. You'll end up in the minority.

As a poster mentioned earlier, sharing the load at that position wouldn't necessarily be a bad idea in relation to the current NFL climate. There have been plenty of examples of 2 backs from the same backfield getting fairly highly drafted with perhaps one of the guys not even being that great but benefiting from being a cog in an elite machine. The way the NFL is disposing of RB's at a younger and younger age now too would behoove these guys to not take a max pounding while they're still paying for free ($EC excluded, of course). Most of them don't see it this way and would rather just be "the man" somewhere (see Alex Collins) even if it ends up shortening your pro career. Nonetheless, I'm not upset by having this problem on our end. Worst case- we end up with 2-3 elite recruits at that position that also have the right attitude.

Advertisement
If Williams is not 100 percent and that leaves JC, Jaquan and Tim in the balance.....you got get DW to make a decision. As good as he may be, too much hinging on a guy that may be 50-50.

Since I'm close with This situation I will clarify something's since the writer only quoted 2 lines of the interview from Cronkrite. As he said it's not about competition but if the staff said one thing to him and now they are doing something else who knows if this will be the last time they change their mind on something which would affect him in one way or another. He was raised to honor his word and he expects the people he deals with to do the same and right now they aren't.

Him being realistic has to do with 3 coming in how do they determine who gets first crack behind Yearby because I can tell you the staff is not even counting much from Gus and Tucker may be gone. Now some people may disagree with what I have been told but out of the 3 Walton gets first crack because of him being a pipeline kid. The staff has denied this to Cronkrite which was brought up by his family and head coach but he is starting to wonder how much he can believe what they say.

I'm friends with a few HS head coaches down here and we have talked about this situation and they don't like how it's going and mention this is something the staff has done in the last few years and it hasn't sat well with them and they keep it in the back of their minds when dealing with their players.

Now say what you want about this situation but this is a kid that shut his recruiting down completely after committing only to now have to do something he never wanted to do and that is start listening to more BS from other schools.

I appreciate the insight, Token. Thanks.

It's a really interesting situation to monitor. At the time when Cronkrite committed, Williams was considered highly unlikely to stick and Walton was still a 2016 commit. The staff has continued to recruit Scarlett the entire time, which makes sense for many reasons (extremely talented, potential pipeline school at STA, close friends with possible 2016 commit Sam Bruce).

I wouldn't blame Cronkrite at all for looking around and/or decommitting if two of the other three commit and want to stick. But I'm curious as to how quickly he intends to make his decision. There's certainly a chance that Walton doesn't officially reclassify and Williams succumbs to family pressure and flips. In that scenario, he'd be the only back in the class as the staff continues to pursue Scarlett.

Since I'm close with This situation I will clarify something's since the writer only quoted 2 lines of the interview from Cronkrite. As he said it's not about competition but if the staff said one thing to him and now they are doing something else who knows if this will be the last time they change their mind on something which would affect him in one way or another. He was raised to honor his word and he expects the people he deals with to do the same and right now they aren't.

Him being realistic has to do with 3 coming in how do they determine who gets first crack behind Yearby because I can tell you the staff is not even counting much from Gus and Tucker may be gone. Now some people may disagree with what I have been told but out of the 3 Walton gets first crack because of him being a pipeline kid. The staff has denied this to Cronkrite which was brought up by his family and head coach but he is starting to wonder how much he can believe what they say.

I'm friends with a few HS head coaches down here and we have talked about this situation and they don't like how it's going and mention this is something the staff has done in the last few years and it hasn't sat well with them and they keep it in the back of their minds when dealing with their players.

Now say what you want about this situation but this is a kid that shut his recruiting down completely after committing only to now have to do something he never wanted to do and that is start listening to more BS from other schools.

Token,

Has JC voiced his displeasure to the staff about this? And if so what have they told him in response...?

The staff has been very open to answering all of him and his family's questions in regards to this. Obviously they have told him what he wants but the situation is still unfolding.

Well, so where is the problem then, as you state the staff has been very open with him and his family?

There is no ****ing way they push Williams out. No way.

No but staff will force his hand by asking him to shut down his recruitment or they will pull his offer. They could ask all 4 to do this an whomever is willing will have a spot then Williams will have a choice to make. But honestly I don't think Walton does reclassify, an I think we land all 3 for the 2015 class. Then I think Williams redshirts since he is similar to what yearby and berrios offer on the field, also giving more separation among the running backs. Walton is pushing to reclassify because he would lose eligibility for some high school games during the 2015 season, so best case scenario is he would become an early enrollee for the 2016 class, then red shirt once he got to UM allowing for even more class seperation plus it saves wear on his body.

If JC is feeling UM's staff is lying to him good lord what does he think will happen OSU with Urban Liar, UF where Muschamp is about to be fired, WV see UF situation. He is a smart young man an will see the light. Not to mention UM has shown that running game by committee has been our long standing tradition.

Go Canes

This is my problem with the crap being thrown around. I'm sure we can happily list the Urban Meyer say one thing, do another, Tennessee/UF's question marks, Jimbo minus Jameis plus rape plus other trouble questions and UGA underachieving and Bama putting players in the pros and having them disappear.

Just let us know the concern and we can tell and then spin a story about most programs we recruit against.

i dont get kid, look at how alex collins was beaten into the ground as a freshman with carries. These kids would dominate plus have longer NFL careers.

Advertisement
Back