Herald Article

Bama getting those 4 top rbs was an anomaly. That situation usually never happens. Plus, one the kids already left

Advertisement
Bama getting those 4 top rbs was an anomaly. That situation usually never happens. Plus, one the kids already left

what about georgia..... Sony michael, nick chubb, aj turman, todd gurley, keith marshall, jj green all in the last couple class. Why miami cant do it.
Fsu running backs karlos williams, mario pender, dalvin cook, my cousin ryan green, j vickers, they getting patrick and probably harris.
it happens alot and for miami to get back to being elite you dont turn down talent like scarlett, williams, or walton or even JC to appease someone. I can understand that they may have told him that but you cant let this type of talent walk away either....

Angry Ibis come on Cane you don't have to fuel the fire by attacking every poster that says something critical of the coaches. In this situation for instance, I think most posters who are paying attention are pleased with where we are so far as the running back recruiting situation is concerned.

/September can't get here fast enough

I don't see how Jordan is trying to force the staff's hand or even how he could do that. With Williams committed and Walton and Scarlett in play I'm not sure where he would have the leverage to force their hand. As I see it what's really different about this situation is that in this instance we have more information about what's actually going on behind the scenes. And all it suggests is that everyone is jockeying for position. Every other big D1 program in the country goes through the same thing. Indeed recruiting situations at this level are often fluid so our staff and all the running backs are waiting to see how things play out while also covering their butts.

Seeing as it's just July 6th and we're several months away from NSD, as a Cane so long as our coaches get the 2 best running backs that they can out of this group for the next class we should count this as a success. Right now we have four really good ones in the mix and two of them - as of now - are baby Canes. Sounds to me like the coaches are right about where they should be on this one. Again, we are several months away from NSD.

I'm intrigued about the comments Token Cane made about Gus. Did he or anyone else elaborate on those comments?

No one should be the odd man out. Suck it up and do what's good for the team. Recruiting is fluid, staff had no idea that Walton would reclassify.

Cronk is basically trying to force the staffs hand, trying to get them to drop a great prospect because he doesn't want to be apart of a 3 RB class.

Walton, Scarlett (if he commits) have no problem with the numbers.

I sort of understand his position but at the same time I don't like the attitude. Hope he rethinks his position and wants what is best for the team

Good chance I'm in the minority on my thoughts

Sounds reasonable. Yep. You'll end up in the minority.

Yet because our fans don't like our coach they continue to portray this in a negative light in terms of Miami which doesn't help the overall goal of better players and better football program.

Angry Ibis come on Cane you don't have to fuel the fire by attacking every poster that says something critical of the coaches. In this situation for instance, I think most posters who are paying attention are pleased with where we are so far as the running back recruiting situation is concerned.

I don't see how Jordan is trying to force the staff's hand or even how he could do that. With Williams committed and Walton and Scarlett in play I'm not sure where he would have the leverage to force their hand. As I see it what's really different about this situation is that in this instance we have more information about what's actually going on behind the scenes. And all it suggests is that everyone is jockeying for position. Every other big D1 program in the country goes through the same thing. Indeed recruiting situations at this level are often fluid so our staff and all the running backs are waiting to see how things play out while also covering their butts.

Seeing as it's just July 6th and we're several months away from NSD, as a Cane so long as our coaches get the 2 best running backs that they can out of this group for the next class we should count this as a success. Right now we have four really good ones in the mix and two of them - as of now - are baby Canes. Sounds to me like the coaches are right about where they should be on this one. Again, we are several months away from NSD.

I'm intrigued about the comments Token Cane made about Gus. Did he or anyone else elaborate on those comments?

No one should be the odd man out. Suck it up and do what's good for the team. Recruiting is fluid, staff had no idea that Walton would reclassify.

Cronk is basically trying to force the staffs hand, trying to get them to drop a great prospect because he doesn't want to be apart of a 3 RB class.

Walton, Scarlett (if he commits) have no problem with the numbers.

I sort of understand his position but at the same time I don't like the attitude. Hope he rethinks his position and wants what is best for the team

Good chance I'm in the minority on my thoughts

Yet because our fans don't like our coach they continue to portray this in a negative light in terms of Miami which doesn't help the overall goal of better players and better football program.

Was not attacking you. Getting a little tired of the attacks on the staff when it comes to speculation. Specifically in the midst of the positive recruiting momentum and that it has been proven family and recruits read the board and post here.

The staff has made mistakes, missed evaluations and still needs to prove itself on game day, but the continued allegations on the recruiting board is counterproductive.

And I agree - September can't get here fast enough.

Last edited:

what about georgia..... Sony michael, nick chubb, aj turman, todd gurley, keith marshall, jj green all in the last couple class. Why miami cant do it.
Fsu running backs karlos williams, mario pender, dalvin cook, my cousin ryan green, j vickers, they getting patrick and probably harris.
it happens alot and for miami to get back to being elite you dont turn down talent like scarlett, williams, or walton or even JC to appease someone. I can understand that they may have told him that but you cant let this type of talent walk away either....

all those players you mentioned didn't come in the same class so its a balanced depth chart. Miami is trying to make up for missing on elite RBs the last couple of yrs but Its rare to have 4 RB's in a class

Advertisement

all those players you mentioned didn't come in the same class so its a balanced depth chart. Miami is trying to make up for missing on elite RBs the last couple of yrs but Its rare to have 4 RB's in a class

Bama did it. Whats the big problem though? When duke leaves early for the draft we will only have 2 traditionally running backs. We have to get 3-4 in this class...... like pete said if they are bringing in williams as an overall athlete, walton can redshirt, and then cronk and scarlett. Whats the problem seriously....? thats definitely enough playing time for everyone. Yearby will be three and out by the time they are sophmores and all of them will get playing time....

last couple classes does not equal all in one class

Bama did it. Whats the big problem though? When duke leaves early for the draft we will only have 2 traditionally running backs. We have to get 3-4 in this class...... like pete said if they are bringing in williams as an overall athlete, walton can redshirt, and then cronk and scarlett. Whats the problem seriously....? thats definitely enough playing time for everyone. Yearby will be three and out by the time they are sophmores and all of them will get playing time....

what Bama did was rare ....also after one year I think 2( for sure 1 ) of those RBs are gone .... also who's going to tell these elite RBs their going to redshirt. Its easy for us to say it. Ever recruit likes a balanced depth chart. when your a true freshman you don't want to be fighting with 3 other true freshman for playing time

Honestly if I was Cronk I wouldn't worry I think with his skill set he'll see the field

Advertisement
i would take cronkite walton and scarlett. But williams is just as good as any of the other running backs

What has Jaquan done to make you believe that he will change his mind if one dude doesn't want to go to school with him? does JC have and offer from Florida and Bama?

In all honesty - no disrespect to Cronkite or Williams and I definitely want them both - but it is equally important for the long term to keep the BTW and STA pipelines going. If it comes down to getting a package of Cronkite and Quan vs a package of Scarlett and Bruce plus Walton I think I take the latter.

Advertisement
Upside-wise, still like Williams the most. Can't imagine him ending up in this class with all of the pressure to commit to UF. Yeah, I know, Landon Collins' mom wanted him at LSU, Collins' mom wanted him at Miami, but those situations are more of the exception than the norm.

If I had to pick two, Williams and Scarlett. Think this whole "Cronkrite can help with Irvin and Johnson" is a little overblown. May be completely wrong, but I think Irvin and Johnson are both bound for UF, regardless as to if Cronkrite ends up in this class.

I take Scarlett last personally. Not that I wouldn't take him but he's the least impressive all around IMO. Williams and Walton are definites and I think Cronk has a slight edge for me based on talent and the fact the I don't believe anything Scarlett says and solidifying Johnson and Irvin would be a big bonus.

Advertisement
I didn't read your post as an attack on me.

Was not attacking you. Getting a little tired of the attacks on the staff when it comes to speculation. Specifically in the midst of the positive recruiting momentum and that it has been proven family and recruits read the board and post here.

The staff has made mistakes, missed evaluations and still needs to prove itself on game day, but the continued allegations on the recruiting board is counterproductive.

And I agree - September can't get here fast enough.

I take Scarlett last personally. Not that I wouldn't take him but he's the least impressive all around IMO. Williams and Walton are definites and I think Cronk has a slight edge for me based on talent and the fact the I don't believe anything Scarlett says and solidifying Johnson and Irvin would be a big bonus.
This^^^^^

Advertisement
Back