Henry Parrish, 2020 RB

I was at the game. My opinion hasn’t changed. Parrish is a special back and we have done a terrible job evaluating him. He’s closer to Duke Johnson than Joe Yearby.

I would take a Joe Yearby level player as the complimentary back to a clear 5-star talent like Chaney. If he's closer to Duke than that's even better.

Peoples views of Yearby are colored by the Cook comparisons and the fact he left early. I know you know this, but he had a respectable career here at Miami.

Advertisement
I would take a Joe Yearby level player as the complimentary back to a clear 5-star talent like Chaney. If he's closer to Duke than that's even better.

Peoples views of Yearby are colored by the Cook comparisons and the fact he left early. I know you know this, but he had a respectable career here at Miami.
JY?

no thanks
Love that he was a Cane but chiiillll

Advertisement
Yearby went for a G in ‘15 and was not the bum people make him out as. Poster said as a complimentary piece to Chaney. I’d take that kind of production as our RB2 any day
Like Dmoney said hes closer to Duke then Yearby........why is he saying that? Dog theres a reason the WEZ calls him Slow Yearby............listen I like the guy but lets call facts facts. If this kid is closer to Duke he should be a take. I love JY i love that he was a Cane but we should never field slow running backs at this U thats like having slow anything at Miami.................it should be disallowed and is disrespectful of the past players

Hopefully we can land this young cat before it’s all said and done. Would suck to have another Davonte Freeman situation, where we ignore a player and later on he kicks our @$$es.

Knighton is a great prospect too, but all of the recruiting veterans on this board knew that he had no real interest in us.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again...when a kid keeps saying you’re #2 on his list, while other schools suddenly appear out of the blue (like Taint) and you’re still #2, after not being a take for Clem$on, and then choosing the hated Noles (with possibly their worst circling staff ever), kid was never coming here.

Teams miss all the time. Look at the Hall of Fame-caliber players Pitt has recruited in the past twenty years.

As for your second question, Miami gets less of a pass because they’re local. If the local team with the most information doesn’t recruit you, that means they don’t like you.

No, the other schools don’t have access to any less information than we do.

At least not in this case, everyone was holding back for the same exact reasons. Size, durability, performance, etc.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Let me get this right.

None of the other schools, other than pitt had given him a committable offer up till now. Just like us.

But the other schools, can now come in with commitable offers and they will be considered. But if we come in with a committable offer, we won’t be considered.

So again, we’re being held to a different standard. While others can wait and evaluate and thinker and perfect their recruiting rosters, any local kid we have to offer before anyone else. And then they can still bounce on us anyway.

Yep it’s the Miami double standard with the South Florida recruits.

This This x10000!!! I disagree with @DMoney on this. Why? because all those other schools can take their time building their rosters and evaluating, and the. when they offer an in state kid later who proves himself to be a stud, they take the offer right away! You see it with Osu, Clemson, Bama. In Miami? you get hard feelings. Miami high schools has developed this b*tch culture that's frankly embarrassing. Same stuff with Battle last year. Parrish is committed to Pitt and he would rather play there than Miami because Miami and everyone else has not offered ??? PLEASEE!! This is mostly unique to Miami.... You don't see second tier guys doing this to the big boy programs.

And you can argue Miami is not at the level of the big boy programs. Excuses..... Georgia Kids, OSU, BAMA even in their down years their offers meant something and kids were loyal, not to mention second tier dudes committed to lesser schools still jumped on the hometown offer. It was something you earned because YOU WORKED HARD FOR. If we recruit Parrish hard and make his offer dommitable and he ends up in South Carolina or Pitt or another trash school... Then ***** him. Enjoy getting your *** beat by Huff and Brooks for 4 years.

I'm.confident for the first time since 2001, that Mami will be back. Diaz knows that these SouthForida sensitive divas love to play games and are big on drama. Even these second tier cats are up in their feelings thinking the U owes them something. No dog, you EARN that offer. If you don't like it then ***** you.. go play in cold *** irrelevant Pitt. DTs don't want to come? We will go to NYC and get the most athletic tackles... The New Miami will roll with or without you... And Im glad we will no longer be held hostage by these 3 star donell types . Rant over

Time heals all wounds. Trajan Bandy’s feelings were hurt a few summers ago too.

If Miami wants this kid, and they have anything resembling a good recruiter on their staff, they should be able to get him. And if they don’t want him, they need to have their heads examined.

Advertisement
This This x10000!!! I disagree with @DMoney on this. Why? because all those other schools can take their time building their rosters and evaluating, and the. when they offer an in state kid later who proves himself to be a stud, they take the offer right away! You see it with Osu, Clemson, Bama. In Miami? you get hard feelings. Miami high schools has developed this b*tch culture that's frankly embarrassing. Same stuff with Battle last year. Parrish is committed to Pitt and he would rather play there than Miami because Miami and everyone else has not offered ??? PLEASEE!! This is mostly unique to Miami.... You don't see second tier guys doing this to the big boy programs.

And you can argue Miami is not at the level of the big boy programs. Excuses..... Georgia Kids, OSU, BAMA even in their down years their offers meant something and kids were loyal, not to mention second tier dudes committed to lesser schools still jumped on the hometown offer. It was something you earned because YOU WORKED HARD FOR. If we recruit Parrish hard and make his offer dommitable and he ends up in South Carolina or Pitt or another trash school... Then ***** him. Enjoy getting your *** beat by Huff and Brooks for 4 years.

I'm.confident for the first time since 2001, that Mami will be back. Diaz knows that these SouthForida sensitive divas love to play games and are big on drama. Even these second tier cats are up in their feelings thinking the U owes them something. No dog, you EARN that offer. If you don't like it then ***** you.. go play in cold *** irrelevant Pitt. DTs don't want to come? We will go to NYC and get the most athletic tackles... The New Miami will roll with or without you... And Im glad we will no longer be held hostage by these 3 star donell types . Rant over

If recruiting South Florida divas is the problem, why did we put all our eggs in the Knighton basket?

There were three elite backs locally this year and we need to get two of them.

Advertisement
Back