Henry Parrish, 2020 RB

If recruiting South Florida divas is the problem, why did we put all our eggs in the Knighton basket?

There were three elite backs locally this year and we need to get two of them.

Our class is almost full. I think the staff made an evaluation at the time they would only take 2 backs if they were in the Chaney/ Knighton tier. Parrish is a step below that. If Parrish blows up and proves them wrong, then earn the **** scholarship like a man. This is just Parrish in his feelings. There are other needs in this roster and schollies are extremely valuable. Again , second tier kids prove themselves everywhere else and are happy to get a scholly from the dominant hometown school. Not here. Parrish does not project like Chaney/ Knighton in college. Miami is not the only one that didn't offer.... The big boys have not offered. Heck if only Pitt and uSCE are recruiting him... Not even UF/FSU are recruiting him hard. Bet he goes to one of those programs before he goes to UM. You recruit the ones that want to be here that are Miami Caliber and go out of state to get those players who are elite that badly want to be canes ( also Jordan and Mallory).

In another class we probably take Parrish... But this year you had 3 backs in Florida that are better than him: Chaney, Bowman and Knighton. I think Miami got the best of those 3 and knew they had zero shot with Bowman and thought they might have a shot with knighton.... Those 3 guys are ELITE..... Parrish is a cut below. Nothing wrong with earning your way into a schollies your senior season.

Advertisement
Let me ask everyone this.....

I like Parrish obviously I always give south fla kids more credence over kids from other parts of the country.

But why Pitt?? Why aren't other schools knocking this kids door down? I mean yes it can always happen as the season moves on and we get closer to signing day but Pitt?

Advertisement

I like Parrish obviously I always give south fla kids more credence over kids from other parts of the country.

But why Pitt?? Why aren't other schools knocking this kids door down? I mean yes it can always happen as the season moves on and we get closer to signing day but Pitt?

Exactly... He needs to prove himself.

That's the point OCC is making. Miami was in wait and see mode like 90+% of schools as well. The issue everyone wants to jump on the staff about is he is local and we should have done better. Maybe so, but we have Chaney who was higher on our board. Parrish is a great player as well and I hope they circle back on him. The thing that needs to be overcome is the hurt feelings of some of the talented South Florida kids that are told wait. When other schools do it the kids likely re-commit to the local/state school, except when it's Miami for some reason. The double standard is undeniable.

That's the point OCC is making. Miami was in wait and see mode like 90+% of schools as well. The issue everyone wants to jump on the staff about is he is local and we should have done better. Maybe so, but we have Chaney who was higher on our board. Parrish is a great player as well and I hope they circle back on him. The thing that needs to be overcome is the hurt feelings of some of the talented South Florida kids that are told wait. When other schools do it the kids likely re-commit to the local/state school, except when it's Miami for some reason. The double standard is undeniable.

Perfect response

Pitt has better RBs in the NFL right now than nearly every school in the country, including Miami.

We always blame the kid and not the staff. If South Florida divas are the problem, why did we put so much faith in Knighton?

If a great local player leaves the state at a need position, that falls on our staff. If South Florida kids are the problem, go elsewhere for a second back. We didn’t do either and it’s a bad look.

Advertisement
Pitt has better RBs in the NFL right now than nearly every school in the country, including Miami.

We always blame the kid and not the staff. If South Florida divas are the problem, why did we put so much faith in Knighton?

If a great local player leaves the state at a need position, that falls on our staff. If South Florida kids are the problem, go elsewhere for a second back. We didn’t do either and it’s a bad look.

Better running backs in the NFL? That's debatable DMoney....

I also agree it's a bad look but this goes back to something I've always said that we are held to a different standards than other programs. We have Cheney committed we decided to go after another Sfla kid who ended up at FSU... I mean it's not like we went after a kid from New Jersey

We don’t know if it’s too late, he will probably come around eventually. Not like the staff haven’t done that in the past and are locked in on a decision

Let me get this right.

None of the other schools, other than pitt had given him a committable offer up till now. Just like us.

But the other schools, can now come in with commitable offers and they will be considered. But if we come in with a committable offer, we won’t be considered.

So again, we’re being held to a different standard. While others can wait and evaluate and thinker and perfect their recruiting rosters, any local kid we have to offer before anyone else. And then they can still bounce on us anyway.

Yep it’s the Miami double standard with the South Florida recruits.

This only makes the staff look worse.

If there is a double-standard, then don't slow play the kid. That's like blaming the sun for being hot when you don't wear sun screen.

The bottom line is that Parrish is better than our staff thinks he is. He proves it every time he plays.

Serious question, are his listed offers on 247 all BS? He has Michigan, PSU, Oregon, FSU, some others on there.

Advertisement
If there is a double-standard, then don't slow play the kid. That's like blaming the sun for being hot when you don't wear sun screen.
If Miami offers early and he commits, can the staff pull the offer from a local kid if he under performs? Probably no. So I'm ok with slow playing a kid that the staff is unsure of.

After talking to a few sources since the Asa Martin transfer, the initial take from Parrish and his family is that they are done with Miami and happy with Pitt. The only way he leaves is if it is for a Bama/UGA/Clemson type.
To clarify, Parrish’s dad said that they were “done with Miami” after he committed to Pitt, but that was after Miami stopped communicating with him. Nobody thinks it would be easy to flip him, because the Staff basically shut the door in his face when he clearly wanted a committable offer.
Knock on his door, but move on from him if that's the case, find another one if RB2 is really a priority.

Remember ole 3 star Crowley? Blew up hid senior year and got yanked out of here in a span of 12 days. It happens.
What the staff needs to realize is that Deerfield=Lakeland. We should’ve gotten another tight end last year but instead we went all the way up there to watch that last game for nothing.

Advertisement
The real question is if we recruited the **** out of this kid would he even flip?

Just can’t comprehend why we are late to the show with kids in our backyard .

Do we put all out stock into Daniels next year? That kid is going to have huge bags thrown at him. We need to have multiple top South Florida options at RB. Can this staff do that?

Remember ole 3 star Crowley? Blew up hid senior year and got yanked out of here in a span of 12 days. It happens.
What the staff needs to realize is that Deerfield=Lakeland. We should’ve gotten another tight end last year but instead we went all the way up there to watch that last game for nothing.

Agreed. Awareness is still an issue with this staff in recruiting. While it is their jobs to change minds of recruits, you also have to be aware when the recruit is stringing you along and adjust.

We do it all the time. We did it with Brieon Fuller and Diamante Howard last year, for example.
I don’t want to be a ****, and you have more insight, but both were dropped before or early in their senior year. If the staff still isn’t sold on Parrish now, but he was committed to UM, his situation would be around half-way through his senior season.

A while back I saw a post (I think it was) from you saying UM couldn’t pull Hodges offer even if they wanted. What is the difference between him and the others you cited and Parrish?
If it wasn’t you or I misquoted something I apologize, just curious about the way recruiting works around SoFla.

Advertisement
Back