Helfrich at Miami last week

arinand1

Sophomore
According to 247, former Oregon head coach Mark Helfrich spent multiple days at the University of Miami last week. Met with Richt and other staff members.

Interesting.. Thoughts?

Advertisement
According to 247, former Oregon head coach Mark Helfrich spent multiple days at the University of Miami last week. Met with Richt and other staff members.

Interesting.. Thoughts?

Interesting indeed.

Advertisement
Richt giving up play calling duties

I doubt that, at least not completely and/or not right now. My guess would be either bringing him on as co-offensive coordinator or as an "offensive analyst" (not confident Helfrich would do that, just a thought), pretty much as OC-in-waiting like Saban did with Sarkisian. I don't think we could convince him to be a support staffer like Bama does, so most likely co-OC IF anything happens at all.

Although I can't say I would be totally opposed if Richt gave up playcalling duties completely and hired Helfrich. Would likely be rough at first, but once everyone got on the same page in his offense, we would take a giant **** all over the coastal. Would be a thing of beauty.

Richt giving up play calling duties

Would be ridiculously fantastic news. It's the only aspect of the current regime that still has me worried.

I am worried about it as well but I don't see CMR giving up that duty. I am interested to see what CMR does to our Offense with a QB who is mobile. I hope it'll mean he will be a little more creative with his plays.

Advertisement
I really feel like Richt is wanting to transition into an offense closer to what Clemson runs

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

This guy can coach QBs with the best of them.

With so many new guys up for the spot, all the input possible is a good thing.

Advertisement
If this happens, our O will score 50/ppl while the D gives up only 13. Plllllleaase let this happen

I really feel like Richt is wanting to transition into an offense closer to what Clemson runs

If Miami ran Clemson's or Pitts Offense, we'd be among the elite every season. It is mind boggling how with our speed, Miami runs such a linear and predictable Offense.
[MENTION=4648]Pete[/MENTION]rariz any smoke with this report?

That can't be the case....Sitkowski said that one of the reasons he committed to Miami is so he can run a pro style offense...I don't want anything close to a Clemson offense....you see what that does to qbs at the next level....

Advertisement
Coaches talking football. Why not take a vacation to sunny Miami and stop in and see the coaches and discuss football. That is good news. Helfrich is a proven QB coach and OC. But I can't see Richt giving up his QB coaching and OC duties.

Richt wants a faster paced up-tempo Offense that can run upwards of 70 plays a game without dissolving into complete gimmick mode while maintaining the Pro-style system.

Coaches meet with other Coaches/staffs all the time, sometimes it's just to exchange ideas, doesn't necessarily mean he's getting hired.

Or, he could think about adding him to the staff as an analyst, which would be absolutely great.

Either way, it's pretty clear Richt has some big aspirations for this Offense, this shows he's looking to improve in areas he struggled with last season, it also shows he's planning to win BIG.

We got a ton of weapons, with Ahmmon Richards, Dionte Mullins, Jeff Thomas, Mike Harley, Braxton Berrios, Deejay Dallas, Lawrence Cager, Evidence Njoku, Jovani Haskins, Michael Irvin(g), Brian Polendey, Mark Walton, Travis Homer, Robert Burns etc...

Helfrich is only help to take Richt's Ferrari to the showroom floor.

Last edited:
Richt sent 6 QB's to the NFL at FSU alone, two of which were heisman winners. If any of you actually think Richt is going to give up playcalling after 1 year shoe shiner like Helfrich than please turn in your cane card and log out of this site forever. You have no business talking football.

That can't be the case....Sitkowski said that one of the reasons he committed to Miami is so he can run a pro style offense...I don't want anything close to a Clemson offense....you see what that does to qbs at the next level....
Sits got some wheels on him tho and we're not currently recruiting any more kaaya types from what I can gather. It just seems like the O is gonna have more Clemson type looks instead of existing strictly with pro sets like say Michigan.

Advertisement
Back