Helfrich at Miami last week

Richt wants a faster paced up-tempo Offense that can run upwards of 70 plays a game without dissolving into complete gimmick mode while maintaining the Pro-style system.

Coaches meet with other Coaches/staffs all the time, sometimes it's just to exchange ideas, doesn't necessarily mean he's getting hired.

Or, he could think about adding him to the staff as an analyst, which would be absolutely great.

Either way, it's pretty clear Richt has some big aspirations for this Offense, this shows he's looking to improve in areas he struggled with last season, it also shows he's planning to win BIG.

We got a ton of weapons, with Ahmmon Richards, Dionte Mullins, Jeff Thomas, Mike Harley, Braxton Berrios, Deejay Dallas, Lawrence Cager, Evidence Njoku, Jovani Haskins, Michael Irvin(g), Brian Polendey, Mark Walton, Travis Homer, Robert Burns etc...

Helfrich is only help to take Richt's Ferrari to the showroom floor.

Exactly.... People sre now seeing that Marcus Mariota had a much easier transition to the NFL than anyone expected. That's because Chip and Mark have pro-style principles in their passing concepts that still make the QB'S job relatively difficult. A great blend of prostyle without full gimmick like you said.

Ive said this 1000 times. Richt agreed to part ways with Georgia mainly because he wanted to call plays and coach qbs again. Some of you are so dense you think the game has passed him up and that he can't call plays anymore. After one year of coaching a team of players he doesn't know at all.

His coaching reputation speaks for itself. This one year hasnt erased his success a successful playcaller.

Ill say it again, please name an oc who took over a team witha slow *** pocket qb and turned them into contenders in year 1?

Dont worry.. ill wait.

Richt will know this personnel that much better next year and this offense will transform.

I cant wait to serve crow.

Advertisement
Fired Coach Coaching Tour.

He'll be the Tennessee OC next year when Chip Kelly takes that job.

there should be a litmus test to post on this site. if you (a) believe Richt is going to relinquish play calling duties in the short or medium term, (b) think an on-campus stadium is feasible or (c) refer to Michael Irvin Jr. as "Irving", you should be banned for life.

Last edited:
Richt wants a faster paced up-tempo Offense that can run upwards of 70 plays a game without dissolving into compete gimmick mode & maintaining the Pro-style system.

Coaches meet with other Coaches/staffs all the time, sometimes it's just to exchange ideas, doesn't necessarily mean he's getting hired.

Or, he could could think about adding him to the staff as an analyst, which would be absolutely great.

Either way, it's pretty clear Richt has some big aspirations for this Offense, this shows he's looking to improve in areas he struggled with last season, it also shows he's planning to win BIG.

We got a ton of weapons, with Ahmmon Richards, Dionte Mullins, Jeff Thomas, Mike Harley, Braxton Berrios, Deejay Dallas, Lawrence Cager, Evidence Njoku, Jovani Haskins, Michael Irvin(g), Brian Polendey, Mark Walton, Travis Homer, Robert Burns etc...

Helfrich is only to help take Richt's Ferrari to the showroom floor.

This 100x. We had a bunch of silly mistakes when we went up tempo last year, False starts and illegal formations etc. MH has great experience with that and can give Richt some helpful ideas on getting kids accustomed to switching from a regular pace to a much faster paced offense. Great example of Richt understanding where we need improvement and taking steps to making the Canes the Canes again. Would like to see Helrich brought on board in some capacity.

Go Canes!

Are you guys just guessing based on what you think he wants to do, or do you have inside knowledge that Rick is looking to go uptempo?
Richt said it himself dozens of times he wanted to go uptempo last season.

So it's just you guys reading tea leaves. He did go uptempo last year on occasion. I wouldn't anticipate him doing much different than what he did last year with the exception of using his QBs legs more this year. He'll mix in some uptempo like he did last year.

Advertisement
there should be a litmus test to post on this site. if you (a) believe Richt is going to relinquish play calling duties in the short or medium term, (b) think an on-campus stadium is feasible or (c) refer to Michael Irving Jr. as "Irving", you should be banned for life.

Did you intentionally spell it Irving Jr. to fool some people or did you get caught in the trap?

there should be a litmus test to post on this site. if you (a) believe Richt is going to relinquish play calling duties in the short or medium term, (b) think an on-campus stadium is feasible or (c) refer to Michael Irving Jr. as "Irving", you should be banned for life.

Did you intentionally spell it Irving Jr. to fool some people or did you get caught in the trap?

fixed, LOL

I really feel like Richt is wanting to transition into an offense closer to what Clemson runs

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That can't be the case....Sitkowski said that one of the reasons he committed to Miami is so he can run a pro style offense...I don't want anything close to a Clemson offense....you see what that does to qbs at the next level....

Not worried about what they do at the next level. U football doesn't exist to get QB's ready for the NFL. What they do at the U playing D1 football is ALL that matters!

Advertisement
I met Richt's brother-in-law at a coaching clinic in Orlando a few weeks ago. We shot the **** for a few and the first thing he said about Richt is that he's thrilled to be calling plays again.

I don't think we can honestly judge Richt's ability to play call after one season. Especially after the long layoff of just being a "CEO" type of Coach.

I say give him 4 recruiting classes and then judge his ability within that span coaching kids he...
... you know... ...recruited.

I don't think we can honestly judge Richt's ability to play call after one season. Especially after the long layoff of just being a "CEO" type of Coach.

I say give him 4 recruiting classes and then judge his ability within that span coaching kids he...

You need 4 years to judge playcalling?

Advertisement

fixed, LOL

Band!

You need 4 years to judge playcalling?

I think it will give me a more accurate gauge on how he is as a play-caller than just focusing on his rusty first season with players he never recruited after the long layoff.
I am looking at the big picture not being short- sided.

Not 4 years though.

I'll give him a pass for last year (well, that 4 game stretch), but I'm anxious to see how he responds this year.

Won't be easy, with a roster full of rook QBs. It's why I think Rozier has a decent shot if he steps up.

Obviously, if Rick struggles with it this year, he might have to get and get a real OC by the 3rd or 4th year.

Advertisement
He put a lot on Kaaya last year, and I don't know if he was making the correct decisions all the time or not. The play calling did seem to improve later in the year. With a new QB, he'll have to be more hands-on, with less for the new QB to think about. Will be interesting to see if there are true RPO's, vs last year.

The playcalling improved from the Notre Dame game through the rest of the season but there will still times where it felt like Rick was still trying to force a power running game that never actually clicked the whole season. The dumped some formations, ran a whole lot more shotgun and threw on first down more often because the offensive line couldn't run block to save their lives.

there should be a litmus test to post on this site. if you (a) believe Richt is going to relinquish play calling duties in the short or medium term, (b) think an on-campus stadium is feasible or (c) refer to Michael Irvin Jr. as "Irving", you should be banned for life.

Well I think there should be a litmus test - and if your name starts with "RSA," you should be required to stick your head in the toilet and flush.

Richt would be wise to go spend a week in Seattle, Washington or Boise, Idaho...

Advertisement
Back