Helfrich at Miami last week

Advertisement
Richt wants a faster paced up-tempo Offense that can run upwards of 70 plays a game without dissolving into compete gimmick mode & maintaining the Pro-style system.

Coaches meet with other Coaches/staffs all the time, sometimes it's just to exchange ideas, doesn't necessarily mean he's getting hired.

Or, he could could think about adding him to the staff as an analyst, which would be absolutely great.

Either way, it's pretty clear Richt has some big aspirations for this Offense, this shows he's looking to improve in areas he struggled with last season, it also shows he's planning to win BIG.

We got a ton of weapons, with Ahmmon Richards, Dionte Mullins, Jeff Thomas, Mike Harley, Braxton Berrios, Deejay Dallas, Lawrence Cager, Evidence Njoku, Jovani Haskins, Michael Irvin(g), Brian Polendey, Mark Walton, Travis Homer, Robert Burns etc...

Helfrich is only to help take Richt's Ferrari to the showroom floor.

This 100x. We had a bunch of silly mistakes when we went up tempo last year, False starts and illegal formations etc. MH has great experience with that and can give Richt some helpful ideas on getting kids accustomed to switching from a regular pace to a much faster paced offense. Great example of Richt understanding where we need improvement and taking steps to making the Canes the Canes again. Would like to see Helrich brought on board in some capacity.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
According to 247, former Oregon head coach Mark Helfrich spent multiple days at the University of Miami last week. Met with Richt and other staff members.

Interesting.. Thoughts?

Many here might recall when I advocated for Rick to bring in a pro spread set OC or consultant. I hope he listened to that.

According to 247, former Oregon head coach Mark Helfrich spent multiple days at the University of Miami last week. Met with Richt and other staff members.

Interesting.. Thoughts?

Many here might recall when I advocated for Rick to bring in a pro spread set OC or consultant. I hope he listened to that.

Richt definitely got word of your message board posts -- it was probably what really put the idea over the top for him, so kudos.

Advertisement
I don't anticipate CMR to give up the OC role, especially because he feels it was stepping away from it that cost him at UGA. That said, there is no question these two discussed how they could work each other, at least from Helfrich's side.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Richt isn't giving up those playcalling duties. That's one of the reasons he came here. Possible a quality control guy or just picking his brain. I highly doubt Richt goes full blown uptempo. Some uptempo/spread is definitely needed into today's game though

definitely dont need Mark Helfrich at Miami coaching offense lol yall are hilarious

Advertisement
Advertisement
I really feel like Richt is wanting to transition into an offense closer to what Clemson runs

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That can't be the case....Sitkowski said that one of the reasons he committed to Miami is so he can run a pro style offense...I don't want anything close to a Clemson offense....you see what that does to qbs at the next level....

I'm not calling you stupid, but the concept "pro-style" is stupid and doesn't mean anything. NFL teams all over are running spread offenses now.

Also, it's not like NFL teams will ignore guys who play in these "gimmicky, spread" offenses. Cam Newton, Marcus Mariota and Johnny Manziel were all drafted in the first round out of these offenses. If you have talent, the NFL will find you and draft you.

Richt wants a faster paced up-tempo Offense that can run upwards of 70 plays a game without dissolving into compete gimmick mode & maintaining the Pro-style system.

Coaches meet with other Coaches/staffs all the time, sometimes it's just to exchange ideas, doesn't necessarily mean he's getting hired.

Or, he could could think about adding him to the staff as an analyst, which would be absolutely great.

Either way, it's pretty clear Richt has some big aspirations for this Offense, this shows he's looking to improve in areas he struggled with last season, it also shows he's planning to win BIG.

We got a ton of weapons, with Ahmmon Richards, Dionte Mullins, Jeff Thomas, Mike Harley, Braxton Berrios, Deejay Dallas, Lawrence Cager, Evidence Njoku, Jovani Haskins, Michael Irvin(g), Brian Polendey, Mark Walton, Travis Homer, Robert Burns etc...

Helfrich is only to help take Richt's Ferrari to the showroom floor.

This 100x. We had a bunch of silly mistakes when we went up tempo last year, False starts and illegal formations etc. MH has great experience with that and can give Richt some helpful ideas on getting kids accustomed to switching from a regular pace to a much faster paced offense. Great example of Richt understanding where we need improvement and taking steps to making the Canes the Canes again. Would like to see Helrich brought on board in some capacity.

Go Canes!

Are you guys just guessing based on what you think he wants to do, or do you have inside knowledge that Rick is looking to go uptempo?

Advertisement
Back