Hearing Greg Schiano's name a lot from "insiders"

From what I have heard, Schiano would be on the list because he plays a defense that would be very popular in South Florida and he has strong respect among the HS coaches in the area and would kill it in recruiting because he is a well known entity. I'd have him on my B list, and I guarantee he'd be a real improvement over Golden and Shannon. I'd be interested in who he'd have on his staff. I think this group will first make a play for a bigger name. BTW, I think Chuck Pagano would be a very solid hire. He'd be on my A list.

Advertisement
I'm not saying Schiano should be the guy, but overall W-L record can be deceptive.

Jimmy Johnson was 29-25-3 when we hired him. Bill Belichick was 36-44 when New England signed him up. I have reservations about Schiano but recognize that he did a good job at Rutgers.

I don't think we hire a Head Coach that requires a buyout. That would mean paying Golden his severance...paying the new HC's salary...and the buyout. Three huge nuts we cannot afford. Not happening.

We will focus our search on up and coming assistants or currently or soon to be unemployed head coaches. Bank on it.

BTW...ask anybody who has met Frenkenstein...he doesn't give a taco about sports.

Lol at hiring a coach without a buyout in the contract. EVERY coach gets that for top tier FBS schools.

Not at Baylor

I have never understood the hatred for this guy by some. Yes, he did turn us down once but with our administration can u blame him? He had it made at Rutgers. I think he did a fine job there considering what he was working with. He failed miserably in the pros. So did many good and great college coaches. I think that a couple years away from coaching has humbled him and I think he is ready to get back to doing what he does. Our Defense would be dominant under this guy. We would be well coached and we would not make stupid mistakes. I am all for Greg Schiano.

Advertisement
I'm not saying Schiano should be the guy, but overall W-L record can be deceptive.

Jimmy Johnson was 29-25-3 when we hired him. Bill Belichick was 36-44 when New England signed him up. I have reservations about Schiano but recognize that he did a good job at Rutgers.

Great, any team can have him.

D have some standards.

He only had one good season there and it was nine years ago. Not an exciting resume.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back