Hearing Greg Schiano's name a lot from "insiders"

Advertisement
I want a coach who commands quality assistants

I think Schiano would have good assistants. He's has also been out of coaching 2 years and done a lot of soul searching and redoing his coaching philosophy with some of the best in the business. I could live with it. We could do way worse.

I try to look past his 68-67 record because he was 53-35 or something close to that over the last 6-7 years. Acceptable for a school like Rutgers. They never recovered after he left. Unlike Al, temple flourished soon after he left

Schiano coached some of the best players and defenses in Miami history.... And did pretty good at Rutgers as well. He KNOWS what Miami football is supposed to be like more specifically defense

your legitimacy as a fan and poster is what I like to call "goldenized"....just stop posting until next year

Advertisement
I love this argument, in favor of support for a coach, "he would bring good assistants".

If Schiano was NEVER affiliated with UM, you would never support a 68-67 coach. You would never bring him up.

Schiano was on campus for 18 freakin' months. You'd think he WAS Butch instead of a guy that had a brief stint UNDER Butch by the way some people talk about him. I'm not buying any of this chatter but I wouldn't put it past our BoT to forgive and forget Schiano spurning them once before but to still hold a grudge against a guy that took an effing NFL job.

Advertisement
Schiano coached some of the best players and defenses in Miami history.... And did pretty good at Rutgers as well. He KNOWS what Miami football is supposed to be like more specifically defense
Brock. I hate to do it to u ... But u trippin on this one blood

Advertisement
Mr. Tomato, i.e. Gino de MAre's father pushed for Golden and he "was the biggest proponent in the hire". That inisght comes from Rum family and is fact. Golden was a good hire at the time. Problem was that Di MAre was the ONLY one that wanted to extend Golden. The other donors said "no", but Tomato had put up second most for athletics at the time, so they had no choice. If Tomato had not pushed for extension they could have fired Golden last year.

Only good news is that the 'Tomato family' has said "money is no longer an option". These guys saved the "new" baseball stadium so I am confident that cash is no longer an issue IF Golden finishes the season. The evil of the extension is that we cannot fire Golden until after game 12.

(Only two of our big donors are helping academics. Big donors want genomics, tech, analytics/Big Data and the hospital. They want a top 50 law school next. Those are the facts.)

Also, for those that hate Shalala. She practically pushed Huzienga to donate a $1 million to baseball stadium. Without Shalala, we still have a dump for a baseball stadium.

Money is no longer an option? WTF does that mean?

It means we have another high-level, deep-thinking insider amongst us.

Advertisement
Mr. Tomato, i.e. Gino de MAre's father pushed for Golden and he "was the biggest proponent in the hire". That inisght comes from Rum family and is fact. Golden was a good hire at the time. Problem was that Di MAre was the ONLY one that wanted to extend Golden. The other donors said "no", but Tomato had put up second most for athletics at the time, so they had no choice. If Tomato had not pushed for extension they could have fired Golden last year.

Only good news is that the 'Tomato family' has said "money is no longer an option". These guys saved the "new" baseball stadium so I am confident that cash is no longer an issue IF Golden finishes the season. The evil of the extension is that we cannot fire Golden until after game 12.

(Only two of our big donors are helping academics. Big donors want genomics, tech, analytics/Big Data and the hospital. They want a top 50 law school next. Those are the facts.)

Also, for those that hate Shalala. She practically pushed Huzienga to donate a $1 million to baseball stadium. Without Shalala, we still have a dump for a baseball stadium.

Money is no longer an option? WTF does that mean?

It means we have another high-level, deep-thinking insider amongst us.

That sounds a bit like chefcane. Remember him?

I don't think we hire a Head Coach that requires a buyout. That would mean paying Golden his severance...paying the new HC's salary...and the buyout. Three huge nuts we cannot afford. Not happening.

We will focus our search on up and coming assistants or currently or soon to be unemployed head coaches. Bank on it.

BTW...ask anybody who has met Frenkenstein...he doesn't give a taco about sports.

Advertisement
Back