Hearing Greg Schiano's name a lot from "insiders"

Sauces or it's BS.

It might be BS (i hope), but posters from sites (including this one) are saying Schiano is their #1 choice and the BOT are split on Butch.

So what are saying?
That you actually know an "insider" who says that it's Schiano, or that you got your information from a message board poster
claiming to be an insider?
Big difference.
Don't be a phallus.

I thought i was pretty clear as to what i'm saying....

Various posters from multiple sites (claiming to be insiders) keep bringing up Schiano's name.

There are various posters from other sites that have Tourettes.

Lol

Advertisement
Id take him in a heartbeat. Especially over some of the names I've seen thrown around here.

Advertisement
Schiano coached some of the best players and defenses in Miami history.... And did pretty good at Rutgers as well. He KNOWS what Miami football is supposed to be like more specifically defense

- 68–67
- Never won the Big East
- tied for 2nd twice (in 12 years)
- onetop 25 finish (IN 12 YEARS)
- 5-1 in bowl games (not bad, but didn't make it 6 times....)

Extremely underwhelming hire in a time when we NEED to hit a homerun.

yea this resume makes makes butch jones look like a superstar

Id take him in a heartbeat. Especially over some of the names I've seen thrown around here.

I agree with this. Schiano would instill toughness. That's one guarantee. He also employs basic football. I don't want a lollipop coach who is all offense.

Schiano's Rutgers teams often had very good stats in yards allowed per pass, which is one of the key stats toward legitimacy and winning big games.

We could do worse, but we could also do far better. Herman from Houston is nearing the top of my list.

Advertisement
Coaches all seem to be a crap shoot. Even good ones seem to only work well for a while. What is certain is that Butch Davis can pick him some players and that his recruiting at Miami was magic. Every recruit knows what happens to players Butch recruits to Miami. That gets Butch at the table with Urban and Saban and maybe in front of them. Both Butch and Greg have the advantage of being able to start NOW.

I agree with this. Schiano would instill toughness. That's one guarantee. He also employs basic football. I don't want a lollipop coach who is all offense.

Schiano's Rutgers teams often had very good stats in yards allowed per pass, which is one of the key stats toward legitimacy and winning big games.
Are you serious? Is that stat what enabled him to achieve that sterling 68-67 record?

No thanks.

Advertisement
68-67 career college record
11-21 in NFL

Another coach who has somehow convinced the world he is good while having done nothing but be average.

Unreal.

These kids will become "tough" once they are given the tools and confidence to succeed under real coaches.

Advertisement
Schiano coached some of the best players and defenses in Miami history.... And did pretty good at Rutgers as well. He KNOWS what Miami football is supposed to be like more specifically defense

Your opinion is crap on this board given your constant waivering with Golden.

Man please stop with this. I have said I support the players and I want golden before the season so why do you keep insisting I have said otherwise(

Mr. Tomato, i.e. Gino de MAre's father pushed for Golden and he "was the biggest proponent in the hire". That inisght comes from Rum family and is fact. Golden was a good hire at the time. Problem was that Di MAre was the ONLY one that wanted to extend Golden. The other donors said "no", but Tomato had put up second most for athletics at the time, so they had no choice. If Tomato had not pushed for extension they could have fired Golden last year.

Only good news is that the 'Tomato family' has said "money is no longer an option". These guys saved the "new" baseball stadium so I am confident that cash is no longer an issue IF Golden finishes the season. The evil of the extension is that we cannot fire Golden until after game 12.

(Only two of our big donors are helping academics. Big donors want genomics, tech, analytics/Big Data and the hospital. They want a top 50 law school next. Those are the facts.)

Also, for those that hate Shalala. She practically pushed Huzienga to donate a $1 million to baseball stadium. Without Shalala, we still have a dump for a baseball stadium.

Mr. Tomato, i.e. Gino de MAre's father pushed for Golden and he "was the biggest proponent in the hire". That inisght comes from Rum family and is fact. Golden was a good hire at the time. Problem was that Di MAre was the ONLY one that wanted to extend Golden. The other donors said "no", but Tomato had put up second most for athletics at the time, so they had no choice. If Tomato had not pushed for extension they could have fired Golden last year.

Only good news is that the 'Tomato family' has said "money is no longer an option". These guys saved the "new" baseball stadium so I am confident that cash is no longer an issue IF Golden finishes the season. The evil of the extension is that we cannot fire Golden until after game 12.

(Only two of our big donors are helping academics. Big donors want genomics, tech, analytics/Big Data and the hospital. They want a top 50 law school next. Those are the facts.)

Also, for those that hate Shalala. She practically pushed Huzienga to donate a $1 million to baseball stadium. Without Shalala, we still have a dump for a baseball stadium.

Money is no longer an option? WTF does that mean?

Advertisement
Back