Hearing Greg Schiano's name a lot from "insiders"

I don't think we hire a Head Coach that requires a buyout. That would mean paying Golden his severance...paying the new HC's salary...and the buyout. Three huge nuts we cannot afford. Not happening.

We will focus our search on up and coming assistants or currently or soon to be unemployed head coaches. Bank on it.

BTW...ask anybody who has met Frenkenstein...he doesn't give a taco about sports.

Lol at hiring a coach without a buyout in the contract. EVERY coach gets that for top tier FBS schools.

Advertisement
I want a coach who commands quality assistants

I think Schiano would have good assistants. He's has also been out of coaching 2 years and done a lot of soul searching and redoing his coaching philosophy with some of the best in the business. I could live with it. We could do way worse.

I try to look past his 68-67 record because he was 53-35 or something close to that over the last 6-7 years. Acceptable for a school like Rutgers. They never recovered after he left. Unlike Al, temple flourished soon after he left

Rutgers went 8-5 last year, which is basically a Greg Schiano type year

I don't think we hire a Head Coach that requires a buyout. That would mean paying Golden his severance...paying the new HC's salary...and the buyout. Three huge nuts we cannot afford. Not happening.

We will focus our search on up and coming assistants or currently or soon to be unemployed head coaches. Bank on it.

BTW...ask anybody who has met Frenkenstein...he doesn't give a taco about sports.
Lol at hiring a coach without a buyout in the contract. EVERY coach gets that for top tier FBS schools.

Which is why Schiano and Davis become attractive options to many inside the U...no buyout.

Which is why Schiano and Davis become attractive options to many inside the U...no buyout.

We prefer buyouts on the back end. Coker, RS and Golden. We love waste at Miami.

Fuente's buyout is $500,000. That is pretty tiny.

Advertisement
Coaches that I'd be optimistic about next year:
Butch Davis
Tom Herman
Justin Fuente

Coaches that I'd see how it plays out:
Chud
Pagano
Stoops

Coaches that would make me feel like we just lost 58-0 to Clemson:
Schiano
Cristobal

Butch Davis
Tom Herman
Justin Fuente

Chud
Pagano
Stoops

Schiano
Cristobal

You need an avvy my friend.

Agreed on Fuente although with this Administrstion there is no such thing as a "tiny" buyout. Stoops, on the other hand,...not happening.

Advertisement
Butch Davis
Tom Herman
Justin Fuente

Chud
Pagano
Stoops

Schiano
Cristobal

Are there any NFL coordinators who might be a good fit for UM?

Butch Davis
Tom Herman
Justin Fuente

Chud
Pagano
Stoops

Schiano
Cristobal

We done had two coordinators who s**t everything up.

And you wanna do it again?

Today we celebrate that

Firing Day is 37 away.

[video=youtube;3GwjfUFyY6M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M[/video]

Butch Davis
Tom Herman
Justin Fuente

Chud
Pagano
Stoops

Schiano
Cristobal

We done had two coordinators who s**t everything up.

And you wanna do it again?

He said NFL, you know like Butch was when we hired him.

Hiring an NFL coordinator (highest level) is much different. Although depends on which coordinator.

Advertisement
Mr. Tomato, i.e. Gino de MAre's father pushed for Golden and he "was the biggest proponent in the hire". That inisght comes from Rum family and is fact. Golden was a good hire at the time. Problem was that Di MAre was the ONLY one that wanted to extend Golden. The other donors said "no", but Tomato had put up second most for athletics at the time, so they had no choice. If Tomato had not pushed for extension they could have fired Golden last year.

Only good news is that the 'Tomato family' has said "money is no longer an option". These guys saved the "new" baseball stadium so I am confident that cash is no longer an issue IF Golden finishes the season. The evil of the extension is that we cannot fire Golden until after game 12.

(Only two of our big donors are helping academics. Big donors want genomics, tech, analytics/Big Data and the hospital. They want a top 50 law school next. Those are the facts.)

Also, for those that hate Shalala. She practically pushed Huzienga to donate a $1 million to baseball stadium. Without Shalala, we still have a dump for a baseball stadium.

Money is no longer an option? WTF does that mean?

It means we have another high-level, deep-thinking insider amongst us.

That sounds a bit like chefcane. Remember him?

Nah, I don't think he is ChefCane.
ChefCane was full of BS, but at least he was interesting.
This guy claims to be some sort of elitist from California who likes to tell
folks he has access to insiders.
He can be usually found on the baseball board on this site and on Grassy's site
as well.
But I wouldn't pay attention to CanesProbocis.
He's one of many insider phonies who will slither onto the various Cane board with
their "insider" information.

Did anyone notice that Butch was a little more animated last night on ESPN.
I seemed he had a little more "fire" in his delivery.

Advertisement
If Butch got hired, Schiano could likely still come to Miami as the DC so the BOT needs to consider that.
That being said, I was able to see his teams a lot when he was at Rutgers and they were underwhelming. Between having an offense comparable to Donofrios defense and a personality that I don't think would mesh well with South Florida athletes, there are several options that would be better.
Like a guy named Butch who can start recruiting and coaching tomorrow...

If Butch got hired, Schiano could likely still come to Miami as the DC so the BOT needs to consider that.
That being said, I was able to see his teams a lot when he was at Rutgers and they were underwhelming. Between having an offense comparable to Donofrios defense and a personality that I don't think would mesh well with South Florida athletes, there are several options that would be better.

Whatever Butch wants. If Butch wants Schiano as DC, so be it. If not, not. You don't argue with a god.

chica-mano-no.jpg

Whatever Butch wants. If Butch wants Schiano as DC, so be it. If not, not. You don't argue with a god.

View attachment 32986

That was supposed to be a post against Schiano as HC not DC

Shiano's College record without Ray Rice: 42-55
Shiano's Big East record prior to Ray Rice: 3-24
Shiano's Big East record without Ray Rice:16-39
Big East Titles: 0

Count me in for a big NO as well.
Don't like his offensive approach.
Too Northeast for me.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back