Head Coach Candidates?

Advertisement
Speaking as a Cowboy fan (can’t speak for Atlanta fans)… DQ has changed the defensive culture OVER NIGHT in Dallas. He’s become the adult in the room and it is so refreshing. I’d take him in a heart beat with the Canes though it’s be tough to see him walk from Dallas. Coordinators don’t normally leave Dallas if Jerry doesn’t want them too though.
The last DC Miami hired from the Cowboys was pretty good.

Let me preface this with- it's absolutely not based on him hanging around with Luigi's team very early so far today and I doubt that he even has any interest in leaving.....but do you guys think David Shaw could have any success here?

He wouldn't be near my first choice but I also reallllly respect what he's done over his tenure at Stanford and I could see UM's administration absolutely falling in love with him. Him actually wanting to finally leave Stanford could mean you'd get a hungry version of him too.

Advertisement
Said it the other day, if this place is going to be a **** show anyway lets just hire Rex Ryan. He'd coach like Charlie Weis on the field and recruit like Herm Edwards off of it. A total train wreck on the field and sanctions off of it. But at least it would be entertaining. And no, I don't even want him. But at this point we might as well have fun going down with the ship.

Every situation is different and he didn’t fail at FAU

Him going 7-6 at Tennessee in one season wasn’t a failure either, that program is a dumpster fire.

He had USC rolling that one season and then the program got sanctioned, nothing to do with him. Loss of 15+ scholarships will hurt anyone

We will have to take a risk on a coach, no polished coach is coming here

A lot of excuses for a guy that hasn't won anything anywhere.

Advertisement
Curious as to why no one ever mentions David Shaw as a potential coach here. He might not be the sexiest option but his track record is very solid.

Let me preface this with- it's absolutely not based on him hanging around with Luigi's team very early so far today and I doubt that he even has any interest in leaving.....but do you guys think David Shaw could have any success here?

He wouldn't be near my first choice but I also reallllly respect what he's done over his tenure at Stanford and I could see UM's administration absolutely falling in love with him. Him actually wanting to finally leave Stanford could mean you'd get a hungry version of him too.
Interesting thought. Miami wanted to be 'Stanford of the South'....

He's a longtime Stanford Guy though. He played there (WR), and was promoted when Harbaugh left. He did spent a lot of years in the NFL as an assistant , a plus. He's making $4M+.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Interesting thought. Miami wanted to be 'Stanford of the South'....

Isn't he a longtime Stanford Guy though? He played there (WR), and was promoted when Harbaugh left. He did spent a lot of years in the NFL as an assistant , a plus. He's making $4M+.
Exactly. I don't see him leaving unless he privately thinks he reached an absolute ceiling there, needs a new environment to get recharged or gets an offer from the NFL.

I absolutely do think he'd probably be a "dream" candidate for a large swath of our BoT and think it'd be interesting to see if he could actually succeed here. I personally have no idea. Might even be more certain of him being a successful NFL head coach.

Was about to post his name in one of the hundreds of threads about coaching candidates.

Advertisement
The one thing Luigi would definitely resolve is the recruiting drop off. There isn’t a better recruiter out there. I do have some reservations with Luigi as a gameday coach.

Manny Diaz led teams play their worst football in the biggest moments, so in my opinion its only a matter of when not if he gets canned and we start to look for a HC. Who would you guys like to see as a possible HC after Diaz? Here is a small list

Clemson OC Tony Elliott
Notre Dame DC Marcus Freeman
Alabama OC Bill O'Brien
Jeremy Chadwell Coastal Carolina HC
Luke Fickell Cincinnati Head Coach
Huge Freeze Liberty HC
Billy Napier ULL Head Coach
Dan Lenning Georgia DC
Jim Leonhard Wisconsin DC
Eric Beinimey Chiefs OC
Joe Brady Carolina Panthers OC
Byron Leftwitch Bucs OC

Any others??
Where is Mario on this list. He should be the first candidate.

Where is Mario on this list. He should be the first candidate.
Id be fine with a Mario hire but I'm not as high on as a lot of people in here. I want a NFL guy like Joe Brady or Bill O Brien, I think Miami needs to be run in a similar style to a Pro team. We're we get proven NFL coaches who have worked with the best player's And use the Transfer Portal as a sort of free agency

Advertisement
Back