Head Coach Candidates?

And? Miami has failed with Miami Guys, Midwest guys, Miami has failed with a multitude of coaches over the last 2 decades. Get the best coach you can with the budget you have available and give him the resources needed to create a compelling product.
I was correcting the poster of what part of the country Golden came from. That was all. Nothing more.

Advertisement
But he may die of a heart attack taking that ****

😂😂
Miami will always have a base level of talent, the key is getting the most out of that talent. Miami has an innovative NFL guy leading the program, that's when good things happen. In today's "Richest Team Wins" world of College Football, you have to find a market inefficiency. Miami hiring an NFL guy, that brings an NFL mindset to the program would be refreshing. A lot of the antiquated, obsolete viewpoints of the old guard would be wiped out.

Miami will always have a base level of talent, the key is getting the most out of that talent. Miami has an innovative NFL guy leading the program, that's when good things happen. In today's "Richest Team Wins" world of College Football, you have to find a market inefficiency. Miami hiring an NFL guy, that brings an NFL mindset to the program would be refreshing. A lot of the antiquated, obsolete viewpoints of the old guard would be wiped out.
Which is why I suggested Dan Quinn (Former Falcons HC & current DC of Dallas) & Doug Peterson

Luke Fickell: coached under Tressel and Meyer at OSU. Proven positional coach and coordinator. Took over a dumpster fire program and almost beat UGA in the sugar bowl. 3 10+ wins at UC.
I’m just not sold on Fickell. I honestly have no reason not to be but something tells me he’s just a Fuente 2.0

I’m just not sold on Fickell. I honestly have no reason not to be but something tells me he’s just a Fuente 2.0
Fickell has done more at Cinci than Fuente did at Memphis. Fickell also has far more experience in P5 football. He spent a lot of time as a DC under Tressel.

Fickell is the kind of guy that can either blow up or be mediocre as ****. The worst you'll get is a mediocre product. Compared to guys like Shannon, Diaz and Coker, that's tolerable.

Advertisement
Fickell has done more at Cinci than Fuente did at Memphis. Fickell also has far more experience in P5 football. He spent a lot of time as a DC under Tressel.

Fickell is the kind of guy that can either blow up or be mediocre as ****. The worst you'll get is a mediocre product. Compared to guys like Shannon, Diaz and Coker, that's tolerable.
Yeah that’s fair. Definitely has the resume. There’s just something about him that leads me to believe this is an 8-5 type of coach at whatever major program hires him.

100% agreed though…Fickell over any of our last 5 coaches any day of the week.

If we can’t pluck the HC from ****** BC or UC.. fold up shop
I’m not sure that Fickell wants to leave the Midwest. He might not even take USC where his old AD from Cincinnati is for that reason. Hafley just could be waiting for a bigger job. He’s going to be a very hot name over the next few years.

What of we stole the Athletic Director from the University of Kentucky?

Advertisement
Yet it hasn’t happened consistently since 5 coaches ago? Guys who are going to have a lot of options may not see it the same way as fanatics
We have the money for a quality staff. We just need to do our due diligence on finding the right guy and not waiting till he gets snatched up. If the decision makers can be proactive instead of reactive we can find the right guy.

Currently, Fickell makes 3.4 and Hafley makes 3mill.

Fickell will probably be the hotter commodity by the end of the year, but Hafley is making noise.

I don’t know how I’d feel about Stoops. Granted hes at Kentucky and that is a deadbeat program. His barely above .500.

Y’all just regurgitate the same names every 3 years. How about we focus on guys that have big time experience, proven coaching prowess, and ability to develop guys.

Luke Fickell: coached under Tressel and Meyer at OSU. Proven positional coach and coordinator. Took over a dumpster fire program and almost beat UGA in the sugar bowl. 3 10+ wins at UC.

Jeff Hafley: NFL experience. Coordinator exp at OSU. Currently has BC playing well. Almost beat Clemson year 1. His teams are tough. Starting the year 4-0.

These guys should be in top 3 with Mario.
Have you considered a position in the Hecht Athletic Center?

Advertisement
What has BOB and stoops ever done?

O'Brien is credited with building the infrastructure that Franklin has been successful with today. He took over PSU after the Sandusky scandal and had them looking like a rising team in the big 10, in 2 years, before leaving to the Texans. Doesn't hurt that he's alreadt5 spending a year at Bama as their OC.

Stoops has built a pretty decent program at a Basketball school, in a basketball state, in the SEC. I honestly think what he's done gets overlooked by many. He develops talent (whoever their OL coach is, he can come as well) and does it with a relatively small recruiting base. Plus, he coached at UM before. He should be somewhat familiar with the SFLA dynamic. He comes from a coaching family but he earned his way to being a HC. To me, Stoops is a more seasoned Bill Clark. I think he'd be pretty successful in Coral Gables (and that means a trip to Charlotte just about every year) with access to better athletes.

Always wondered if Bob Stoops wanted to get back into coaching. He would be 62 next season, so it would probably only be a 6-7 year hire but that wouldn't really matter if he turned the program around, he could also groom his successor like he did with Riley

Advertisement
A lot of interesting philosophies in this thread. I want a college HC with a proven track record of developing talent and running a (relatively) successful program. It’s a low risk philosophy that at worst case stabilizes the program, think Mullet at UF). For where we are at the moment, handing the program to an NFL guy is a big risk as that has high potential to fail given the dynamics of modern college football. Can’t have a guy learning on the job again. Going the G5 route is hit or miss but I’d be okay with it if the BOT isn’t willing to dish out significant $.

NFL route is not the way to go unless the guy has previous college experience within the past 10 years. The college game has changed so much, and you have to recruit.

First of all Blake has to go. He can’t make the next hire. He is a failure at making coaching hires. Also the administration has to change the way they view the football program. A great football program helps the school overall.

Stoops would be a great hire, Bob that is. He looks like a young 62, was on tv last night. No buyout just pay him a good salary let him have money for good assistants. Urban obviously would be great, but those 2 guys need to have commitment from the administration. They wouldn’t touch this job if they felt handcuffed in any way.

Next would be Hugh Freeze. Lots of experience good offensive mind. Winner and program builder.

After that Mario or Lane. All the talk of Mario, his offense and defense currently rank behind Miami’s in both total offense and total defense. He also ranks like 73rd in penalties for such a disciplinarian. His only draw for me is recruiting, and I’m a big believer in talent.

I think Neal Brown is an excellent coach, not sure of his fit at Miami though.

Bill O’Brien would be solid after that.

A lot of interesting philosophies in this thread. I want a college HC with a proven track record of developing talent and running a (relatively) successful program. It’s a low risk philosophy that at worst case stabilizes the program, think Mullet at UF). For where we are at the moment, handing the program to an NFL guy is a big risk as that has high potential to fail given the dynamics of modern college football. Can’t have a guy learning on the job again. Going the G5 route is hit or miss but I’d be okay with it if the BOT isn’t willing to dish out significant $.

The concern with an nfl guy is that it would have to be a coordinator bc an nfl coach won’t go to college unless he’s flaming out in the pros. In ejther scenario, I think that’s a 2-3 year gig until the guy wants to go back to the pros again.

Advertisement
Back