Head Coach Candidates?

Advertisement
Advertisement
He needs to strike while iron is hot. Having Ridder for 4 years is nothing to discount.

I think he learned from his OSU days
Amongst College coaches, he’d be my #2 behind Mario. Ahead of Tom Allen at the moment.

I don’t know where I am with him. I like how is defense plays but I ‘d be weary without a QB like Ridder leading his team
Fair assessment but he runs similar scheme to what Miami currently has. And looks like he can develop a QB.
TVD & Jake not total stiffs & Jacurri coming in as well if Miami can keep him. I think Fickell could keep him.

Advertisement
Fair assessment but he runs similar scheme to what Miami currently has. And looks like he can develop a QB.
TVD & Jake not total stiffs & Jacurri coming in as well if Miami can keep him. I think Fickell could keep him.
Oh yeah not knocking our guys. I just think highly of Ridder. Luke also strikes me as someone who wants to stay in that Midwest region. He has proven he can go up against teams with better talent and win. I love that. I wouldn’t be mad at him at all just moreso reserved excitement wise.

Stoops has built a pretty decent program at a Basketball school, in a basketball state, in the SEC. I honestly think what he's done gets overlooked by many. He develops talent (whoever their OL coach is, he can come as well) and does it with a relatively small recruiting base. Plus, he coached at UM before. He should be somewhat familiar with the SFLA dynamic. He comes from a coaching family but he earned his way to being a HC. To me, Stoops is a more seasoned Bill Clark. I think he'd be pretty successful in Coral Gables (and that means a trip to Charlotte just about every year) with access to better athletes.

He just beat UF

Advertisement
The more I see Coastal Carolina play the more I like HC Jamey Chadwell. CC is solid on all phases, offense, dedense, special teams. I’m looking to see if last year‘s 11-1 team was fluke, after a 5-7 2019. Comparing the two seasons, it was interesting to note everyone they lost to in 2019, even badly, they came back and beat in 2019, often badly. FWIW.

He’ll get his opportunity at a P5 program soon enough.

Agreed I like him a lot and have watched them closely since last season. It’s easy to see he can Coach and scheme. Take his gameplan vs BYU last season he knew BYU was more talented so he shortened the game by grinding the clock and relied on being efficient on offense and taking his chances by way of minimal possessions in the game for both teams.

His teams plays with effort in all 3 phases as you said and he is innovative.

I think he will succeed when he gets a chance. Unfortunately I don’t think we have the guts or stomach to roll the dice on him.

Him and Hafley should get serious looks outside of all the other popular names that keeps getting mentioned.

Leave no stone unturned during the next HC search.

He needs to strike while iron is hot. Having Ridder for 4 years is nothing to discount.

I think he learned from his OSU days
I was going to say - he has an NFL QB (probably a 2nd rounder) which makes the world of difference. His stock couldn't be higher right now.

Advertisement
Miami will always have a base level of talent, the key is getting the most out of that talent. Miami has an innovative NFL guy leading the program, that's when good things happen. In today's "Richest Team Wins" world of College Football, you have to find a market inefficiency. Miami hiring an NFL guy, that brings an NFL mindset to the program would be refreshing. A lot of the antiquated, obsolete viewpoints of the old guard would be wiped out.
I think being hired as an NFL head coach is in itself a testament to ones coaching ability. Your coaching ability has to be widely respected for a professional organization to pick you to lead their team. These NFL teams typically don't make impulse hires (see UM). Now it is hard to win in the NFL. Building a team is no easy task. Even Saban couldn't do it. However, former NFL head coaches tend to do well in college because they have done the job on an elite level already.

What do people think about Marvin Lewis? Currently on staff with Herm Edwards.

Pros/Cons?
So much coaching experience. He would turn our defense into a much more disciplined and physical unit. He would need to be surrounded with quality recruiters to be successful.

Advertisement
Back