Haselwood Reveals Why He Turned Down The U

Advertisement
If a kid from South Fla said the same things yall would be in here crushing him.

Instead yall about to be making excuses & rationalizing it.

Funny how all the losses, Richt retiring & the whole staff getting fired didn't affect Jeremiah Payton.
Dude right on! F%ck him! Not cane I dont give a sh@it about you or your reasons!

Don’t have a problem with his thinking. He was actually spot on with his rationale. No hate from me, ball out bro

Advertisement
To be fair, when I heard he dropped us I got the feeling he was leading us on etc but it was good to hear this. Thorough reasoning on why we didn't land him and reasoning you can't even argue with

Auntie was a supreme-*** hater though. My goodness.
It’s funny how he and his mom was like he gone do him regardless. Then he said we in Atlanta what’s the difference lol. She just don’t like Miami at all lol

Advertisement
Funny and ironic.

It's funny b/c the rationale for kids not coming to Miami is bags. Again, for 15 yrs we have sucked. Richt took our offense back to the stone ages before stone ages were even thought of. These kids do not want to come to a school losing to Duke, UVA, BC, and GT and get absolutely annihilated in a supposed revenge bowl game.

We bleed recruits b/c we didn't take football serious. Hoping Diaz fixes this and bring this program in to the 21st century and make it attractive again. Getting a REAL QB coach that can call plays for once is a start. Finish up w/ a killer, proven offensive staff that can recruit and we'll be back. Like I told my g @Dwinstitles, this program ain't dead. We need the BOT to be serious about football, and from the sound of it, trying to force Mark to fire Jr shows maybe they are starting to get it.

we don't need him. again stop talking about recruits that always want to troll us and was never interested in us and use our name for attention. let's recruit our guys

Advertisement
I believe he enrolls this weekend at OU.

This kid was all in on Miami until the 3rd loss. He even went to the GTech game after that. That was the turning point. All of the losses, then all of the "dirty laundry" coming out of the locker room , etc. Don't forget he is close with Ezzard and Williams - both kids who at that point were considering leaving. Of course he knew how much crap was going on and how uncertain everything was here.

I was speaking to someone very close to him for the latter part of his recruitment. I can tell you he was all in. Absolutely. His dad was a HUGE part of the end result. He absolutely made a business decision. I was told his Mom and family did not like or trust the UGA staff. He only related to the WR coach at FSU -it was never a real option. He didn't want to go to Oklahoma because it was too far. And Tennessee was just a hat on the table (and he told them that, too).

The dad took control of the recruitment at the end. I was told the following: "what pops wants, pops gets". Any negotiation that went on with OU and UGA involved the father. CMR leaving and the rest of the staff getting fired was after the fact.

I didn't care that he didn't have a Miami hat on the table. I actually thought he did us a favor .

I feel where he coming from but sometimes in life you got to go with your gut and everything else is gonna find a way to figure itself out. He'll be in the portal in 2 years.

Last edited:
****, his mom really wanted him to be a Cane, like I said months before, If CMR just put his pride aside and adjusted our offense after the Virginia game, we would be 10-2 and Jadon would absolutely be a Cane, I just imagine if we and UGA switched places, UGA fans swore all that winning they were doing was going to win over this kid, recruiting is about developing relationships, called that entire staff fake “car salesmen” seems like he really bonded with our staff and was devastated when CMR stepped down. On the other hand, I wish Tyrique Stevenson mom had the same kind of love for UM... sigh but now he’s old news, he’s at OU, wish him best of luck.

Advertisement
Great insight into the thinking and how the family can be involved. Winning does matter. I am confident Manny will get us there.

Welp we upgraded on offense. I'll take a new offensive staff over the slim chance of getting 1 kid by keeping mark and jorn

Kick rocks

Advertisement
Back