Haselwood Reveals Why He Turned Down The U

JH "**** how you lose to duke... a basketball school and they go to a bowl game and get oblistered (sic?), that aint nothing i want to play with and some of the players be happy with losing, have no chip on they shoulder cuz they lost, some of em"

On UGA his mom quoting him "they fake, cant believe them, they car salesman"

On final straw on no hat on table at all-star game: MR stepping down and then whole offensive staff getting fired, didn't know who he was committed to.
He’s an English Lit major at OU, right? The portal is forever closed to you, welded shut, locked and chained, guard dogs. Good luck numbnuts. Some things are better left unsaid.not missing🙌🏿

Advertisement
Sold on Miami, Richt was getting fired, just didn't see it as stable. Makes sense but Richt got fired because he didn't commit. Once he didn't commit, we turned on Richt which we were going to do but we wanted Hazelwood and when it didn't happen, Richt had to go. At least Jon.

Advertisement
“The colors worked perfectly with my school colors.” So orange and green with white works perfectly with navy blue and baby blue? Plus you claim to love Adidas so much. They so happened to be the apparel for Cedar Grove. You’re going to a Nike/Jordan Brand school.

He was pretty forthright outside of that part in my opinion. Although you can’t get on Miami for losing to Duke and not get on Florida State who lost to Miami and everyone else.

On to the next.

“The colors worked perfectly with my school colors.” So orange and green with white works perfectly with navy blue and baby blue? Plus you claim to love Adidas so much. They so happened to be the apparel for Cedar Grove. You’re going to a Nike/Jordan Brand school.

He was pretty forthright outside of that part in my opinion. Although you can’t get on Miami for losing to Duke and not get on Florida State who lost to Miami and everyone else.

On to the next.
I dont think he was really considering FSU, him and his mom were really on Miami and UGA

Advertisement
Man UM interest was legit...We were really close.

UM talk starts a little after 4 mins

Yeah, but that's what happens when you get oblistered by Duke, man.

The lesson to learn is this: Guys like this want to come and play for Miami. Anyone who things the brand is dead is dead wrong. Not one iota. All we need to do is roll out there with a competent coaching staff across the board, achieve top 30 level on both offense and defense, win ten games and win our division. The ball will roll from there.

Basically, don't lose to fugging basketball schools with half the talent we have.

How do you lose to a basketball school.....

That about sums it up right there why recruits both locally and nationally don't buy into the program... you cant keep losing to lower tier schools and expect big time recruits to be like "oh fook yeah I need to go to Miami to lose to BC, UVA, and Duke teams of the world!!"

Win... win consistently with nice bowl wins and keep stacking chips and be surprised how quick we are back in the playoffs fighting for nattys

Until you consistently win 10 games prepared to be the *** end of these crooting stories

And much as I wanted this kid I feel like he was absolutely right about what he said as to why he decided not to come here. I truly believe that had we been a more stable program this year he would’ve been a Cane. It is what it is but this is a great video to see what goes on in the mind of a top recruit when deciding where they wanna go.

I was thinking the same thing. There were some good insights into how some elite recruits consider things, how certain programs look from a recruit's perspective (UGA some fakers, some Miami players fine with losing, OU's consistency), what a mom worries about during recruiting, how parents deal with relationships, not burning bridges, and a few other things.

And the kid seems like he has a good head on his shoulders. Sounds like he actually thought things through. I feel like a smart goes into recruiting with a heart of skepticism and it sounds like he didn't fall for the jibber jabber from the car salesmen. And the mom seemed, for the most part, to let him make the decision even though she seemed to have a real good bond with Dugans (****). I wish things would've worked out where he could've come here, but it is what it is.

That auntie was trippin tho. I'm from South Florida and went to college in Atlanta. As his mom said, the same thots you can find down here, you can find in ATL. She's just an OU alum making an excuse for wanting her nephew to go to OU.

All-in-all, Miami's gotta get its **** together. Kids DO want to come here. But not when you're lookin stressed and unblessed. And especially when they see kids who are fine with losing.

This isn't basketball where a Vernon Carey or 2 can turn a program around. I can see an elite football recruit saying, "No matter how good I KNOW I'm gonna be, I'm 1 of 22 and if them dudes down there ALREADY don't have the right mindset, I'm walkin into the same mess that's already happening there."

Hopefully the new staff sees this, or better yet, already knows this, and makes the necessary changes so the next elite kid who really is "feelin Miami" like Haselwood (and his mom, and lowkey buddy who was doing the interview too) has no misgivings about coming to Coral Gables.

Interesting interview. Thanks for posting OP.

Sooo..what I took was the losing had him worried with Miami. BUT his relationship with MR and Dugans had he and mom sold. But when MR stepped down and the offensive staff got fired that was it. Which is understandable. We was in it big. It wasn’t phony interest ...this a smart kid at least on how he handle his situation. But only thing I’ll say where he ****ed up at is this. Don’t commit to the coach or coaches but the school as a whole. Which is hard to differentiate the two so I get it. These kids believe these coaches intend to stick around 3-4 years. Which we know is BS..the sad part about this is the fact that this is really how these recruit battles go down. Dead *** to the wire and sometimes just a little thing can have a kid back out last minute. That’s y I don’t blame coaches for missing guys that they put full effort in. U can’t control what this kids do, who they listen too and what decisions a 17 year old brain decides to do

Advertisement
The whole coaches retired/being fired as the last straw is great besides the fact that he signed elsewhere over a week earlier

I'm sorry dudes but this guy should be relegated to the likes of CJ, Jobe, Byrd and the rest.
You guys are being jaded by the fact that hes a generational talent and feel bad that we didn't land him. But he kept pumping the U even after the losses and obvious offensive catastrophe.
If he would've dipped after the first 2 losses I understand. But he kept on with the U edits and tweets and rocking our gear until the bag dropped which is what he was doing the whole time and most on here fell for it. Dude gets no love or understanding from me at least.

To sum it up: he was Miami’s to lose and we did just that by getting blown out in the bowl game and being garbage during the season. Then the Head coach retiring was the last straw. Also we need the players who are ok with losing to leave ASAP. Where did he lie?
Y’all so traumatized by last year with DSJ that y’all can’t fathom the thought of top guys being interested in us.
If you’re gonna say he and his fam were lying about what they said in regards to Miami then do you feel he was lying about UGA and OU?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back