Haselwood Reveals Why He Turned Down The U

Advertisement
And much as I wanted this kid I feel like he was absolutely right about what he said as to why he decided not to come here. I truly believe that had we been a more stable program this year he would’ve been a Cane. It is what it is but this is a great video to see what goes on in the mind of a top recruit when deciding where they wanna go.

Advertisement
Kid pretty straightforward, and you can tell both that his interest was legit AND the disappointment in his voice with the way UM performed. He was willing to stick through bad performance, it got to a point where it was just too much

Last edited:
4:20 he starts talking about Miami

- Says we were not stable so didn't want to come in
- Also fact that Mark Richt retired because he was told he had to fire his son and he didn't want to do it (Jadon said that)
- He fell in love with Miami and so did his mom
- Said that the reason he wore so much Miami gear like gloves was because it was Adidas and blended with uniform
- Aunt hated Miami and told everyone that she didn't want him in Miami because of "distractions"
- Says he didn't silent commit he says "wasn't all the way locked in, but I was feeling them"
- Couldn't believe how we lost to a basketball school like Duke and then in the bowl
- Said some of our players are ok with losing
- loved dugans and richt and were hurt when offense staff got fired

So he loved the guys that were responsible for putting a team together that was unphased by losing but didn't want to play for a tea that had players who were unphased by losing. Got it.

Also, the "Miami distractions" **** is always my favorite. Good thing Joe Mixon didn't have to deal with distractions at Oklahoma.

Advertisement
If a kid from South Fla said the same things yall would be in here crushing him.

Instead yall about to be making excuses & rationalizing it.

Funny how all the losses, Richt retiring & the whole staff getting fired didn't affect Jeremiah Payton.
I'm sorry but if I had a kid who wanted to go to a team he liked and was use to winning when the team is losing to DUKE, VA. and on top of it the head coach got fired. He is suppose to still come here because as fans that what WE want. How about whats in the kids best interest especially as a parent?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Guys still believing this shlt.....kid was never coming here. Why would #1 WR be interested in playing for the crappy offense we had.

Advertisement
Back