Has anyone considered...

Advertisement
More of the same talking points from the Hecht. "We could easily be..."

Don't deny! Be proud, you've earned it.
I'm just not the bandwagon type looking for likes. I'm not going to post every time I get a chance to fire Manny or Blake. It brings zero to the board. There is all ready those type of comments why add to it

Guy I know he is the QB coach...the "if" comment was regarding sample size. Its only been three games. I did say he seems like he is on a good trajectory and if he continues on it Lashlee should absolute get credit for developing TVD....don't understand how you didn't get that.
I have no clue if Manny will get fired or not....I suspect you don't either.
The athletic department is so badly managed that it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they kept him and gave him an extension.
Doesn't change my opinion that he SHOULD be fired today.
Lashlee is in the same learning curve as Manny. Two younger coaches who are playing catch up. The mistakes they're making the establiahed coaches have made along time ago. I'm not giving up on the season we want more but watching TVD develop each week makes me hopeful we can win out barring any major injury. Have to win out

By that logic, NC St dropped a couple easy big plays so that turns into a Loss
With that logic you could say the same thing about the two dropped interceptions in the end zone against Virginia. Or we could have went for the tie against North Carolina and forced O.T

Advertisement
the possibility that as Diaz learns from mistakes he could become a good head coach? He has done some really good things based on fixing what was broke. Punting sucked until Hedley, FG killed him his first year and he got Andre Borregales. Highly regarded Enos came on board and ended up being a disaster so after one year he fired him and brought in Lashlee. (I think TVD may prove Lashlee to be a decent OC per games since TVD started.) It took too long, but now he finds that his young players that outperform his experienced players deserve to play more. He is developing yet will probably get fired, yet he might be developing into something special. Do we throw out the baby with the wash water or pressure the U to replace James and have Diaz one more trial year? He hasn't been all bad and he is on a learning curve. Thoughts? And don't just say he sucks or ignore his good qualities like his current recruits are the ones improving our play.
Oh! I hope he finds a decent DC and concentrates on being HC!
Minnie Diaz is not a REAL CFB HC, respected by REAL CFB people. It's why the entirety of the alumni players view him as either a joke or a sad sad mistake that has made the program look like a **** clown show.

Minnie The Dancing Clown Diaz is many things

a used car salesmen (of the sleaziest variety),
a politician (the one that lies and makes excuses),
a groupie (who idolizes is own players)
a cheerleader (who fanboy his own players)

What he isn't is
A leader of MEN
A father figure to the young MEN,
A respected member of the adult Canes community
A stern task master who takes no BS from player or coach alike

He's exactly as he appears to be, weak, soft, sensitive, and open to being bullied by anyone potentially. And that's why our team plays like **** every time they see a team with talent equal to or better than our own. The gutless clown needs to run down the yellow brick road and beg for some **** courage. .

I want that loser gone away from our program with a Trespassing order filed against him. He is by far the worst thing to ever happen to UM football and it will be a glorious day when that MF and his ridiculous Turnover Chain HS is gone!!!!

the possibility that as Diaz learns from mistakes he could become a good head coach? He has done some really good things based on fixing what was broke. Punting sucked until Hedley, FG killed him his first year and he got Andre Borregales. Highly regarded Enos came on board and ended up being a disaster so after one year he fired him and brought in Lashlee. (I think TVD may prove Lashlee to be a decent OC per games since TVD started.) It took too long, but now he finds that his young players that outperform his experienced players deserve to play more. He is developing yet will probably get fired, yet he might be developing into something special. Do we throw out the baby with the wash water or pressure the U to replace James and have Diaz one more trial year? He hasn't been all bad and he is on a learning curve. Thoughts? And don't just say he sucks or ignore his good qualities like his current recruits are the ones improving our play.
1635306825332.gif

I have a question for you. You have alot of common sense and alot if good insight so I just want to know in your opinion with this roster that you say was ready to win now how much of the win now was on the shoulders of TVD when you say this or was the win now on the shoulders of our QB who was returning from an ACL injury who wasn't going to ever be at 100 percent this year coming off that sort of injury? I know you nor me could have envisioned we would lose our starting QB for the season
I wasn’t actually talking about this year, I was referring to when Richt first stepped down after the 2018 season, if we would’ve hired a better option in 2019, we wouldn’t be in this predicament now...

But to answer your question, the QB was inconsequential to this season because regardless of who the QB was we returned most of the roster as is on both sides of the ball, the caveat to this season in particular was going to be the Defense. Where this season was failed was in Diaz’s decision to bet the house on himself & not a hire a true DC to run the defense & his blind stubbornness on constantly relying on veteran players on defense who had already proved they were extremely limited in their ability & couldn’t be consistent playmakers.

James Williams, Kamren Kinchens, Chase Smith, TAC, Leonard Taylor, Stevenson, Couch, Clarke etc all should’ve been starting from the get go. Bolden played horrendous last year & Gurvan Hall hadn’t improved one bit, DJ Ivey should’ve never seen another snap & dudes like Jennings, McCloud & the rest of the older bunch have already shown they’re just not cut out to be big time impact playmakers in big games, they’ve all made enough mistakes to where it could be calculated that we’ve seen enough from them rather than continue to play them & watch’em make more mistake in critical moments vs the likes of Mich St, UVA, UNC etc..

As far as King’s recovery, it wouldn’t have made much difference if TVD started from game 1 or not, the main issue with the offense has always been the OL, King’s health only compounded the issue for him individually but it wasn’t far fetched to think he could overcome a porous OL given the fact that’s exactly what he did last year.

But either way, TVD starting vs Bama wouldn’t have won us that game, neither would it have vs Mich St & lets not forget he did start vs UVA & was awful in the first half. Our losses this season have been primarily on the Defense & the Defensive coordinator, who just so happens to be the HC.

Here is where I sit with Diaz at the moment:

The only scenario where he begins a sliver of winning back anyone with two brain cells to rub together, is literally him winning out. He'd still have SoOOOOO much to answer for, but that would begin a reasonable convo about it.

Now if he were to luck out and he wins out AND PITT drops another ACC game and we go to the ACCCHGM and win and go to a major bowl (pretty sure in this scenario it would be the OB) and win that and pull out a 10-4 season with a Coastal, an ACC 'ship and a win in a major bowl, then I would actually throw my support behind him again, but cautiously and with the shortest of leashes.

With the entire team playing better and most importantly, a talented gamer at QB, there is an alternate universe where he pulls it off, just not this one.

It still does not excuse him for having an 8 month offseason and emerge from it with the worst tackling team in America as well as continuing to start less talented and explosive players. Then, to add insult to injury, he doesn't seemingly do anything about our tackling after the 8 months of offseason, until we are 2-4 and he is facing almost certain death to a HCing career in college or the pros.

Forget the undisciplined nature of our team with the incessant penalties. Forget constantly starting less talented older players because he has a relationship with them and undoubtedly made certain assurances privately. Forget allowing your OC to CONSTANTLY run the ball up the gut when it's obvious that it is an ineffectual play call. There's more, but forget all of those things, which are traditionally tell tale signs of teams that have poor coaching. Forget all of that....

If he had simply made our team "meh" tacklers, at the worst, we would currently be 5-2 and controlling our ACC destiny. You hear it all the time, but Manny literally had one job to do to ensure that he wouldn't get fired and it is literally the most basic, foundational skillset a D player should learn - get the guy on the ground.

We were a little better against NCST, in no small way because he was actually playing freshmen who had learned tackling from the their H.S. Coaches.

That's it. That is why it is almost IMPOSSIBLE for him to pull this off. Because, the most glaring question would be asked on repeat: If you were able to make those changes, so at least our guys were average tacklers, and knowing that your career world was going to absolutely crumble around you if you didn't, then why oh why oh why did you not do that for the 8 months of offseason?????

Replace tackling with Donofrio and you have the same mental illness Golden suffered from.

All of that said, he'll probably lose this Saturday and then it gets exciting around here. But, I will still be rooting for those kids to win.

Advertisement
TVD is a red shirt freshman with zero experience. I would never say a guy who has never played significant time would lead this team to 10-2. That's a bit much but I would say if King moved on after the ACL injury and TVD was the starter since game 1 against Alabama in my opinion we would be 5-2 right now. TVD is getting better with experience and that should be obvious to everyone. Ok you take any of those coaches and with a hurt King were not 10-2 just my opinion
Like I said, a coach like the ones I named with a healthy King or TVD and we’re 10-2 plus ACC Champ. Talent with coaching competence would will it this year. We need a better coach and staff.

I wasn’t actually talking about this year, I was referring to when Richt first stepped down after the 2018 season, if we would’ve hired a better option in 2019, we wouldn’t be in this predicament now...

But to answer your question, the QB was inconsequential to this season because regardless of who the QB was we returned most of the roster as is on both sides of the ball, the caveat to this season in particular was going to be the Defense. Where this season was failed was in Diaz’s decision to bet the house on himself & not a hire a true DC to run the defense & his blind stubbornness on constantly relying on veteran players on defense who had already proved they were extremely limited in their ability & couldn’t be consistent playmakers.

James Williams, Kamren Kinchens, Chase Smith, TAC, Leonard Taylor, Stevenson, Couch, Clarke etc all should’ve been starting from the get go. Bolden played horrendous last year & Gurvan Hall hadn’t improved one bit, DJ Ivey should’ve never seen another snap & dudes like Jennings, McCloud & the rest of the older bunch have already shown they’re just not cut out to be big time impact playmakers in big games, they’ve all made enough mistakes to where it could be calculated that we’ve seen enough from them rather than continue to play them & watch’em make more mistake in critical moments vs the likes of Mich St, UVA, UNC etc..

As far as King’s recovery, it wouldn’t have made much difference if TVD started from game 1 or not, the main issue with the offense has always been the OL, King’s health only compounded the issue for him individually but it wasn’t far fetched to think he could overcome a porous OL given the fact that’s exactly what he did last year.

But either way, TVD starting vs Bama wouldn’t have won us that game, neither would it have vs Mich St & lets not forget he did start vs UVA & was awful in the first half. Our losses this season have been primarily on the Defense & the Defensive coordinator, who just so happens to be the HC.

I get what your saying about the defense but how good is any defense in college football outside of the 3 top teams really??? Im seeing upper 30's and 40 point game s weekly to win. I would like to see the safety blitzes stop and just rush the front four with everyone else in coverage. Diaz does make offseason changes based on what went wrong and he hopefully this offseason is no different. From the 3 games TVD has started we did start the first two slow which were his first starts but game 3 was alot better. The season is not lost the players are still fighting each game. With the way TVD, Rambo, Knighton played last game I think Arroyo is set to have a break out game. The oline is playing better in pass protection and in football if you have a QB you"re in every game as long as your not turning the ball over. Win out the rest of the season is not lost. I want to see us win just as bad as anyone else but as a fanbase we have to be realistic. Everything was based on an QB coming back from an ACL injury and this being some great season when we were setting ourselves up for failure by doing that. Like your insight glad your back.

Advertisement
I get what your saying about the defense but how good is any defense in college football outside of the 3 top teams really??? Im seeing upper 30's and 40 point game s weekly to win. I would like to see the safety blitzes stop and just rush the front four with everyone else in coverage. Diaz does make offseason changes based on what went wrong and he hopefully this offseason is no different. From the 3 games TVD has started we did start the first two slow which were his first starts but game 3 was alot better. The season is not lost the players are still fighting each game. With the way TVD, Rambo, Knighton played last game I think Arroyo is set to have a break out game. The oline is playing better in pass protection and in football if you have a QB you"re in every game as long as your not turning the ball over. Win out the rest of the season is not lost. I want to see us win just as bad as anyone else but as a fanbase we have to be realistic. Everything was based on an QB coming back from an ACL injury and this being some great season when we were setting ourselves up for failure by doing that. Like your insight glad your back.
What changes??? He still marched the same failed players out as long as he could.

Advertisement
If he stays..if he wins out..they must hire highsmith..I don’t what position.. I would like AD but as long as they hire him and have him dealing with the program…I’ll B good with that…if he doesn’t win out hire Stoops and highsmith

I had some similar thoughts but my hints at them got bashed petty well in a couple threads (more power to you for your brave OP.)

It does seem that the team (especially the talented young guys) want to win hard enough and will try hard enough, (that) if the coaches don't stand in their way, we could very well muddle through a winning-out season (and I'll definitely take it.)

The real problem may be (and I think the person who told me this in PM won't mind) is that Manny is not really "trusted" by many, and that will lead to those draft eligible to probably take that route a year too early, significantly depleting the ranks. Seems feasible, so adds a worrisome aspect.

Advertisement
Back