Has anyone considered...

Advertisement
the possibility that as Diaz learns from mistakes he could become a good head coach? He has done some really good things based on fixing what was broke. Punting sucked until Hedley, FG killed him his first year and he got Andre Borregales. Highly regarded Enos came on board and ended up being a disaster so after one year he fired him and brought in Lashlee. (I think TVD may prove Lashlee to be a decent OC per games since TVD started.) It took too long, but now he finds that his young players that outperform his experienced players deserve to play more. He is developing yet will probably get fired, yet he might be developing into something special. Do we throw out the baby with the wash water or pressure the U to replace James and have Diaz one more trial year? He hasn't been all bad and he is on a learning curve. Thoughts? And don't just say he sucks or ignore his good qualities like his current recruits are the ones improving our play.
Oh! I hope he finds a decent DC and concentrates on being HC!
I know that you asked us to not just say that he sucks, but…

HE SUUUUUUUUUCKS!!!!!!!

Not reading thru this whole thread. But if he wins out AND we win the ACC and the Bowl, he can stay imo. Any loss anywhere is termination imo

Advertisement
Advertisement
The mere suggestion of retaining James is a 1-week bannable offense on CIS.

I kid. I kid.

Do I though?
He says he’s not saying that - though it sure looks that way to me - but I can see that the same crowd that defended this staph and coRch relentlessly has started to circle back to their roots. Where do we draw the distinction between mindless Slurper and gullible dupe???

30 days at CIS Correctional Institute...with @RVACane clanging the jail cell bars with his baton while your trying to sleep...
I’ve automated that now. I have a special device that does it for me…

1635340781600.gif

I have two words....Leonard Hamilton. Absolutely sucked at the U. For some strange reason got to coach an NBA team...there he learned that his assistants were necessary to teach the game, failed there and now has fsu competitive every year. The training wheels are off for Diaz and as I said, he has some plusses, so do we kick him to the curb and then have him haunt us later? One more year with TVD and another recruiting class will demonstarte if he has learned the hard lessons of being a HC yet. After the 20 years of failure , what is one more? Also James is the problem, want him to pick our next coach?

Advertisement
I have two words....Leonard Hamilton. Absolutely sucked at the U. For some strange reason got to coach an NBA team...there he learned that his assistants were necessary to teach the game, failed there and now has fsu competitive every year. The training wheels are off for Diaz and as I said, he has some plusses, so do we kick him to the curb and then have him haunt us later? One more year with TVD and another recruiting class will demonstarte if he has learned the hard lessons of being a HC yet. After the 20 years of failure , what is one more? Also James is the problem, want him to pick our next coach?
They’re both the problem.

Lol at Manny haunting us. We should just keep him around in case his inner Saban wakes up. And what recruiting class? We have very few recruits on board and it’s almost November.

Age old question…
Fraggle: PoRster or Troll?

👀

They don’t like to play that game

You can't play that game. It's college football. Kids make mistakes. These are not pros. What if Mallory doesn't drop a wide open TD against Michigan State? What if King doesn't fumble the opening possession away? What if we catch just one of about 5 INTs in the ACC losses? What if the field goal is literally 6 inches to the right against UVA and doinks in instead of out? Our kids have made mistakes too, as we know all too well. A ton of them. You can't play the "what if" game in football, especially at this level. It's a much sloppier game than the professional level.

TVD is a red shirt freshman with zero experience. I would never say a guy who has never played significant time would lead this team to 10-2. That's a bit much but I would say if King moved on after the ACL injury and TVD was the starter since game 1 against Alabama in my opinion we would be 5-2 right now. TVD is getting better with experience and that should be obvious to everyone. Ok you take any of those coaches and with a hurt King were not 10-2 just my opinion
I regret that King came as he was a temporary fix and really if the rules don't change would not have been here this year. I wanted TVD or Matocha last year and after spring wanted Garcia. The way TVD is playing imagine if he had last year under his belt. Considering his improvement in 3 games imagine and entire season.

Advertisement
the possibility that as Diaz learns from mistakes he could become a good head coach? He has done some really good things based on fixing what was broke. Punting sucked until Hedley, FG killed him his first year and he got Andre Borregales. Highly regarded Enos came on board and ended up being a disaster so after one year he fired him and brought in Lashlee. (I think TVD may prove Lashlee to be a decent OC per games since TVD started.) It took too long, but now he finds that his young players that outperform his experienced players deserve to play more. He is developing yet will probably get fired, yet he might be developing into something special. Do we throw out the baby with the wash water or pressure the U to replace James and have Diaz one more trial year? He hasn't been all bad and he is on a learning curve. Thoughts? And don't just say he sucks or ignore his good qualities like his current recruits are the ones improving our play.
Oh! I hope he finds a decent DC and concentrates on being HC!
He does fix mistakes but only in the off season. He needed to bench seniors and it took him too long. It will cost him.

You can't play that game. It's college football. Kids make mistakes. These are not pros. What if Mallory doesn't drop a wide open TD against Michigan State? What if King doesn't fumble the opening possession away? What if we catch just one of about 5 INTs in the ACC losses? What if the field goal is literally 6 inches to the right against UVA and doinks in instead of out? Our kids have made mistakes too, as we know all too well. A ton of them. You can't play the "what if" game in football, especially at this level. It's a much sloppier game than the professional level.
Badly coached teams continue to make stupid mistakes or not make plays. That’s why this whole what if game is stupid , we’re sitting 3-4 because we’re a bad team thats badly coached. There’s no need to talk about what NCSU did or didn’t do. We suck and have a coach that’s 17-14. That’s all I care about , facts. Nothing else matters.

30 days at CIS Correctional Institute...with @RVACane clanging the jail cell bars with his baton while your trying to sleep...
This place has gotten soft. We used to put people in a cannon, launch them to Bolivia, and they would land in the jungle. You have to find your way back and fight the native chainsaw welding midgets.

The original question isn't even worth a discussion unless Diaz (among other things) wins out and wins a bowl game. But even if that were to happen, which it won't.....
Who Knows Idk GIF

I'm gonna say no. Too little too late.
Time for us to move on and hire a decent coach for the first time in 20 years.

Advertisement
Back