Has anyone considered...

1635352620164.gif

Advertisement
After all the back and forth it’s just a numbers game.

8-5 100% he returns
7-6 50/50
6-7 He’s gone
Ever the optimist.

I don't picture a scenario outside of blowout wins the rest of the way that changes the course Blake and Manny are on.

Advertisement
Ever the optimist.

I don't picture a scenario outside of blowout wins the rest of the way that changes the course Blake and Manny are on.

Not an optimist just a realist. This echo chamber screaming off with his head isn’t the real world. They aren’t going to eat millions then payout millions more after an 8 win season that started 2-4.

Not an optimist just a realist. This echo chamber screaming off with his head isn’t the real world. They aren’t going to eat millions then payout millions more after an 8 win season that started 2-4.
Ordinarily, I'd agree, but there hasn't been this groundswell of discontent aimed higher up the food chain before.

Without reading 8 pages of Fraggle bashing, I have to say this. There IS a chance. Anything is possible. Personally, I don't think he ever really turns the corner and becomes a great coach, but there is so much room for improvement there is literally nowhere to go but up.

If we go 8-4 after the start we had, it's a good sign. If we actually look good the rest of the way, beating teams soundly that we should be soundly, I'll be very encouraged.

Remember, there were a lot of us wondering if we'd win one more game after Michigan State. Those screams got even louder after the two close losses to UVA and UNC. If we win out we can then say that those two losses could have easily been wins. I don't like playing that game, but it's true. Now if we lose 2,3,4 more, no one will be saying, "We could be 6-6,7-5, 8-4, had we gotten some breaks." It's over for Diaz if we lose 2 more, barring something miraculous.

Advertisement
the possibility that as Diaz learns from mistakes he could become a good head coach? He has done some really good things based on fixing what was broke. Punting sucked until Hedley, FG killed him his first year and he got Andre Borregales. Highly regarded Enos came on board and ended up being a disaster so after one year he fired him and brought in Lashlee. (I think TVD may prove Lashlee to be a decent OC per games since TVD started.) It took too long, but now he finds that his young players that outperform his experienced players deserve to play more. He is developing yet will probably get fired, yet he might be developing into something special. Do we throw out the baby with the wash water or pressure the U to replace James and have Diaz one more trial year? He hasn't been all bad and he is on a learning curve. Thoughts? And don't just say he sucks or ignore his good qualities like his current recruits are the ones improving our play.
Oh! I hope he finds a decent DC and concentrates on being HC!
Well you've ignored the plethora of bad qualities to pick and choose the 3-4 things he has done "well", even though they've done nothing. The OC is just as bad as the last one. The DC is just as bad as the last one, and we know who that is. He routinely loses to teams with about 1/3 the number of 4 stars. This is his 3rd year coaching and like 6-7 year here, he has the first or second most experienced class and he's already lost 4 games. Should we keep going? Every year there are coaches that year 1 or 2 make stark improvements and this dude is doing worse in his 3rd year. We will end the year with 6 losses probably and this is the conversation we want to have? Is he turning into "sometihing special".......what games are you watching?

Slurper: We're 5 points away from 5-2.
Mope: We're 3 points away from 1-6.

Realist: If we're having this debate, we're not close to where we were before we joined the ACC.
Exactly what I was going to say. Year 3 as the head coach, 6 as the defensive side of the ball. We shouldn't even be having this type of discussion with opponents like Virginia and UNC on our schedule.
If we are referencing 'ifs' and 'buts' during these games, then we aren't anywhere near where we should be.

Advertisement
Ive been waiting weeks for some post with substance. Anyone can create a fire Manny or Blake post to get likes. The truth is we loss two close games with a ab who was making his 1st and 2nd start. Third game we won and he's looking better and better each game. Knighting is playing great as well but Fire Manny and Blake post get likes so thata's more fun to some of you. Ok we get it you made your statement now lets talk football
We beat NCST every game this season has been embarrassing. Wanting anything other than a competent coaching staff is not football talk go away.

Advertisement
Personal attacks
I waited waited waited then decided finally to jump in and take my punishment.
I got halfway through the OP and thought who is this dumbass. then I looked at who wrote it and was like; ****, no surprise. Then I had to chastise myself for not looking to see who started it before I opened it. Doom on me.

I’ll be the first to give Manny proper credit. He’s tried to make all indicated changes beside resigning.

Exactly what I was going to say. Year 3 as the head coach, 6 as the defensive side of the ball. We shouldn't even be having this type of discussion with opponents like Virginia and UNC on our schedule.
If we are referencing 'ifs' and 'buts' during these games, then we aren't anywhere near where we should be.
Agree.
UNC, UVA, and NC St are average football teams. Throw in Appy State too.
I expected a lot more than another year of dogfights vs average football teams.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back