Has anyone considered...

Badly coached teams continue to make stupid mistakes or not make plays. That’s why this whole what if game is stupid , we’re sitting 3-4 because we’re a bad team thats badly coached. There’s no need to talk about what NCSU did or didn’t do. We suck and have a coach that’s 17-14. That’s all I care about , facts. Nothing else matters.

Of course, I just hate the people that say "WeLL, iF Nc STAte CuLd CAtcH....". They didn't. They sucked Saturday night. We sucked the week before. You are who you are, and yes, we're a poorly coached, mediocre football team. But we deserved to win Saturday night. We played better than they did. EVERYONE deserves the credit for that, players AND staff. Just like EVERYONE deserves criticism for how we played the majority of the first half of the season, players AND staff.

Advertisement
It is his "i want to please everybody " attitude.... that bugs me. His eyes are on people instead of the program and its success.

Anyone could have predicted the disaster that was looming with his "seniority without accountability" approach to playing time.

I agree that he wanted to give the older kids a chance to make a splash for draftability.... but playing kids who make mistakes over and over again, discourages others who play well.

Another aspect is that his assistant coaches are barely Div 1 level...

Thirdly, the foolishness of a first time HC to handling added DC responsibilities... he is clueless that way.
Hire the best coordinators and stay the **** out of their way...
He should have stayed at Temple and learned the ropes. By now he would have been wiser and a hot coaching commodity

Of course, I just hate the people that say "WeLL, iF Nc STAte CuLd CAtcH....". They didn't. They sucked Saturday night. We sucked the week before. You are who you are, and yes, we're a poorly coached, mediocre football team. But we deserved to win Saturday night. We played better than they did. EVERYONE deserves the credit for that, players AND staff. Just like EVERYONE deserves criticism for how we played the majority of the first half of the season, players AND staff.
I’ve never said that and agree with you. NC State did what we normally do and **** the bed. You can’t laugh or mock manny when we do it and then say “ NCSU gave us the game”. You can’t have it both ways. Our record is exactly what we are. Not 5-2, 4-3 or 2-5. Miami is 3-4 because that’s how we’ve played.

Last edited:
Badly coached teams continue to make stupid mistakes or not make plays. That’s why this whole what if game is stupid , we’re sitting 3-4 because we’re a bad team thats badly coached. There’s no need to talk about what NCSU did or didn’t do. We suck and have a coach that’s 17-14. That’s all I care about , facts. Nothing else matters.

Forgotten fact.... we are 1-7 versus the last 8 P5 opponents.

We are who our record says we are.

Advertisement
I don't think Diaz will ever walk away from his defense. If he did, that would be a huge step in his learning curve. Until then, we'll be mired in mediocrity unless the offense is humming and we just out shoot the competition.

This is precisely why he'll never be a good head coach; because he'd rather keep playing defensive coordinator and doing and old job he's comfortable with—instead of focusing on his new gig and learning how to be the CEO of a football program.

Diaz seems to like the title of "head coach" more than the job itself. He seems to prefer being a #2 guy and running the defense—masquerading as #1—and is doomed to fail.

We've flat out been beat twice by Alabama and Mich State. Central Connecticut is what it is. The other 4 games could have easily shaken out one way or another and the reality is we went .500. We are a 3-4 team.

-We beat App State but we could have lost just as easily. Making a 44 yard FG with the game on the line for a true freshman isn't easy.
-We lost to Virginia but we could have easily made a 33 yard FG - but a freshman with the game on the line in back to back weeks likely isn't going to make both of them.
-We lost to UNC but threw an interception well within FG range with time almost out. Even if we threw it incomplete and kicked the chip shot.. who says we definitely win in OT?
-We beat NCST but could have/should have lost that game with all of their drops, a fluke penalty on a muffed punt that would have put them inside the 10. They're at least getting 3 right there.

You put yourself in these situations week after week, you're gonna get a mixed bag of results. .500 is a lucky record for those 4 games. Could have been 4-0 in them and could have been 0-4. Arguing we should be 5-2 means everything in those games goes right for us in the last 5 minutes of the game and that's not reality. Especially when you're poorly coached.

the possibility that as Diaz learns from mistakes he could become a good head coach? He has done some really good things based on fixing what was broke. Punting sucked until Hedley, FG killed him his first year and he got Andre Borregales. Highly regarded Enos came on board and ended up being a disaster so after one year he fired him and brought in Lashlee. (I think TVD may prove Lashlee to be a decent OC per games since TVD started.) It took too long, but now he finds that his young players that outperform his experienced players deserve to play more. He is developing yet will probably get fired, yet he might be developing into something special. Do we throw out the baby with the wash water or pressure the U to replace James and have Diaz one more trial year? He hasn't been all bad and he is on a learning curve. Thoughts? And don't just say he sucks or ignore his good qualities like his current recruits are the ones improving our play.
Oh! I hope he finds a decent DC and concentrates on being HC!
I think this is a solid basis. I have been at the games, and definitely some bone head in game coaching decisions, so I don't thin he's the guy in that regard, however he has built the program, done a good job recruiting on the whole, players believe and buy into him, play hard for him. Its shaping up for the next two years to be potentially big. Depending on how he finishes the year, I think he deserves next year, even on a short leash.

Advertisement
That's what kills me. If a game is within like 10 points, you can find 2 or 3 plays where if you change the result of that play, the outcome of the game is completely different. We benefitted from the positives in App State and NC State and lost in VA and UNC. It evens out over a season and at the end of the day, if your team is that much better than the other team, wins shouldn't come as a result of the outcome of one or two plays or one or two ref calls.

Advertisement
Manny wins 3/5 He stays. Must beat FSU, Duke and someone else.
FSU b/c they are a rival
Duke because its the last game of the season.

Good night, fragglePa.

Good night, AndrewBoy.
christopher walken episode 3 GIF

Advertisement
Like Packard and Durham said you are what your record says you are at the midway point in the season until proven otherwise imo...

Still baffles me how there are people that justify keeping Manny. Haven't the last 3 years been enough proof of how he's just in over his head? Its nauseating how many times we've seen this team unprepared and constantly under perform. Not to mention some of the coaching decisions that Manny has made (i.e. last game, lets call a timeout while on defense and stop the clock with under a minute left in the half to let the other team be able to draw up their offensive plays..... just awful). Manny is who he is and that's not going to change. The quicker he's out (obviously Blake as well), the quicker we can possibly escape mediocrity.

I am more concerned with the AD because of Football, Baseball, and Basketball. He needs to go.

Don’t care about Manny really just win games. He wouldn’t play young guys until forced to. Instead, his attitude should be “force me to keep you in the lineup”. He took over the defense because I believe he is arrogant and thinks he has all the answers.

I see where OP is coming from though. Hey, win out starting with Pitt…with the younger guys and who knows. Other than tha I think we need a football guy.

Advertisement
Back