Has anyone considered...

fraggle

Senile Senior
the possibility that as Diaz learns from mistakes he could become a good head coach? He has done some really good things based on fixing what was broke. Punting sucked until Hedley, FG killed him his first year and he got Andre Borregales. Highly regarded Enos came on board and ended up being a disaster so after one year he fired him and brought in Lashlee. (I think TVD may prove Lashlee to be a decent OC per games since TVD started.) It took too long, but now he finds that his young players that outperform his experienced players deserve to play more. He is developing yet will probably get fired, yet he might be developing into something special. Do we throw out the baby with the wash water or pressure the U to replace James and have Diaz one more trial year? He hasn't been all bad and he is on a learning curve. Thoughts? And don't just say he sucks or ignore his good qualities like his current recruits are the ones improving our play.
Oh! I hope he finds a decent DC and concentrates on being HC!

Advertisement
Advertisement
jt frag out GIF by Black Rifle Coffee Company

He’s making changes based on the noise not his instincts. He’s behind on everything not in front of it. Temple was the place to go learn this ****. He’s just in a spot where the noise got so loud he had no choice bc make no mistake about it, these changes aren’t made on his own thinking.

Advertisement
Unless they plan on making a very big commitment to winning and that is by investing a much larger sum of money than we currently are, then there's no point in firing him.

I'm talking about head coaching salary on down to the support staff. A larger budget all around.

Will he learn, probably, but will it be enough as most coaches are pigheaded. The truly great ones adapt and constantly look for ways to improve.

I don't think Diaz will ever walk away from his defense. If he did, that would be a huge step in his learning curve. Until then, we'll be mired in mediocrity unless the offense is humming and we just out shoot the competition.

I want to win out so if that means Diaz is coach next year so be it. He has a willingness to change to get better. I’m not a fan of the revolving door of coaches and I’m not confident a superstar coach is walking through them doors after Diaz so… go get a DC.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He knows ( or should have ) after last year and the year before with some of the worst losses ever at UM under his belt, this year he had to show those major steps towards winning the ACC or coastal at minimum. Didn’t happen, he apparently is on a win or out basis until the year is up then he gone. Top it off with the lazy *** “ fans are ruining my 49th ranked recruiting class” shtick, he lost almost all confidence he can be the guy.

Maybe he can learn I have my doubts. Even if he becomes a better game day coach.
It’s the player development that bothers me. For the betterment of the program we need to cut our losses and move on.
That’s if the university is serious about winning.
Not sure that they are.

Advertisement
Back