Has anyone considered...

the possibility that as Diaz learns from mistakes he could become a good head coach? He has done some really good things based on fixing what was broke. Punting sucked until Hedley, FG killed him his first year and he got Andre Borregales. Highly regarded Enos came on board and ended up being a disaster so after one year he fired him and brought in Lashlee. (I think TVD may prove Lashlee to be a decent OC per games since TVD started.) It took too long, but now he finds that his young players that outperform his experienced players deserve to play more. He is developing yet will probably get fired, yet he might be developing into something special. Do we throw out the baby with the wash water or pressure the U to replace James and have Diaz one more trial year? He hasn't been all bad and he is on a learning curve. Thoughts? And don't just say he sucks or ignore his good qualities like his current recruits are the ones improving our play.
Oh! I hope he finds a decent DC and concentrates on being HC!
[/QU
I want to win out so if that means Diaz is coach next year so be it. He has a willingness to change to get better. I’m not a fan of the revolving door of coaches and I’m not confident a superstar coach is walking through them doors after Diaz so… go get a DC.
If he is retained thats what im thinking pay some big time dc to come in.maybe the only thing that can save him might be winning out which if you can get thru pitt may happen

Advertisement
Dude should've got plenty of experience in a Division II school or a non power 5 before he came here.

No football program worth its salt should compromise with a fixer upper/project coach.

We did that with Shannon, Golden, and Diaz.

Sometimes, you gotta spend money to make money.

moved to tears crying GIF

Advertisement
He’s making changes based on the noise not his instincts. He’s behind on everything not in front of it. Temple was the place to go learn this ****. He’s just in a spot where the noise got so loud he had no choice bc make no mistake about it, these changes aren’t made on his own thinking.
Precisely. These moves are made based on desperation and his pleading about his love for his job yesterday at the press conference reeks of panic and desperation. A desperate and lispy loser who should be selling pastelitos in Hialeah.

the possibility that as Diaz learns from mistakes he could become a good head coach? He has done some really good things based on fixing what was broke. Punting sucked until Hedley, FG killed him his first year and he got Andre Borregales. Highly regarded Enos came on board and ended up being a disaster so after one year he fired him and brought in Lashlee. (I think TVD may prove Lashlee to be a decent OC per games since TVD started.) It took too long, but now he finds that his young players that outperform his experienced players deserve to play more. He is developing yet will probably get fired, yet he might be developing into something special. Do we throw out the baby with the wash water or pressure the U to replace James and have Diaz one more trial year? He hasn't been all bad and he is on a learning curve. Thoughts? And don't just say he sucks or ignore his good qualities like his current recruits are the ones improving our play.

He's not going to get fired. The fact we lost our starting QB and TVD has came along and looks legit more than likely buys him another year. All this talk about being fired is a honestly a waste of time. We're not going to pay him and get another staff and pay them it's not happening.

If he galvanizes the troops and pulls out the win vs Pitt...you might be on to something. Diaz with his back against the wall is going against his own foolish coaching philosophy of play the "older, more experienced" guy and if, and it's a gigantic IF, if he fools around and goes on a hot streak continuing with Pitt on Sat....he might buy himself another year. Idc what anyone says, I want him out as bad as anyone does BUT if he brings home the ACC Championship, down year or not, IMO he's EARNED at least one more season.

Advertisement
What’s with the glue sniffing here? Was it a good coaching move to call TO before half so that you can change your personnel when NCSt is driving and out of time outs only to give them time, take the pressure off and hand them a TD on the next play? What about the week before when he didn’t go for 2 in an obvious situation? How about not going for the TD against Virginia when we had them on their heels? Is this learning on the job because it looks like 0-3 to me.

He may be a decent recruiter with all of the hype that he creates. He could be a decent coach if he really understood the game besides playing peewee football. But definitely not a good HEADCOACH and we are not the University to allow him to learn on the job like this. **** this thread down before it gets ugly.

@RVACane As I predicted. With his current legal issues, he had to put on a new face. It was tough to troll with all of the losses. Now reenergized with a win, and a biased troll judge on his side, he is slowly returning back to form. #KTDT

Advertisement
Advertisement
Maybe he does learn from his mistakes, but he should do it somewhere else on his own time & not at our risk.

That’s why you don’t hire a first time HC to run a program that had a roster that was ready to win now.

He should’ve went to Temple to learn from his mistakes & learn how to be a complete HC before he was given the reigns to run our program...

That’s why Flake Lames is a fckin idiot for not conducting a true HC search, because Richt left us a solid roster & foundation to build on plus left some good money to be left over for a good assistant budget, we could’ve hired a good legit young upcoming HC who would’ve took what we had & turned it around in a season to us being right back in the ACCCG.

If Manuel was worthy of being a HC here he should’ve been made to prove it first at Temple before being handed over the job, but instead he’s learning on the job at our expense & it’s costing us games, recruits & worsening our already really bad reputation around college football, which will make it harder for us to ever attract a good HC who isn’t a former Cane, which means we could end up stuck in this loop for another decade if the next former Cane/Miami local HC doesn’t work.

He’s making changes based on the noise not his instincts. He’s behind on everything not in front of it. Temple was the place to go learn this ****. He’s just in a spot where the noise got so loud he had no choice bc make no mistake about it, these changes aren’t made on his own thinking.

Based on noise?

You really think that some Joe Blow's in the media or on message boards know more of the faults than those grinding every day? Uh huh, okay, right. Most people making noise can't even tell what play is called or what each players assignments are.

We can all make guesses, see shortcomings, but don't get it twisted, they see and know them as well. There usually isn't an easy fix either, like there is in a video game.

None of which means the coaches aren't making wrong moves. Sometimes they're stubborn as ****. Just gotta find the right guy and then my plan comes together. Most coached can't get out of their own way.

Advertisement
Back