Gut feeling Feagels

Im with Feagles getting another shot.

Having Spicer kick a 40 yard punt with a 20 yard return is no better than a 20 yard shank. In fact in that scenario, Id rather take the shank out of bounds so there is no chance of a return TD. When Feagles hits it flush, he's got the hang time and distance. As been stated, its mental. The only thing from a mechanics standpoint that looks odd is how he drops the ball to a point. But Im no punting guru so what do I know.

Give me Feagles and I'll live with the booms/shanks if these are my choices. I'm a Richt supporter for the most part but if these 2 are still our best choices on next year's roster Im going to be ****ed.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’d line up in the gun on anything outside our own 35 like we’re going for it and just let Perry kick it. If he can kick a 20 yard line drive that will roll we’ll be way better off than Slicer or Fecals.

With a lack of a men's soccer team, probably not

Don't we still have a club rugby team? Sure, when I was at UM it was actually comprised of a bunch of guys in their mid 30's that probably had no actual connection to the school but it might make a good eSECpn feature story. Some 38 yr old restaurant bartender from the Grove via Auckland saves our special teams.

Have to say I have not seen this play out before. Hopefully this is the spark THE PUNTER needed to get his game going?

Advertisement
I’d line up in the gun on anything outside our own 35 like we’re going for it and just let Perry kick it. If he can kick a 20 yard line drive that will roll we’ll be way better off than Slicer or Fecals.
Can't we line up in punt formation and just let Perry chuck it down field? I bet he can throw farther and higher than Feagles can punt it.

FSU's longest two returns were punts with pretty decent hangtime. That's not on Spicer.

I'm curious to see if Feagles takes a redshirt. Need a ST coach

Need to take a page from the LSU book and hit the d2 ranks or something and get a punter. Simple as that. Kicker I still think Baxa can be a good
Kicker

Advertisement
The punt return for a TD was on knowles. That punt would’ve been covered except 20 side stepped and opened a lane for him like a matador fighting a bull. It’s more personnel than anything. Special teams is not rocket science and we’re making it to be some algorithm from another planet.
Horrible play by Knowles (shocker!), but that doesn't remove the fact it was also a horrible kick by spicer.

I was thinking the exact same thing. It’s Fecals time this weekend!
Compared to Spicey J Fecals is the shhhiiiit (not really tho)

Also, sometimes I think your avi and my avi are before and after pics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
FSU's longest two returns were punts with pretty decent hangtime. That's not on Spicer.

I'm curious to see if Feagles takes a redshirt. Need a ST coach
What?!? They were both end over end line drives so badly that even the commentator noted it both times. What game did you watch?

No matter who punts the ball...as long as Robert Knowles is on that unit...we are always playing 10 vs 11.

In the pregame warmups in Arlington, Feagles was consistently punting them much further than Spicer. 45-50 yds vs 30-40. He needs a shrink.

He needs a real STs coach. Both of our punters are shanking punts. It's a technique issue.

The rest of our STs suck as well.

Advertisement
What?!? They were both end over end line drives so badly that even the commentator noted it both times. What game did you watch?

One of them was rolling and they had plenty of time for the coverage team. That wasn't Spicer's fault.

Spicer's flat punts are a recipe for disaster but the one that FSU housed was actually covered well. There were three guys standing around the return man when he caught it. For the love of me, I have no idea why none of them attempted to tackle him.

I'm gonna be honest. I got pretty heated, drank more than I have in years. I still watched every play. I thought I remembered it being a very good kick on the one they housed. I didn't rewatch. Anyone have the clip? For now, I'll concede.

Advertisement
Back