Gut feeling Feagels

Advertisement
Feagles is mentally broken at this point. That special teams room must be a real treat with him and Baxa in it.

If we can just find a way to give him decent blocking, I still think Feagles can put it together here. I was shocked at how many times FSU didn’t even bother to rush the punter last week.

They didn't even bother. They correctly assumed that they could get returns set up.

With all his shanks, one would think he has like a toddler foot I think Feagles problem is in in his own head...anyone know of any meds that may help?

If we can just find a way to give him decent blocking, I still think Feagles can put it together here. I was shocked at how many times FSU didn’t even bother to rush the punter last week.
Really?. A lot of blocked punts this year? . He needs to punt and not worry about protection

Advertisement
Especially with the punt protection we put on tape vs. LSU. I was saying to a buddy the only way we lose to FSU is if they block 1 or 2 kicks and get a couple Special Teams TD's.

I know it's not a big school but surely to god there is a random phucker on campus that can punt better than this.
If a players name is not on the official roster list, no one is coming in to punt, play or whatever. Right now we have what we have.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Feagels starting again this weekend. While Spicer is not shanking as many punts his hang times are killing us. I think that is the biggest reason you’ve seen our punt coverage team look so bad the last two weeks, the line drive punts.

Granted there has been some bad punt coverage.
I completely agree. Spicer has nearly as many short punts as Feagles plus he has no hang time on his punts. He's either kicking it short (< 30 yards) or his low flat 40 yard punts get returned 20+ yards or more. That's a disastrous combination. The punting game is crippling this team. IMO, punting is costing us at least 14 points per game because the opposing team is getting at least 2 possessions in +territory. Both LSU and FSU had an average starting field possession from their 42 yard line. It's hard to beat anyone when your giving them the ball at mid field every possession.

Hopefully, the break has given Feagles time to clear his head. He just needs to stop thinking about it. Grip it. Rip it, and don't worry about the end result.

Sadly, I think Id rather have a 30yd shank out of bounds than a 40yd end over end line drive that sets up easy returns. What a terrible f'ing problem to have! Isn't there ANYONE on campus who can punt a ball better than these two dopes?!? Its cost us one game and almost another. I dont think there is a single punter in D1 (maybe even D2) as bad as EITHER feagles or spicer. Wtf!!

Advertisement
The punt return for a TD was on knowles. That punt would’ve been covered except 20 side stepped and opened a lane for him like a matador fighting a bull. It’s more personnel than anything. Special teams is not rocket science and we’re making it to be some algorithm from another planet.

Can't we just find anyone who can punt the ball 40 yards with some hang time!!!! How frickin hard can it be.

Advertisement
I think a number of you are being too tough on Spicer. He is not the long term answer, but the bigger issue was the coverage. Knowles and Homer each whiffed at least once in making a tackle which would have negated a long return and a TD.

Feagles problems are mostly in his head. I'd give him a try again...

tortue.jpeg

... AFTER getting him some treatment

Last edited:
You watch them warm up and Feagles has a strong leg, much stronger than Spicer. It's pretty crazy how poorly he punts in the game relative to what you see warming up.

Advertisement
Feagles is mentally broken at this point. That special teams room must be a real treat with him and Baxa in it.

Yep..he's cooked. They held off benching him as long as they could knowing he'd never recover after the demotion. We have to sit still and take it.

The punt return for a TD was on knowles. That punt would’ve been covered except 20 side stepped and opened a lane for him like a matador fighting a bull. It’s more personnel than anything. Special teams is not rocket science and we’re making it to be some algorithm from another planet.
Is there anything that Knowles actually does well?

Advertisement
Back