GT is this bad..

Advertisement
Based on the O/U Vegas expects a 31-10 type game.

Sounds about right with what has been mostly a solid but not spectacular Canes D and an O that should do well vs a poor GT D.

Advertisement
This game will be on enos and the o-line. GT has a top 25 pass defense but are 127 vs the run. Should be a heavy dose of run game.

Nah enos knows that’s what gt is gonna think so it’s a perfect game for our vaunted play action pass....

Chess not checkers my friend

We'll see if they have any fight on Saturday. Still plenty of feisty elements on that team but they seem almost resigned to their fate. Close plays go against them and they wilt.

Worst completion percentage of any Power 5 team this season. The new starter Graham hasn't completely 50% in any of his starts. Yesterday they did try to make it easier on Graham by incorporating some of the prior regime's influence looks to allow simpler throws for Graham, like running backs circling into the flat after motion implied the play in the opposite direction.

We also need to make sure Graham doesn't hurt us on any of the quarterback draw stuff. Georgia Tech has far superior designs on that type of thing than Virginia does.

Georgia Tech is rated #100 on Sagarin's power ratings, with a rating barely above 60. That is by far the lowest of any ACC team. It is the 4th worst among Power 5 programs. Vanderbilt and Illinois are barely below 60 while Rutgers is in an ineptitude league all by itself, barely above 50. The Pac 12 predictably reasserted itself, as I predicted a month or so ago. Too many athletes all over the conference for the ratings to remain down. Nobody in that league is below 65 and only 3 teams below 71.

Ohio State and Alabama have really separated themselves in all the power ratings. Ohio State would be favored above Clemson on a neutral field right now.

GT is a rebuild from the ground up. Completely changing from a triple option to anything modern will result in a year of growing pains. Even as bad as our offense is, we should win by 14.

Advertisement
For this seasons sake.......it'd look a whole lot better if we light it up and shut them down. It's right there for them.
canes 49 wreck 7

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
You guys don’t know UM. This is where we crush GT. Then, everyone starts slurping their own bathwater after two straight good performances, and we lay a gigantic egg the following week.

We might catch Pitt slippin only to take that loss to FSU that puts us out of our misery.

Only one way this season can end, and its with that FSU loss.

You guys don’t know UM. This is where we crush GT. Then, everyone starts slurping their own bathwater after two straight good performances, and we lay a gigantic egg the following week.
I was thinking this myself.
We should show up and finally beat a team in a solid fashion this week.
Pitt in the sloppy chilly weather is not going to be fun at all.

Advertisement
Back