GT fan here, time for y'all to get a reality check.

I am sick and tired of all you Miami fans saying the game was rigged and all part of "tHe AcC's AgEndA"

The ACC literally brought you and VT in back in '04 just for y'all to carry the conference in football. All you've done since then is win the conference a whopping zero times.

If last week's game was vs one of the ACC's current darlings like Clemson and FSU, then sure MAYBE those claims would have some validity. But us... we're Georgia Tech. We're the Northwestern of the ACC. Why the **** would the ACC refs FAVOR us over you... y'all were SUPPOSED to be what Clemson and FSU have been, but you kept getting in your own way the last 20 years and here you are.
Frustrated World Cup GIF

Advertisement
I am sick and tired of all you Miami fans saying the game was rigged and all part of "tHe AcC's AgEndA"

The ACC literally brought you and VT in back in '04 just for y'all to carry the conference in football. All you've done since then is win the conference a whopping zero times.

If last week's game was vs one of the ACC's current darlings like Clemson and FSU, then sure MAYBE those claims would have some validity. But us... we're Georgia Tech. We're the Northwestern of the ACC. Why the **** would the ACC refs FAVOR us over you... y'all were SUPPOSED to be what Clemson and FSU have been, but you kept getting in your own way the last 20 years and here you are.
Mean Girls Shut Up GIF

The officiating was incompetent but not rigged. Anybody who screams officials are fixing games are idiots. Some are just not good at their jobs.
Calling phantom holding calls and fumbles doesn’t support your take. ACC did everything they could to save GT. They even gave up and said “alright Miami, hear you for.” Mario was too stupid and give him to the victory himself.

You provided the answer to your own rhetoric in the post. This is the ACC's agenda because Miami absolutely shafted the ACC.

The concept that humans don't display favoritism is mindless. The thought that the conference made up of UNC, NCST, Duke, and Clemson fans in their headquarters and 2 of those teams are undefeated in the conference and causing Miami to lose a conference game would benefit the other 2's chances at the ACCCG... why is that hard to comprehend? No, they weren't helping GT.. GT was the beneficiary of the game but it was far more deeply rooted than that.

It is engrained in the ACC's DNA to favor powder blue, blue devils, wolfpack, etc. Tobacco Road is where the power is at.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Give the GT fan a break. They don't have much to celebrate outside of GPA's and graduation rates. I should know ... my daughter goes to Ga Tech. She happened to be home this weekend for fall break and we watched the first 1/2 together. Brutal. She left to go hang out with some friends but had time to text me several laughing emojis at the end of the game ... and wake me up when she got home to ask me what I thought about the game. I promptly sent her back to the dorms on Sunday morning (jk).

Advertisement

good ol boy referees have an issue with Miami....and chicago...and LA. Its not the ACC its the good ol boy refs

The officiating was incompetent but not rigged. Anybody who screams officials are fixing games are idiots. Some are just not good at their jobs.

Fixing games, no. But it was also more than just incompetence.

The umpire had a clear view of the play and was starting to signal Chaney down, before the line judge—who didn't have as clear of a view—confidently called fumble.

When you look at that call, as well as a bogus call on a lineman that took a touchdown off the board, it's not out of line to question how partial the leader of a crew might be.

"We're not going to rig or steal this game from them, but we're also not going to give them any breaks or let any questionable calls go their way."

Hardly a far-fetched notion in this jacked-up world we currently live in.

You're so sick and tired of it that you came over to a Miami page, set up a profile and took the time to write a post letting everybody know just how sick of it you really are.

Kick rocks, nerd.

Mario made a horrendous call and ACC refs made the second-most egregious mistakes of the night with that bogus fumble and a phantom holding call that took a touchdown off the board.

Advertisement

Fuck You Max Greenfield GIF by CBS

Advertisement
Back