Great Job…

Advertisement
I didn't even know this thread was about me lol

I never said I was leaving, I didn't say anything at all actually. I didn't write a post game recap because I didn't feel it was necessary.

I don't even know what this is all about lol.
I’m so glad you’re back my brother

Hulk Hogan Handshake GIF

The last 6 games we have not had PLENTY of open chances. We’ve had a few and they all ended in disaster. Our WR’s have gotten little to no separation these last 6 games, and it’s a symptom of not spreading the defense out, and allowing them to dictate how the pace and rhythm of the game is gonna go.

Mario wants to run as slow plodding and in creative offense as possible. The proof is irrefutable. He’s making the hires, and as such, during the interview process he’s telling OC’s what he prefers and hearing from them what their offensive philosophy is.

This is on him. He needs to own it and fix it. No excuses.
Fire him. Everyone. Hire Riley from USC and pay him 410 million a year so he can......oh wait their QB .....you know heisman winner.....has struggled recently and they have 4 losses also .Smmfh

Advertisement
God forbid we be fans. We've all been here for 20 years.. they aren't firing him, so I choose optimism. I see progress, I see flaws. I'm a University of Miami football fan in 2023.
Probably the most nuanced take I've seen here in some time

…slurp crew. I think you guys managed to once again chase off probably the best/most knowledgeable poster on this board (@Memnon), all thanks to your worship of a moron.

Hopefully he’ll be back at some point. You imbeciles never learn.
He's knowledgeable, yes, but I don't understand the worshipping of certain posters that truthfully believe that they'd do a better job than a sitting P5 OC. Go listen to the OBB Boys because that's all they do.

I never said I was leaving, I didn't say anything at all actually. I didn't write a post game recap because I didn't feel it was necessary.

Da Fuq you talking about man? You’re supposed to know everything. Get your act together! **** man! SMFH

Lol

He's knowledgeable, yes, but I don't understand the worshipping of certain posters that truthfully believe that they'd do a better job than a sitting P5 OC. Go listen to the OBB Boys because that's all they do.
I've never said I would do a better job than a sitting P5 OC, or any Coach for that matter. And I never listened to that Podcast in my life.

All I've ever done is state my opinions on here just like everybody else does, people do with it what they please.

Advertisement

“Love sought is good, but given unsought better.”
- Shakespeare

It was my fault. I looked up your name to ask you a question and your username didn’t show up on the list.

I misspelled your username and didn’t notice at first. Then @JD08 messaged me to let me know my error. So my apologies if I got your name involved in this thread.

But my point still stands.

I’m always so genuinely confused by these posts.

Mario is going to be the coach here for 5 years. At absolute least. That is 100% fact. There is nothing I, or you, or literally anyone else on the planet can do about that. It’s 100.0% concrete fact.

So, let’s say I’m on this “slurp crew”, of which apparently you are not. How would you suggest I act? Am I allowed to post here, or should the board solely consist of people just *****ing and complaining and being miserable and saying how everyone sucks?

I’m being completely serious. I would like the slurp crew to have specific instructions. If we know the coach isn’t going anywhere for the next 3 years, at minimum, and we know this as legitimate fact, what should we do? I am a Miami fan and will support the university for the rest of my days. No matter what. Because that’s where my allegiance lies, and no matter how much I’m hurt, my allegiance will always lie here. So for people like us, I guess the slurp crew, what do you guys suggest? Don’t watch the games? Don’t talk ball with folks here and in real life? Don’t support the program? Pretend it doesn’t exist?

And if so, then what do the people who hate Mario and wish ill will on him do? Do they continue to get to post here and tell him he’s a ****** and do the same on social media? Even though he’s not being fired no matter what?

Sorry, just trying to stay between the lines here. Some of us would like guidance on how to act. Thanks in advance.
Thank you!

Just because you don’t complain or critize every single playcall, and choose to be an optimist about where the program is headed you are a “slurper”.

And only “real cane fans” know that “Mario ain’t it” and aren’t going to “stand for it”.

The best thing that happened to me this season was actually NOT LISTENING to CIS and listening to non-affiliated people talk about the Canes. Which gave me a great deal of perspective on the program from the outside.

But I too would love to know what I am to do or say around here since I’m in the same boat as you.

Advertisement
You aren’t allowed to be optimistic fam. We all on the same side but people like to be divided. It’s ok imo to accept someone’s mope and disagree. We don’t have to go back n forth to prove nothing cause time will tell the story and apparently none of us can see the future. Problem is people take their stance personal and try to convince the other side that they are right. It’s ok to be like yo u believe that I believe this and that’s it move along. It’s like if you on one side you have to battle it out or some sh. Like bruh both sides have good arguments and we can only wait and see.
I'd you aren't wallowing in despair with the mopes they get ****ed. Most contribute nothing but negativity - nothing but played out, unoriginal 1-liners repeated ad-nauseem. Honestly it's a lot of bull**** back and forth to have to weed through to see any real discussion, analysis or news. Especially the recruiting forum; it's getting old quick.

Advertisement
Agree 💯! Anyone who doesn’t see the progress just doesn’t understand context. As long as Mario goes 10-4 over his next 14 games with 11 of those wins being in the ACC he will have matched Manny but without that terrible culture. The sky’s the limit from there and anyone who doesn’t see that improvement is completely delusional.
I agree. This board is full of untrained eyes. Need I remind people we won 5 games last year. Year 2, we have won 6 games! I’d start to be concerned if on Year 3, Mario doesn’t win 7 games. We are fortunate to have our hometown hero here for 10+ years! One win improvement per year means that by year 11, we will be 15-0. Yet, the board wants him gone after a much improved season. He even contributed to Jimbo’s firing this year. To correct the past 20+ years, we have to look at our seasons just like how Mario sees a game. Tough and physical. 1 yard at a time, 1 win improvement at a time.

Last edited:

I’m dead over here! 😂😂😂

Without knowing (or seeing anyone truly revealing) the inner workings of the coaching and management, it is clear the offense is more than struggling, but who is to blame? And what does blame get us, a crazy buyout like Jimbo at TEX A&M sooner than later? Or a banner?

Probably more than one made the mistake of seeing TVD as a viable QB for a winning formula. NIL and some bad judgement and evaluation (incl buck stops here HC) seem responsible. My opinion is that situation is regrettable and suffocating but hardly unforgivable. We can't scheme or otherwise play our way out of this liability with the offensive talent we have (some worthy but not that much super-duper to compensate fully.)

And with Mario unlikely to vacate, venting is fine (not deserving personal attacks) and giving him a chance to get us out of the mess also seems fine. Hoping for the best and Peace to All.

I'd you aren't wallowing in despair with the mopes they get ****ed. Most contribute nothing but negativity - nothing but played out, unoriginal 1-liners repeated ad-nauseem. Honestly it's a lot of bull**** back and forth to have to weed through to see any real discussion, analysis or news. Especially the recruiting forum; it's getting old quick.
I just know recruits check this out man. It just doesn’t have to be repetitive that’s the only issue I have. But it’s a free board and free speech so if that’s what they want to do they have a right. I used to be the biggest mope in the Diaz era. So I understand the frustration I get it. We haven’t won in ages so any sign of negative we automatically think we are screwed. I’m not there yet cause I knew this sh would take awhile.

Advertisement
Back