Great Job…

Advertisement
…slurp crew. I think you guys managed to once again chase off probably the best/most knowledgeable poster on this board (@Memnon), all thanks to your worship of a moron.

Hopefully he’ll be back at some point. You imbeciles never learn.
So, a couple of things.

1. Two things can be true at one time. Such as:

A. We can be disheartened and ****ed at the current state of this program. The offense looks like ****, our QB room is terrible, we are looking at a 6-6 season after starting 4-0, our HC has made some terrible in-game decisions (i.e., refusing to take a knee vs GT), recruiting not being as strong as last year (is this a trend?), etc. I'm ****ed off. You're ****ed off. We all should be ****ed of.

B. But at the same time, it can be just as true that a college football head coach should be given a reasonable amount of time (more than 1 and 1/2 seasons) to turn around a program that fired its previous head coach. You can't look at Miami's football team and not see the drastic improvement from Manny. Since when did Manny and his staff ever have JW, LT, Rivers, George, Chaney, offensive and defensive lines, and Flagg, playing this good? We have the best offensive line at Miami since when? 12-15 years? ****, Damari Brown and Richards looked fantastic against FSU. This team is better. The program and the culture of the team has changed. Can a ************ get more than 1 and 1/2 seasons to shape a football team in the way that he wants? When that happens, if you then don't like the team, we'll all get off of Mario's ****.

2. We are all grown men. If someone on a college football message board "causes you to leave", that says more about you than them. Act like a man.

Real life weirdos on this board.

Like Cormani said
Kelliepickler Heyyall GIF by Pickler & Ben

Christmas Tree GIF by RYAN GILLETT

We are 11-11 and 5-9 in conference with only 2 games remaining in year two, during a time where unlike in the past we have an open transfer portal to help facilitate/quicken the roster turnover process. Mario has brought in 25+ transfers that past two cycles and that has netted us said .500 record. We are also on OC and DC #2 with the strong possibility that we will be onto OC #3 in as many years with so many placing blame on Dawson for our anemic offensive performance. Lastly we are lagging in recruiting when you consider that Mario was touted as an elite when he was hired.

For the amount of money we are paying him, its unreasonable to be okay with the results he is delivering. We laugh at slingblade Billy being a joke over at UF but record wise he is only 1 loss worse than Mario with a much more difficult schedule. I bring him up because if fans just separated their emotions out of this they would see that there is major cause for concern, but because he is HC of out beloved team we will ignore major red flags, like being 5-9 in conference.
Never said I was OK with Mario’s results. What I have said is I will take all things into consideration. Quite frankly, as this season has progressed, the results are obviously not good. All any of us can derive a view from are the results on the field and those results are not adequate

How we got those results is up for much debate. Even speculating that Mario is meddling with the offense is inconclusive considering what the offense looked like weeks 1-4.

I prefer to see things with my own eyes and all I can see are the results on the field and quite frankly, there are some major concerns. The who, what, why and how are the questions not many can answer.

My favorite yearly tradition. Posters fake leaving only to come back like nothing happened a few months later

Will Ferrell Lol GIF
Did @Memnon say he was taking a break? I seen him post over the weekend a few times. He seemed to be having fun with his sarcasm as he’s not bothered because nothing has been a surprise to him.

Advertisement
“Conclusive evidence”, “conjecture”, “speculation”?

You must be living in an alternate universe, friend, because the football that has been on display these first two seasons under Mario’s watch has been all the evidence that is needed.

I have been a Canes fan for 43 years, meaning that I will always stand for the betterment of the program, and never for a coach. He has been an abject disaster, and is the worst coach that we’ve had here since the early to mid 70’s. The record does not lie.
Amen Brother!!

Did @Memnon say he was taking a break? I seen him post over the weekend a few times. He seemed to be having fun with his sarcasm as he’s not bothered because nothing has been a surprise to him.
Nah I'm good.

I just try to make sense of things that are seemingly nonsensical. I read a lot of contradictory statements & I don't understand how people come to some of the conclusions they get to.

A lot of the times I'm actually not being as sarcastic as people might think, it’s just when I repeat the same things that other people say on here all the time it just sounds ludicrous coming from me, why exactly idk...

Mario has the foundation built and he has to do better on the O side of the ball but we don’t have a culture problem or any of the toxic BS that was rampant under the Golden/Diaz tenures.
He’s to blame 💯 for missing on this 2 years straight but he will have time to make it right and should.
Agree 💯! Anyone who doesn’t see the progress just doesn’t understand context. As long as Mario goes 10-4 over his next 14 games with 11 of those wins being in the ACC he will have matched Manny but without that terrible culture. The sky’s the limit from there and anyone who doesn’t see that improvement is completely delusional.

Dude, he’s had the same offensive philosophy everywhere that he’s been the head man at. He always hires the same kind of OC’s.

How much more evidence do you need to see? Under his watch we have witnessed some of the worst offensive football performances in the history of our program.

He’s the one doing the hiring. Why do you think that no top flight OC’s or QB’s want to play here. The proof is in the pudding.
So you think van yikes missing open receivers and throwing into triple coverage is the scheme Mario wants to use? NOT benching him sooner was the mistake and THAT he is responsible for

Advertisement
So you think van yikes missing open receivers and throwing into triple coverage is the scheme Mario wants to use? NOT benching him sooner was the mistake and THAT he is responsible for
VanDyke went from looking great before Mario…to sucking under Mario…to looking great again the first 4 games of this season while running a scheme that looks totally different than last season…to sucking horribly these last 5 weeks once we went back to the bunch formations and methodical, grind it out, predictable football.

TVD was terrible these last 5 weeks, but his play is only a symptom of a larger issue. A coach that refuses to play to his player’s strengths and tries to fit round pegs into squares. Same old, same old. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Good lord the gaslighting that happens on these boards is Hall of Fame worthy. The internet lives and (mouth)breathes on causing division amongst people. The internet allows people who wouldn't normally behave a certain way to behave that way without repercussions. Real life vs internet life I suppose. I made an unpopular po(r)st a few weeks back and was told to "choke myself" more than once. No way someone would say that to me on the streets of Skincinnati, not more than once anyway. I'm not contending that I have super powered Jiu Jitsu training or was a Navy Seal or a CIA operative. Simply saying that those comments would never be said to a regular guy's face. I wasn't surprised. I wasn't shook. I was a tiny bit surprised at the escalation then I remembered it's the internet....the place where everything is taken personally if the reader feels like it and replies with outlandish things that never happen in real life all while trying to serve up the sickest burn along the way to win the internet that day.

Go Canes.

So lemme get this straight we blame CMC for all our offensive woes bc he is the head coach but not equally giving him credit for DRASTICALLY improving the defense. Can't talk out both sides of ya mouth
Who said he doesnt get credit for that? The problem here is 11-11 and 5-9 and the reason for that is the offense and hence why it is getting all the attention. We are 7-2 and the whole vibe of this site is way way different and we are talkng about our great defense, but we arent...

Advertisement
My favorite yearly tradition. Posters fake leaving only to come back like nothing happened a few months later

Will Ferrell Lol GIF
@Memnon hasn’t faked anything. He didn’t leave the board. He didn’t say he was leaving the board. A number of posters keep to select groups and discuss more off the board these days. They have their reasons.

Nah I'm good.

I just try to make sense of things that are seemingly nonsensical. I read a lot of contradictory statements & I don't understand how people come to some of the conclusions they get to.

A lot of the times I'm actually not being as sarcastic as people might think, it’s just when I repeat the same things that other people say on here all the time it just sounds ludicrous coming from me, why exactly idk...
1699898816416.gif

Oh, wait…

So lemme get this straight we blame CMC for all our offensive woes bc he is the head coach but not equally giving him credit for DRASTICALLY improving the defense. Can't talk out both sides of ya mouth
The defense has been outstanding and the hire of Guidry has been the best coaching hire at UM in my opinion in many years. We desperately need to keep Guidry and add help at CB and DT.

The OL has been fixed. We haven’t added the talent in this class that I’d like but I’m still good there overall. RB room is ok. We’ll add some WRs hopefully in this class. We need difference makers there. The TE room has been misused. QB is a disaster. Offensive play calling/coaching has been abysmal. Mario is undoubtedly part of that problem though at this point, there’s a QB portion and an OC portion and it’s all not working, however blame is allocated.

Advertisement
Back