Great article for the Tate haters.....

Advertisement
IDGAF who starts as long we get competent QB play, but real talk, if one of Jarren or Kosi is QB3 after the fall practices it’s time to Manny to send him the link to the portal and the QB2 will probably bounce before the season is over like the Clemson QB. I have no idea what Tate will do if he doesn’t win the job, probably transfer too.

All of these QBs have flaws Jarren was committed to Kentucky until the 11th hour and was ready to take off, Martell couldn’t win the job at OSU twice and Perry, well we all saw what happened last year.

It will be awful for depth, but at least it will clear the deck to Matocha and Van Dyke to get meaningful snaps next spring and QB2/QB3

IDGAF who starts as long we get competent QB play, but real talk, if one of Jarren or Kosi is QB3 after the fall practices it’s time to Manny to send him the link to the portal and the QB2 will probably bounce before the season is over like the Clemson QB. I have no idea what Tate will do if he doesn’t win the job, probably transfer too.

All of these QBs have flaws Jarren was committed to Kentucky until the 11th hour and was ready to take off, Martell couldn’t win the job at OSU twice and Perry, well we all saw what happened last year.

It will be awful for depth, but at least it will clear the deck to Matocha and Van Dyke to get meaningful snaps next spring and QB2/QB3
Why on Earth would you advocate for Diaz to push the 3rd QB to transfer?! We need to stack chips and have quality depth at all positions but especially at QB!!

If you think in 2019 a 4* 3rd string QB will stay at the school you're not paying attention to CFB and btw I don't believe the QB3 in this roster is good enough to take snaps at Miami.
You just said they were a 4* and we all know they have skill but there can only be 1 starter and then the rest compete for the backup role. The whole point was you saying you want Diaz to send them a link to the portal. Bty, there's plenty of teams that maintain talented backups and quality depth; they are usually the ones still playing around New Years Day.

we all know they have skill . Bty, there's plenty of teams that maintain talented backups and quality depth; they are usually the ones still playing around New Years Day.
4* stars suck too buddy, We know they were skilled HS players, that's it for now. I'm not saying send quality depth at all postions away, just the QB3 on this roster.

This will be the 3rd year of Perry and Martell in college, if they come away QB3 it signals something. Jarren will be in his second year, the first with a real coach so he may be the benefit of the doubt, but even so I won't lose any sleep if he goes after being QB3.

Advertisement
4* stars suck too buddy, We know they were skilled HS players, that's it for now. I'm not saying send quality depth at all postions away, just the QB3 on this roster.

This will be the 3rd year of Perry and Martell in college, if they come away QB3 it signals something. Jarren will be in his second year, the first with a real coach so he may be the benefit of the doubt, but even so I won't lose any sleep if he goes after being QB3.
Dumb.

The more I think about it. The more I believe the staff could be waiting to see how the OL plays out this fall. That’s more important than a close QB room. You have to roll with Tate in the gun if the OL doesn’t gel. This is something we will know sooner than later based on the plays.

Manny navarro said he thinks perry has the slight lead heading into fall camp and he thinks perry will start. Barry jackson said he thinks it will be perry or martell but people with the team has said don't rule out jarren.

The more I think about it. The more I believe the staff could be waiting to see how the OL plays out this fall. That’s more important than a close QB room. You have to roll with Tate in the gun if the OL doesn’t gel. This is something we will know sooner than later based on the plays.
Pass protection wasn't that bad last year. The qbs had time to make throws. They were horrible run blocking.

Advertisement
There are definitely Tate haters and Kosi haters. Seems like Tate has more though. I just don’t get the point in hating players on your “favorite” team, but you all do you.

Can’t wait for camp to start, going to be interesting to watch it play out.

There are definitely Tate haters and Kosi haters. Seems like Tate has more though. I just don’t get the point in hating players on your “favorite” team, but you all do you.

Can’t wait for camp to start, going to be interesting to watch it play out.
Its more of the people who dîck ride tate. Even the people who want perry or williams to start isnt saying they are elite despite not doing anything yet.

I hope the best man wins, but if you ever played the game this says it all: "Center Tyler Gauthier was given some of the responsibilities that ideally would be handled by the quarterback." Now that doesn't exactly inspire confidence in a huddle.

Great to see he's making strides, but I want to see him deal under live fire - audibling out of a play to the proper choice given the D adjustment. I keep pointing out, he had two years to learn the simple playbook, with all the help they could give him (Gauthier), and beat out what all his supporters claimed was the worst QB ever. I just don't see how that changes with a new, more complicated system to learn in a year.

Everybody says he's maturing, he's working hard, only time will tell.

Whoever it is, we can't afford many mistakes because of QB read errors in that first game.

Advertisement
Both Williams and N'kosi came in as QB's that could run and pass then Tate shows up and neither one is a dangerous runner but Tate is. At one point Williams was transferring but Diaz convinced him to stay, so was anything promised? Did Diaz see him as the most potent option? So in comes Enos and he wants these three QB's who have always run plays from the shotgun to get under center which immediately is a problem for Tate or is it for all three? I think the best thing to do is wait until Fall ball and let Enos pick the best of the lot but I do not think he has an easy pick to make since all three certainly look better with a REAL QB coach.

For only one reason I lean towards Tate because Bishop Gorman has produced winners and two of Tates teammates from high school are Canes and believe in him. Winning is a habit but so is losing. The difference between the gator and Hurricane fans is even if behind in the 4th quarter with little time on the clock we EXPECT to still win. Our fans never relax but gator fans start to party with zero expectations when they get behind and we need players (especially QBs) that EXPECT to win if time is left on the clock. Tate is a winner!

Advertisement
These are fair points but the guy said "great quarterback". Those traits you described resemble a good quarterback. A great quarterback would've produced a lot more with that surrounding talent in my opinion.

Produced more? Like 38-2 as a starter, all time leading passer at QB-U, National Champion, Maxwell award winner, Heisman finalist produced...or?

Advertisement
Back