Grade the Moves

What do you think?

• Total voters
The three of them had significant contributions to the best defense in college football this season.

Manny didn’t do it all himself.

You can hate the fact Richt didn’t bring someone in from the outside but don’t bash the job those coaches did this season.

Well yeah, but that one guy used to tend bar! You can't be a football coach if you were once a bartender. Good lord, what's the world coming to.

But seriously, keeping these guys was good, promoting them all was super-lazy.

Advertisement
Im not sold on the move, but there are several ways this can turn out to be a good move. However, one would have to admit that there are more ways that this could be one of the worst moves in college football history. As of this very moment, I think an "incomplete" is the most applicable grade.

Advertisement
F.

Could not have gone about this in a less professional way. The fact that we pay this guy 4 million dollars a year to be this lazy and nepotistic blows my mind. I was hoping Manny would take Patke with him to Temple and instead he is our new DC, great.
Gee, Its never happened in college football that a coordinator left and they promote a position coach to take his place. You all are a bunch of mealy mouthed whiney losers.

F minus. We are a joke and laughing stock. Simpson fine but a bar tender and quality guy who doesn’t even have one year under his belt. How can any former players even support such a cluster f&@& of a program.
Laughing stock, The only laughing stock is you ,who continually post the same ****. Were you bullied as a child

Advertisement
This demented old coot just hired a grad assistant as co-DC, and there are beat down Stockholm Syndrome motherfckers in here trying to spin it.

Last year, we thought he was nuts for hiring Patsy to coach OLB. Now, a year later, he’s calling this motherfcker a DC. And you guys are ok with it because it might work?

That’s like hiring an armless chick to jerk you off and hoping her feet are soft with surprising dexterity.

I absolutely did think that, and beleive it to be true. Richt didn’t hire Diaz #1 without Diaz recommending him.

The problem is that our D will be called by someone whose never done it before. Also In game adjustments will be done by someone whose never done that before too. So basically it’s a crap shoot... maybe they’ll be good, maybe not.

Hiring an experienced guy would’ve meant that you KNOW you’re getting a competent coach.

The stakes are too high to take a chance on someone who is as likely to suck as he is to be great.
Whats funny to me is people calling it the safe pick. Wrong. Its the more risky pick if what you care about is winning. The safe pick is the most qualified resume... Ansley, Grinch, Schiano, Raymond, etc. Those guys are much safer than Patke & Banda.

Im not sold on the move, but there are several ways this can turn out to be a good move. However, one would have to admit that there are more ways that this could be one of the worst moves in college football history. As of this very moment, I think an "incomplete" is the most applicable grade.
not even ONE experienced DC was interviewed. people trying to act like chicken**** is chickensalad.
this has got disaster written all over it.

Advertisement
Coach Dementia hit us with “we’re going to conduct a national search” yesterday. Today, we hire Diaz’s mixologist and a grad assistant.

This demented old coot just hired a grad assistant as co-DC, and there are beat down Stockholm Syndrome motherfckers in here trying to spin it.

Last year, we thought he was nuts for hiring Patsy to coach OLB. Now, a year later, he’s calling this motherfcker a DC. And you guys are ok with it because it might work?

That’s like hiring an armless chick to jerk you off and hoping her feet are soft with surprising dexterity.
The spin cycle crowd. Feel this was the smart move because now Richt is going to hire that hot shot OC.

Advertisement
Guessing you’re not familiar with Jim Drunkenmiller and AJ Jenkins.

Jenkins and Rumph are close. Jenkins played in less games than Rumph, but when Rumph was on the field he was actively hurting the team. He literally(not hyperbole) couldn't cover a single person on the field. At least Jenkins forced the CBs to cover him. When Rumph was on the field QBs knew to throw it his way.

Drunkenmiller is also close because he was just as bad as Rumph, but since he only had 2 NFL seasons I will change my response to Rumph being the 2nd biggest bust in 49ers history.

Advertisement
Back