Grad Transfer - RB Tyshon Dye

Official Cane Gang

Sophomore
Coach Brown started following Tyshon Dye on twitter, so there may be interest in adding a veteran to the backfield.

He is 5-11 220 pounds and he actually ran on us when we played Clemson in 2015. He had 52 yards on 8 carries.

Advertisement
I ran for 21 yards against us in the 4th quarter in 2015 for Clemson. And I was sitting in my living room in Tennessee and turned the game off at halftime.

Advertisement
Walton, Homer, Choc, Burns, and Possibly McFarland.

One proven guy, a guy with serious talent who they flirted with playing some CB and is unproven, another guy who the coaches basically dissed by saying he's coming back to a loaded backfield while previously saying we only had two elite backs, a guy who's been injured most of his career, and then a guy who MIGHT come here (hopefully).

I wouldn't mind it for the depth but I kind of liked what I saw of Truitt out of the backfield. They could use him in the run and in the passing game. But Tyshon Dye does have some good size, something we don't have a lot of right now.

Advertisement
Guys, I don't get what the problem is here. He would provide insurance depth for us. I think there's merit to that given injury histories of McFarland and Burns. He's a grad transfer, so he's only here for one year. It looks like we're going to have open scholarships anyway. And the guy comes from the team that just won a **** national championship. Would love to have our guys hear what that was like and what it took to accomplish. What's the downside?

Advertisement
**** of a player in HS. Was injured early at Clemson (back.) If he can come in and provide depth for a year (basically replacing Gus' role) then do it. Burns is injured, Mac is recovering from injury as well. Gray may or may not be here. If we have a scholly to give, I have ZERO problem with giving it to this guy.

Advertisement
Mac will be all the way healed by the time summer rolls around. **** I believe he played in one of demathas last games of the season if I'm not mistaken.

Given's Richt's propensity last year to shoehorn Gus into games at the expense of a superior running back (i.e., Yearby), I think it is clear that he likes his RB rotation to include a big back who can block. I don't know if Homer or the incoming freshmen meet that description. That's probably why they would be looking at bringing in someone like this.

Advertisement
Back