Grad Transfer - RB Tyshon Dye

How many carries per game did our 3rd team RB get last year? 5 maybe? I'd be astonished if Dye leaves Clemson to sign up for that unless Dabo told him to leave.

If Clemson has a similar policy to UM about transfers to a conference team we might have that hurdle to overcome too.

Graduate transfer he can play wherever he wants my belief

This isn't an issue of faith or opinion, dearest friend. Fact is even grad transfers need approval in order to avoid sitting out.

Exactly. I once thought differently, and then that whole Alabama grad transfer thing happened last year, where Saban wouldn't clear the kid for Miami, but allowed him to go to UGa.

Advertisement
How many carries per game did our 3rd team RB get last year? 5 maybe? I'd be astonished if Dye leaves Clemson to sign up for that unless Dabo told him to leave.

If Clemson has a similar policy to UM about transfers to a conference team we might have that hurdle to overcome too.

This isn't an issue of faith or opinion, dearest friend. Fact is even grad transfers need approval in order to avoid sitting out.

Exactly. I once thought differently, and then that whole Alabama grad transfer thing happened last year, where Saban wouldn't clear the kid for Miami, but allowed him to go to UGa.

Saban told him he can go to miami but not uga. Smith didnt want to come to miami because he was dead set on going to uga. After saban was getting all that heat he then let him go to uga.

Saban told him he can go to miami but not uga. Smith didnt want to come to miami because he was dead set on going to uga. After saban was getting all that heat he then let him go to uga.

Yeah, sorry, got a little dyslexic, I was posting fast before heading into a meeting.

The point is, I didn't realize a coach could ****-block a grad transfer, and then Saban showed us all how to do it.

Advertisement
Pretty quiet on that front, but apparently we lead for him.

Not really sure who we're "competing" with though.

Georgia Southern & SMU I believe.

Then I guess it's going to come down to 2 things:

Does he want a lot of playing time?

Does he want to be somewhere that will prepare him a little more for the NFL (more exposure to scouts also)? Although he could have gotten this at Clemson also :noidea:

Does he want to be somewhere that will prepare him a little more for the NFL (more exposure to scouts also)? Although he could have gotten this at Clemson also :noidea:

Didn't Chad Morris recruit him to Clemson to begin with?

Advertisement

That's all it is. I wonder if he has a legit offer to come here. And if he had the option to stay at Clemson then why would he leave there to come here to play the same role?

I never understood why Dye would transfer to Miami. Walton is obvious starter, so he'll be competing for 1/3rd of the snaps with 3 other guys who are equally talented, arguably more so. Why not stay at Clemson like Franchise says? Maybe Dabo is pushing him out? ... If he is committed to transferring and is leaning our way, he should at least show up to a couple of Spring practices and measure his competition before committing.

Advertisement
Back