Grad Transfer - RB Tyshon Dye

Advertisement
Unless somebody says otherwise, Edwards is still in school. With a new starting quarterback, Miami is going to run the ball more. Somebody is picking up Yearby's carries. The #2 guy is looking at 125 to 150 carries. Edwards is no slam dunk to be the featured back unless he goes FCS. If he can't beat out Homer than other than depth then let him go. Pitt couldn't beat us with a stud at tail back this year. Edwards isn't make the difference at Syracuse.

A kid like Dye isn't transferring to be the #2 or #3 elsewhere. He won't be the #1 at Miami.

Last edited:
Looks like CaneSport is reporting that Dye has a spot at UM, just needs to finalize.

I think the biggest mistake this staff is making this recruiting cycle is not taking 2 DTs and all this retarded scrambling they are doing running around looking for RBs like a chicken with their head cut off. They need to ****ing get a grip and just move onto the 2018 RB Class. Try to keep Gus if they can since he hasn't filed the paperwork yet, otherwise be ready to play Deejay at RB this year.

LOL at worrying about DT when we have Coach Kool. If he felt we needed another DT, we would've pushed much harder for Conliffe or someone else.

Questioning anything about this staff and DL recruiting is insane.

I'm not worried that Kool will do an excellent job. I'm just saying that the way the numbers work out we should have taken 2 this cycle. And all signs point to us going after the LSU transfer which would count as getting two. I'm not worried about Kool coaching anybody up. But back to back years of 1DTs is retarded.

Maybe someone on the roster is sliding inside, Bethel? If that's the case it's like adding another number the the DT class. I'm sure Kool knows what he is doing.

Advertisement
Unless somebody says otherwise, Edwards is still in school. With a new starting quarterback, Miami is going to run the ball more. Somebody is picking up Yearby's carries. The #2 guy is looking at 125 to 150 carries. Edwards is no slam dunk to be the featured back unless he goes FCS. If he can't beat out Homer than other than depth then let him go. Pitt couldn't beat us with a stud at tail back this year. Edwards isn't make the difference at Syracuse.

A kid like Dye isn't transferring to be the #2 or #3 elsewhere. He won't be the #1 at Miami.

The school already announced Edwards is transferring.

Look guys we need a running back. Right now we have two running backs we could even remotely trust. Choc is coming off major surgery and we all know the running jokes about Burns injury woes. Get this guy (or some guy) to sure up depth. If it's just for a year and we have the scholarship spot, he's worth a take.

Advertisement
I don't think this is a 5th string RB discussion, it's a discussion about a guy who is probably your 3rd string RB, which is a whole lot more significant. One of Walton/Homer are likely to get banged up at some point of the season. You want this guy to come in and win that 3rd spot over a guy that our coaches haven't felt good about for 3 years now in Choc or a guy whose HS coaches haven't felt good about actually playing for 2 years in Burns. And he's here one year so you aren't burning future schollies. Don't see the downside.

I think Yearby f'd up.

I would be willing to bet Edwards would be the feature back on any low-level P5 teams (Rutgers, Kansas, Purdue, Wake, etc.) or 90% of non-P5 teams. I live in MAC country and other than a couple teams (Toledo, WMU, maybe BG, N. Ill and Ohio) Edwards would be the best offensive player on the squad. I agree with you though with the new QB he has a real shot at a lot of carries. But Homer is gonna come in strong. He's got a fire behind him when he plays as evident on Spec. teams this year. I would love to see all three of them fight for carries.

I would be willing to bet we:
1. Throw more RPO screen passes this year to act as a running game. For some reason Kaaya just didn't seem to get them down until late in the year, but it really shouldn't be that complicated.
2. We run the football more with our QB. We hinted at the read option last year, but obviously just always handed it off because Kaaya was a statue. But with Perry or Weldon or even if Rosier wins the job, you'll see the QB accounting for more of the running game.

Advertisement
I don't think this is a 5th string RB discussion, it's a discussion about a guy who is probably your 3rd string RB, which is a whole lot more significant. One of Walton/Homer are likely to get banged up at some point of the season. You want this guy to come in and win that 3rd spot over a guy that our coaches haven't felt good about for 3 years now in Choc or a guy whose HS coaches haven't felt good about actually playing for 2 years in Burns. And he's here one year so you aren't burning future schollies. Don't see the downside.

I think Yearby f'd up.

I think yearby had a family and needed to make some money, and feels he can, completely understood his personal decision was not in the best interest of CIS members.

I'd take this kid in a heartbeat but I can't see why he would come here as a grad transfer to be 3rd string. Supposedly Georgia Southern and SMU are after him as well. You have to assume he'd be the feature back at either of those schools.

Look guys we need a running back. Right now we have two running backs we could even remotely trust. Choc is coming off major surgery and we all know the running jokes about Burns injury woes. Get this guy (or some guy) to sure up depth. If it's just for a year and we have the scholarship spot, he's worth a take.

Dye would be a great one year addition and I feel he would immediately get 2nd string carries. Was a top 15 RB 4 star out of HS. Injuries held him back first 2 years at Clemson then behind Gallman and Watson for carries.

Advertisement

All I've read was he was not formally requested a release which indicates he is still in school.

All I've read was he was not formally requested a release which indicates he is still in school.

The school announced he's transferring. So he's transferring.

How many carries per game did our 3rd team RB get last year? 5 maybe? I'd be astonished if Dye leaves Clemson to sign up for that unless Dabo told him to leave.

If Clemson has a similar policy to UM about transfers to a conference team we might have that hurdle to overcome too.

Advertisement
Back