Grace attorney claims he didn't get a fair shake

The NCAA broke its own rules just to ***** us over.

I don't know all the details of the situation so I won't give an opinion. But it's not paranoia if they really are after you.

Advertisement
Of course he got railroaded, but that happens when the program is on probation.

There is no need to railroad a kid just because you are on probation. If Grace, as his lawyer suggests, provided all documentation that the vehicles were rented legitimately, then this is a travesty.

Lol come on. They weren't paid for. Who consistently rents luxury cars for college kids? It's not like they just got cars for prom. They were getting them often.

and you know this how??

Juwon Young told us. You brought the story to the board.

and he said he had them often? oh how many times did he say Jermaine rented a car?

There is no need to railroad a kid just because you are on probation. If Grace, as his lawyer suggests, provided all documentation that the vehicles were rented legitimately, then this is a travesty.

Lol come on. They weren't paid for. Who consistently rents luxury cars for college kids? It's not like they just got cars for prom. They were getting them often.

and you know this how??

and he said he had them often? oh how many times did he say Jermaine rented a car?

"You a veteran". Not you too. You telling me Jermaine Grace and AQM decided just to try it out for a couple days and got tired of it? You know better.

How many times would it take to get booted for half the season? Vernon was out for 6 games for 1200 dollars in benefits. Thats what? A couple of days worth of rentals.

and you know this how??

"You a veteran". Not you too. You telling me Jermaine Grace and AQM decided just to try it out for a couple days and got tired of it? You know better.

How many times would it take to get booted for half the season? Vernon was out for 6 games for 1200 dollars in benefits.

lol but Can I see some proof mane? Thats all Im asking everything in those trials were put out for everyone to see....all the benefits....as of now I dont see ****

Of course he got railroaded, but that happens when the program is on probation.

Agree 100%. You judge each case on its own merits.

The NCAA isn't a court and has its own requirements for guilt. Clearly UM didn't want to take a chance while still on probation. The drug out our last case for 3 years, we need to complete our probation with nothing they can complain about.

Advertisement
Grace and AQM both lied, it starts and ends there

I mean there's a difference between not being immediately forthcoming when you are being interviewed about something without preparing for it at all, and continuously lying about the situation and being completely uncooperative. If you surprise a kid by asking him questions about how he committed NCAA infractions, it's perfectly reasonable for them to get defensive and start denying things. But his lawyer says, in all subsequent interviews he was forthcoming. You can't kick players off the team for lying and denying involvement in their first interview. Maybe that's worth an extra game or two of a suspension, but that's about it.

It's pretty obvious the school must have had some kind of solid proof of infractions committed that would have resulted in him being suspended at least 4-6 games IF we WEREN'T on Probation. But since we were, they doubled the amount of games he'd be suspended, which basically was the same amount of games as a full season.

And as far as AQM goes, this was just the last straw for him regardless.

and you know this how??

How many times would it take to get booted for half the season? Vernon was out for 6 games for 1200 dollars in benefits.

lol but Can I see some proof mane? Thats all Im asking everything in those trials were put out for everyone to see....all the benefits....as of now I dont see ****

Careful what you ask for.
Time to move on already.

I don't know all the details of the situation so I won't give an opinion. But it's not paranoia if they really are after you.

Exactly. Same mouth breathers that want us to stick up for these guys really keep forgetting that concept you brought up. These guys really don't know how lucky we were that the NCAA tripped over their own ***** with a case that could've given us **** near the death penalty. Until probation is over, we have zero room for this crap.

This is what it all boils down to. Miami didn't want the NCAA involved at all so they cut ties just to be safe. There is a reason Young is able to go to Marshall without facing any penalties. The fact that Grace and AQM are also being allowed to finish their degrees is also strange. There is no real proof of wrong doing but we all know something went down so Miami is just washing their hands of the situation.

Last edited:
Advertisement
As much as I probably agree, insomuch as the punishment is far too heavy for the offense, nothing will be reversed. But I wouldn't blame either one of them for making a big fuss. If we weren't so beat up over the last 5 years we'd be outraged. Instead we're counting our blessings that it's "only" critical players getting booted and not another witch hunt trying to burn the program to the ground.

Pretty nuts if you think about it.

They did some **** they knew full well was at least POTENTIALLY shady, and there's no excuse for that. Not when your program just dodged a huge bullet from the NCAA and is still on probation. I hate to lose these guys, but they did it to themselves and for the damage they've done to the program, they can rot. Fair shake? **** em.

While I don't agree with the intensity of your words here, I do agree with your basic point. If there's one freaking school in the entire country you should know not to ***** around with anything close to an impermissible benefit, it's the University of Miami. We are the poster child for NCAA involvement over the last 5 years. All three of them knew better.

Can you imagine what would've happened if someone had turned us in over this? If we got hit at the tail end of our probation? My goodness. The current storm would seem like an afternoon sun shower with an aromatic breeze by comparison.

Last edited:
I'm of the opinion that we just don't know all of the details, but I will say this:
Miami and it's players need to either not cheat, or learn how to cheat and not get caught.

I know for a fact that there is a loophole in the NCAA rules that is abused at other major programs.
It's very simple, there is no limit to gifts from parents. The players' parents sign adoption papers
over to the boosters and their new kid can get whatever he wants. Happens every day of the week
and ten times as much on weekends and holidays. We'll be alright.

Advertisement

This is what it all boils down to. Miami didn't want the NCAA involved at all so they cut ties just to be safe. There is a reason Young is able to go to Marshall without facing any penalties. The fact that Grace and AQM are also being allowed to finish their degrees is also strange. There is no real proof of wrong doing but we all know something went down so Miami is just washing their hands of the situation.

Nothing really strange about allowing them to finish out their academic year at UM as they were cut loose too late in the summer for them to be
able to latch on to another program.
It's the decent thing to do regardless of what they did and, also, you don't want these guys having too much anger at this school and potentially
causing more problems (e.g., running to the media). Keep them close by.

I'm of the opinion that we just don't know all of the details, but I will say this:
Miami and it's players need to either not cheat, or learn how to cheat and not get caught.

I know for a fact that there is a loophole in the NCAA rules that is abused at other major programs.
It's very simple, there is no limit to gifts from parents. The players' parents sign adoption papers
over to the boosters and their new kid can get whatever he wants. Happens every day of the week
and ten times as much on weekends and holidays. We'll be alright.

Wasn't that the plot of The Blind Side?

Advertisement
The NCAA is a spineless gutless run institution.

No need for our compliance department to operate in the fetal position in fear of being punished by those clowns.

UNC who committed far more egregious crimes in violating to the very core of what it means to be a student athlete, basically just gave the NCAA a double bird telling them to stay in their lane.

Penn State had their unprecedented penalties already reversed.

They are back to 85 scholies, and been going to bowl games for 2 years. The NCAA were to spineless to maintain the original punishment.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back