Golden ruined a stud career

Yup the coaches ruined a lot of players careers - only I can't figure out how so many players with ruined careers got drafted.

The NFL, with competent administrations, notice raw untapped talent that's underachieving and see that drafting it and developing it is a wise decision ala Chickilo, Gunter, and Henderson. Put the cape down.

Advertisement
Yup the coaches ruined a lot of players careers - only I can't figure out how so many players with ruined careers got drafted.

The NFL, with competent administrations, notice raw untapped talent that's underachieving and see that drafting it and developing it is a wise decision ala Chickilo, Gunter, and Henderson. Put the cape down.

Gunter didn't get drafted.

Hmmm, so the players did get into the NFL and their careers weren't "ruined" after all, is that what you're saying? See what I did there? Even if one were to accept the asinine premise that the NFL doesn't base their decisions predominately on game tape and game performance in which coaching plays a greater role, the coaches at Miami didn't ruin any got d*** careers.

bfd

I guess when you're off base you just start arguing semantics and minutiae.

And he should have. Thanks for helping my point.

Advertisement
Hmmm, so the players did get into the NFL and their careers weren't "ruined" after all, is that what you're saying? See what I did there? Even if one were to accept the asinine premise that the NFL doesn't base their decisions predominately on game tape and game performance in which coaching plays a greater role, the coaches at Miami didn't ruin any got d*** careers.

Far from it, Strawman argument. I'm saying that their careers were damaged by getting drafted lower than they should have and would have had they had a better coaching staff. See what I did there too by showing you how womanly you jumped to play semantics because your attempt to save the staff was laughable?

Flowers got drafted based on potential. Is that a good enough example? Everyone is saying that his technique is poor but his size and athleticism is elite. That's poor development but a weak OT class and his unparalleled ceiling made him a first rounder, not the staff.

Dorsett had all of 38 or so catches last year. Cooper had over 110. Yet they were both first round guys only one had a lot more film to show and the other had elite speed and potential. Once again, poor use by the staff that did him no favors getting drafted so high.

Keep kissing that Al Golden poster and falling apart at the seems to give them credit.

bfd

I wasn't arguing. Lol. Ju guys are fonny.

bfd

That's why I said thank you. What's the confusion?

bfd

Multi quoted when I should have only quoted CD.

Advertisement

bfd

Multi quoted when I should have only quoted CD.

Oh.

Go 'Canes.

Rinse....and repeat. Shouldn't even bother reading these threads anymore... They all are saying the same thing... sh*ts annoying

Last edited:
his best years were his first year and parts of his second (Unc 2 picks, UF big pick) but he's been in Golden boys doghouse and his mom did him no favors by that Fb post. We'll see Howard's best years in the NFL where a team will use his skill and his technique (which everybody raved so much about coming out of hs). T. Howard knows how to play the Cb position. He'll have a better NFL career than just about any cane who's played Cb in the NFL in recent years( hardly any) not named S. Shields. This kid had amazing work ethic coming in and wanted to be great.. This staff ruined him.

Furthermore.. What defensive player under Golden has come in & left better?? ok. Say Perryman (what round was he drafted). But who else? It's no coincidence these boys go to the NFL and shine when they get REAL COACHING! We have more 4th round or lower players and undrafted players balling out than any other school in America.

Last edited:
his best years were his first year and parts of his second (Unc 2 picks, UF big pick) but he's been in Golden boys doghouse and his mom did him no favors by that Fb post. We'll see Howard's best years in the NFL where a team will use his skill and his technique (which everybody raved so much about coming out of hs). T. Howard knows how to play the Cb position. He'll have a better NFL career than just about any cane who's played Cb in the NFL in recent years( hardly any) not named S. Shields. This kid had amazing work ethic coming in and wanted to be great.. This staff ruined him.

Furthermore.. What defensive player under Golden has come in & left better?? ok. Say Perryman (what round was he drafted). But who else? It's no coincidence these boys go to the NFL and shine when they get REAL COACHING! We have more 4th round or lower players and undrafted players balling out than any other school in America.

I repped this post in my heart. It's really non-hetero that they took rep away. Posts like this deserve something extra.

Advertisement
The finality of everyone's arguments is bothering me. He still has time to turn it around to some extent. Is it possible for him to fully live up to expectations and make up for time lost in one season?

The finality of everyone's arguments is bothering me. He still has time to turn it around to some extent. Is it possible for him to fully live up to expectations and make up for time lost in one season?

Not firing Golden this past off season just makes everything feel like "it's over" before it even starts. But I understand what you mean.

Can someone tell me how exactly you ruin a CB's career?

Usually the only way to make a CB look worse is if you're always playing man. Never heard of a CB being "ruining" in a scheme that runs Quarters, Cover-2, Cover-3 and Man.

Advertisement

Usually the only way to make a CB look worse is if you're always playing man. Never heard of a CB being "ruining" in a scheme that runs Quarters, Cover-2, Cover-3 and Man.
You mess up great potential by being a **** leader who ruins morale and destroys players' love for the game and their desire to work hard and get better every day.

A piece of crap HC can easily ruin players' careers. Howard came in here a super smart instinctive hard working kid. After being here a few months, it seemed like someone stuck a pin in his balloon, and he slowly became a malcontent who seemingly couldn't wait to leave.

You mess up great potential by being a **** leader who ruins morale and destroys players' love for the game and their desire to work hard and get better every day.

A piece of crap HC can easily ruin players' careers. Howard came in here a super smart instinctive hard working kid. After being here a few months, it seemed like someone stuck a pin in his balloon, and he slowly became a malcontent who seemingly couldn't wait to leave.
Has there even been a good player perform well under crppy coaching? How about a five star suck under good coaching? Go. Look at the guys being drafted something tells me you guys wouldnt want half those coaches within 100miles of Miami. Just because golden sux doesn't mean that a player can't be overrated at the same time. Causation and correlation. Tracey doesn't play like an all American, high school rating be damned. Could coaching made him better sure, but I call bs that just going to a good school is the automatic answer.

Has there even been a good player perform well under crppy coaching? How about a five star suck under good coaching? Go. Look at the guys being drafted something tells me you guys wouldnt want half those coaches within 100miles of Miami. Just because golden sux doesn't mean that a player can't be overrated at the same time. Causation and correlation. Tracey doesn't play like an all American, high school rating be damned. Could coaching made him better sure, but I call bs that just going to a good school is the automatic answer.

it all starts at the top. you say Tracy isn't playing like an AA.. Ok. But who is on this defense? Name one player that has. Name 1 player that's even over achieved .. I got one. Fentress! Fentress got more PT than Howard... REALLY BRO?! T. Howard isn't THAT bad a football player to where he can't play on a 6-7 team.

You all want Paul Williams gone .. He's only 3rd behind Golden and D'o when it comes to "why tf is he still here". We haven't been able to recruit elite Cb's, we haven't developed a lower tier one into an elite one, we haven't maximized the potential of others (A. Crawford should've been a beast IMO coming out of plant). This isn't a coincidence.

Look at Skai Moore in his freshman year or any other S. Fla player that leaves and balls out .. Then look at Chad Thomas, Al Mohammed (granted he sat last year), T. Howard, Ralph Kirby, Jamal Carter, Anthony Moten , Artie burns , T McCord and countless other 5-4 star prospects on our roster. Why haven't we had at LEAST one break out performer? We haven't put these players in the best position to succeed.. Especially defensively. Under some real coaching I'd bet my own money that of all those names I listed above.. Had they been under some real coaching we'd see a stud or three. Thank God they did choose us.

Last edited:

Some guys rise above **** leadership and some don't. There's a point though where you have to stop blaming all of the 4 and 5 stars that come here and underachieve. There has to be a point where even the most staunch suckup to authority figures has to realize it's not a coincidence.

Tracy doesn't play like an AA, and neither does anyone else at UM. That's why we suck. At some point, you should start asking yourself why all of our super blue chippers underachieve.

Advertisement
Back