Golden ruined a stud career

With the number of players drafted Miami had drafted, a lot of players on other teams probably wish Golden "ruined" their careers as well.

You don't get it.

We have LOTS of talent.

Talent that succeeds in spite of Golden. If only they were coached. Like Butch would do.

Advertisement
Can someone tell me how exactly you ruin a CB's career?

Usually the only way to make a CB look worse is if you're always playing man. Never heard of a CB being "ruining" in a scheme that runs Quarters, Cover-2, Cover-3 and Man.
You mess up great potential by being a **** leader who ruins morale and destroys players' love for the game and their desire to work hard and get better every day.

A piece of crap HC can easily ruin players' careers. Howard came in here a super smart instinctive hard working kid. After being here a few months, it seemed like someone stuck a pin in his balloon, and he slowly became a malcontent who seemingly couldn't wait to leave.
Has there even been a good player perform well under crppy coaching? How about a five star suck under good coaching? Go. Look at the guys being drafted something tells me you guys wouldnt want half those coaches within 100miles of Miami. Just because golden sux doesn't mean that a player can't be overrated at the same time. Causation and correlation. Tracey doesn't play like an all American, high school rating be damned. Could coaching made him better sure, but I call bs that just going to a good school is the automatic answer.

Some guys rise above **** leadership and some don't. There's a point though where you have to stop blaming all of the 4 and 5 stars that come here and underachieve. There has to be a point where even the most staunch suckup to authority figures has to realize it's not a coincidence.

Tracy doesn't play like an AA, and neither does anyone else at UM. That's why we suck. At some point, you should start asking yourself why all of our super blue chippers underachieve.
Oh I understand the stench that is golden and the possible effect him and his idiots have had in the players.

I also understand that there is a possibility that Howard isn't as good as everyone expected regardless of golden.
In my opinion there are basic instinctual plays that a cb should make that he looks last on, regardless of the coaching he has received, especially when considering his stature coming in.

So I am not saying he stinks or wouldn't be better somewhere else but I disagree with the premise that he is an all American just by putting him somewhere else

I believe the possibility exists that both Howard and Golden are not that good at what they do.

The possibility also exists that we bought into the hype of recruiting experts on Howard.

Advertisement
and what I saw was Tracy getting lost in deep coverage like all the time.

Give me some examples...

I'd have to look through past games to give you exact examples--I'd have to find some time for that. My family's seats are in the end zone, so I usually get a good perspective on that kind or stuff. When he transitions into his bail, he tends to lose the receiver. He gives too much lateral cushion because he still hasn't figured out how to properly lean on receivers after taking his inside leverage zone turn. Qbs are able to throw over him very easily. His lack of height, length, and leaping ability don't help either.

Whether he's playing as an outside quarter in a quarter/quarter/half look or as an outside 1/3 in a cover 3 look, he has the responsibility of playing the two vertical routes from the #1 (with help from the sideline) and #2 receivers (with help from the inside quarter [or deep middle 1/3] player). A lot of times he gets a vertical release from just the #1 receiver (and not #2 ) and he doesn't adjust his bail. He stays respecting the inside vertical route from #2 that isn't even there. Sometimes he just can't recover back to the #1 receiver after properly respecting a vertical from #2 .

He looks out of sorts way too often. A guy like Corn Elder, who is smaller than him, plays those situations much better because he is so decisive, has great ball skills, and leaping ability. He's just better. Artie play those situations the best, IMO. He's perfectly built as a deep zone player.

Tracy Howard is too slow? What a bunch of pucking morans around here!

Richard Sherman runs like a 4.56. He seems to be doing OK as a "slow" DB.

There are porsters here that act like they've never watched a real football game.

Yea, compare a 6'4, physical ballhawk to Tracy Howard. The stupidity around here is at an all-time high.

He's not an elite athlete. He's not a ballhawk. He's a solid player.

Yup the coaches ruined a lot of players careers - only I can't figure out how so many players with ruined careers got drafted.

The NFL, with competent administrations, notice raw untapped talent that's underachieving and see that drafting it and developing it is a wise decision ala Chickilo, Gunter, and Henderson. Put the cape down.

Gunter didn't get drafted.

bfd

I guess when you're off base you just start arguing semantics and minutiae.

And none of those guys were even drafted high. The scheme turned Chickillo into a 6th round pick? Mario Edwards stunk at FSU and still went high.

Whether he's playing as an outside quarter in a quarter/quarter/half look or as an outside 1/3 in a cover 3 look, he has the responsibility of playing the two vertical routes from the #1 (with help from the sideline) and [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2]#2 [/URL] receivers (with help from the inside quarter [or deep middle 1/3] player).

In Q/Q/H, it's not His responsibility to carry the 2 vertical routes. If the #2 goes vertical, that converts to man to man for the defender responsible for the inside Quarter.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Whether he's playing as an outside quarter in a quarter/quarter/half look or as an outside 1/3 in a cover 3 look, he has the responsibility of playing the two vertical routes from the #1 (with help from the sideline) and [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2]#2 [/URL] receivers (with help from the inside quarter [or deep middle 1/3] player).

In Q/Q/H, it's not His responsibility to carry the 2 vertical routes. If the #2 goes vertical, that converts to man to man for the defender responsible for the inside Quarter.

Then the offense just scored 6 points by throwing the vertical to #3 .

Edited: Any time you have a 3 deep zone, then you need to protect against 4 vertical threats, whether from trips or doubles, by overlapping the deep zones.

I was talking about a specific situation. If there's no 4 vertical threat, then it's a different situation and the pre-snap rules change

Last edited:
Then the offense just scored 6 points by throwing the vertical to #3 .

NOT if the Safety on the 1/2 side is doing His job. Seriously dude, you think Tracy sucks because He can't cover 2 WRs?...and then we wonder why top flight DBs don't wanna come to UM...SMDH!

Whoa! Angry! Lol.

You're going to ask the deep 1/2 player to cover more than 25 yards of field width? Good luck.

Advertisement
Then the offense just scored 6 points by throwing the vertical to [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=3]#3 [/URL] .

NOT if the Safety on the 1/2 side is doing His job. Seriously dude, you think Tracy sucks because He can't cover 2 WRs?...and then we wonder why top flight DBs don't wanna come to UM...SMDH!

What I think you're referring to is something different than me. You're talking about playing true quarters to the #1 and #2 receiver, with the weak side $ playing that vertical from #3 . For that to be possible, then the weak side corner needs to play man to that solo #1 receiver with that weak side $ playing sort of a deep wall of #3 to the trips side.

solo.jpg

What I am referring to is this, a true 1/4 1/4 1/2:

TCU+Roll.jpg

You're going to ask the deep 1/2 player to cover more than 25 yards of field width?

The deep 1/2 player actually covers more than 25 yards, a football field's 54 yards wide ain't it?

It's 50. The deep 1/2 player helps on #3 , but he can't take him by himself. He needs to help on #1 too. If that hard flat corner on the 1/2 side get a swing by the back, then he's taking it, leaving #1 running down the sideline.

Advertisement
What I am referring to is this, a true 1/4 1/4 1/2:

View attachment 30664

On the 1/4 side...I'll send #3 through your F, use #2 to hold your $, and hit #1 on a 12-15 yard curl/comeback.

On the 1/2 side...I'll check release the RB up the middle, and the send the weakside #1 on a post-corner route. That coverage there gets raped.

Well, none of this is "mine." I'm using the diagrams illustrate my point. I'm sure you can draw up any number of things that would rape any coverage. Everything looks good on paper.

But, since you want to play that game, I'll say this: you're running an intermediate to deep route with 5 man protection. Good luck. A 5 man fire zone pressure bringing both inside backers looks good right about now.

Also, how do you know when the other team is running that trips coverage? Where's the ball going if the defense doesn't come out in that coverage? Whats the down and distance?

Give me some examples...

I'd have to look through past games to give you exact examples--I'd have to find some time for that. My family's seats are in the end zone, so I usually get a good perspective on that kind or stuff. When he transitions into his bail, he tends to lose the receiver. He gives too much lateral cushion because he still hasn't figured out how to properly lean on receivers after taking his inside leverage zone turn. Qbs are able to throw over him very easily. His lack of height, length, and leaping ability don't help either.

Whether he's playing as an outside quarter in a quarter/quarter/half look or as an outside 1/3 in a cover 3 look, he has the responsibility of playing the two vertical routes from the #1 (with help from the sideline) and #2 receivers (with help from the inside quarter [or deep middle 1/3] player). A lot of times he gets a vertical release from just the #1 receiver (and not #2 ) and he doesn't adjust his bail. He stays respecting the inside vertical route from #2 that isn't even there. Sometimes he just can't recover back to the #1 receiver after properly respecting a vertical from #2 .

He looks out of sorts way too often. A guy like Corn Elder, who is smaller than him, plays those situations much better because he is so decisive, has great ball skills, and leaping ability. He's just better. Artie play those situations the best, IMO. He's perfectly built as a deep zone player.

cord elder who has 4 career pbu's and 0 ints has "great ball skills"?

But, since you want to play that game, I'll say this: you're running an intermediate to deep route with 5 man protection. Good luck. A 5 man fire zone pressure bringing both inside backers looks good right about now.

Actually, my pass pro is 6 man, you must've missed the part where I said I'd "CHECK RELEASE my RB up the middle".

Give me some examples...

cord elder who has 4 career pbu's and 0 ints has "great ball skills"?

Yes.

Advertisement
Back