Gino

Advertisement
You hope?

You really think that you fanboys care more about winning than Gino DiMare?

Good God.

You really knit pick.

It was intended to be a positive statement but maybe not worded precisely enough for you - the "hope" is that the work, decision making and performance meet the words (including the mention of a title). When's the last time you heard a coach in a press conference state they want to lose more than anyone?

Right, saying that a school didn't have high expectations is a point against the other guy's list. When the same point is made against your list, though....

His point was stupid because he'd be ripping Blake James if he did the same thing he was praising the other schools for doing.

You didn't make the same point against my list.

He used a silly one year sample size and made a terrible argument based on it.

I didn't.

His point was stupid because he'd be ripping Blake James if he did the same thing he was praising the other schools for doing.

You didn't make the same point against my list.

He used a silly one year sample size and made a terrible argument based on it.

I didn't.

Oh, you made a terrible argument all right since you don't realize how often you contradict yourself. FSU and Louisville could get away with hiring a career assistant because those programs had no expectations at the time of the hire. Having no expectations was a key point of yours against the other poster.

Advertisement
It's not nitpicking.

Who says that about a guy whose entire life, almost, has been about Miami baseball.

I wasn't implying, or didn't intend to imply, that he isn't motivated. My "hope", again, should have said that I hope the results match the desire (I'd love nothing more than Gino equally or exceeding his predecessors' titles won); maybe that goes without saying, but I did like that he mentioned the word in his goals. New coaches don't seem to stick their neck out and even mention national titles much any more.

Really? Again, I'm not sure I get your end game you make statements that are irrelevant to the topic with nothing to substantiate them.

Ok....... Excluding Di MAre, we have few consistent athletic donors . They will not fire the son of our most consistent donor. I will try and spell things out for you from now on..... It took 5 minutes to raise $160M for a bio tech center, and the school raised $4 billion during the Foote and Shalala years. Despite having access to $4 billion capital campiagns, the school ended up $10M short on the baseball stadium and $26M short on the basketball arena.

Are they going to fire the only donor that donated heavily to all 3 projects (am including the IPF here)? The IPF was a godsend considering that the family had zero affiliation to UM sports. They never attended a game.....

Ok....... Excluding Di MAre, we have few consistent athletic donors . They will not fire the son of our most consistent donor. I will try and spell things out for you from now on..... It took 5 minutes to raise $160M for a bio tech center, and the school raised $4 billion during the Foote and Shalala years. Despite having access to $4 billion capital campiagns, the school ended up $10M short on the baseball stadium and $26M short on the basketball arena.

Are they going to fire the only donor that donated heavily to all 3 projects (am including the IPF here)? The IPF was a godsend considering that the family had zero affiliation to UM sports. They never attended a game.....

Really, where’d you get that information?

He was not the Head Coach last year................
So...the clock resets? He wasn't here for the downturn we've seen in the past decade or so? That's odd. Pretty sure he was.

I'm not holding him solely responsible, but I'm not going to forget that he was a key part of the program during the past several seasons...including the past 2 years where we've sat at home come postseason play.

Advertisement
So...the clock resets? He wasn't here for the downturn we've seen in the past decade or so? That's odd. Pretty sure he was.

I'm not holding him solely responsible, but I'm not going to forget that he was a key part of the program during the past several seasons...including the past 2 years where we've sat at home come postseason play.

You realize that the program went from 53 wins when he left down to 37, and the team then won 44, 50 and 50 games when he returned.... He might actually be a good coach..... No one knows.

Really, where’d you get that information?

Serious question. Did you read any of the articles quoting the family about the governing rationale behind the mother's decision to donate. The Herald has two articles on this.... Go read the articles. Anyway.......... Putting you on ignore, which is the best feature of the site.

Serious question. Did you read any of the articles quoting the family about the governing rationale behind the mother's decision to donate. The Herald has two articles on this.... Go read the articles. Anyway.......... Putting you on ignore, which is the best feature of the site.

Just admit you’re talking out of your *** and move on. It’s clearly stated that they hold season tickets to multiple sports and she’s quoted as saying UM sports is her passion as she gushes over having Coach Richt. Clearly people that have “never attended a game.”
“I’m totally overwhelmed,” said Soffer, a longtime UM donor and multiple-sport season-ticket holder who will be honored, along with her family at the groundbreaking on Thursday night. “That No. 1 recruiting class of 2018 is going to be very happy.
“We want to help return University of Miami fooball to what it was in the ’80s and ’90s and early 2000s.”

Just admit you’re talking out of your *** and move on. It’s clearly stated that they hold season tickets to multiple sports and she’s quoted as saying UM sports is her passion as she gushes over having Coach Richt. Clearly people that have “never attended a game.”
“I’m totally overwhelmed,” said Soffer, a longtime UM donor and multiple-sport season-ticket holder who will be honored, along with her family at the groundbreaking on Thursday night. “That No. 1 recruiting class of 2018 is going to be very happy.
“We want to help return University of Miami fooball to what it was in the ’80s and ’90s and early 2000s.”

You are a liar...... Read below. Your writing skill elucidates your education level. Good luck with life, you will need it! Hopefully, Trump's policies "get you back on the line.........." Made in the US of A.................

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeffrey Soffer, who conceded he has never been to a UM football game but will attend one soon, said it was an honor for the family “to do something like this’’ for his mother. “I love you, mom,’’ he said.

Soffer, a prominent South Florida real estate developer and philanthropist, is married to and was accompanied by former Sports Illustrated swimsuit model Elle Macpherson.

Jeffrey Soffer and his family own a majority interest in the Fontainebleau Miami Beach and developed most of what is known as Aventura today, including the Aventura Mall and Turnberry Isle.

The family, which believes strongly in giving to the community, is especially devoted to the UM Miller School of Medicine. The children gave $25 million to its Interdisciplinary Stem Cell Institute, which was renamed the Don Soffer Clinical Research Center after Soffer’s former husband.

Advertisement
You are a liar...... Read below. Your writing skill elucidates your education level. Good luck with life, you will need it! Hopefully, Trump's policies "get you back on the line.........." Made in the US of A.................

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeffrey Soffer, who conceded he has never been to a UM football game but will attend one soon, said it was an honor for the family “to do something like this’’ for his mother. “I love you, mom,’’ he said.

Soffer, a prominent South Florida real estate developer and philanthropist, is married to and was accompanied by former Sports Illustrated swimsuit model Elle Macpherson.

Jeffrey Soffer and his family own a majority interest in the Fontainebleau Miami Beach and developed most of what is known as Aventura today, including the Aventura Mall and Turnberry Isle.

The family, which believes strongly in giving to the community, is especially devoted to the UM Miller School of Medicine. The children gave $25 million to its Interdisciplinary Stem Cell Institute, which was renamed the Don Soffer Clinical Research Center after Soffer’s former husband.

No, you implied, for some odd reason, that "they" had never attended a game, "the family had zero affiliation to UM sports" which s blatantly false. As for the rest of that response, WTF are you talking about?...and nice job with the "ignore", lol.

Oh, you made a terrible argument all right since you don't realize how often you contradict yourself. FSU and Louisville could get away with hiring a career assistant because those programs had no expectations at the time of the hire. Having no expectations was a key point of yours against the other poster.

How did Florida State have no expectations? They had been to the CWS 6 times prior to Mike Martin's arrival. They had made the NCAA Tournament 17 times in the previous 25 years. They were one of the most consistent programs in the country at the time.

You just make stuff up because you like arguing.

He left after the 2008 season and returned in 2012.

Again, look at his area (hitting/recruiting) and he's been one of the best in the country since 2000.

Advertisement
Since his return though, we have been a terrible hitting team outside of the two CWS years.

The terrible trend began after he left (also coincided with the bats being changed) and changed after he returned (due to recruiting and coaching).

This is like when people credit or blame President's for trends that they inherited. It takes time to turnover a roster of Fieger, Carey, Palmer, San Juan, etc.

The terrible trend began after he left (also coincided with the bats being changed) and changed after he returned (due to recruiting and coaching).

This is like when people credit or blame President's for trends that they inherited. It takes time to turnover a roster of Fieger, Carey, Palmer, San Juan, etc.

How much time does he need so that we aren't ranked near the bottom of 300 teams?
NCAA Statistics
ncaastats.PNG

Since his return though, we have been a terrible hitting team outside of the two CWS years.

Since Gino's return, he faltered for two years undoubtedly, but was stellar during the other 4 of those years (2-to-1 ratio). Also, in 2017, you had 6 players returning that had batted over 0.275 the prior year. They brought in 4 JUCOs (one left) and one of them was considered likely to be the best available JUCO in the country. The strategy was solid. Who could have foreseen Michelangeli (sic) and Ruiz imploding as they did. They also lost their best player during the season.

The 2017 and 2018 teams both rebounded strongly during the second half of both seasons and almost made the tournament. That is an example of good coaching, but the resident verlierer do not acknowledge this. USC is the most comparable private school to UM and they have been to two regionals since 2002 and did not make the tournament at all between 2006 until 2014, and 2016-2018.

The vitrol on this Board regarding the Baseball team befuddles me. They made the World Series in 2015 and 2016........ If people despise the program so much, they should stop following it......

Advertisement
Back