Gino

Advertisement
They do not.......... Show us 2009, 2010 and 2011. You also have to utilize a melded metric of slugging percentage, walks taken, batting average, etc... I can see it going from an average of 224 to #1 in 2015. Also, #34 out of 300+ teams is quite good. He did not recruit the teams that were on campus when he arrived, and it takes time to recruit new players.

To me, the culmination of his efforts were the 2015 and 2016 years.

They do not.......... Show us 2009, 2010 and 2011. You also have to utilize a melded metric of slugging percentage, walks taken, batting average, etc... I can see it going from an average of 224 to #1 in 2015. Also, #34 out of 300+ teams is quite good. He did not recruit the teams that were on campus when he arrived, and it takes time to recruit new players.

Show us 2009, 2010 and 2011
ok
ncaa2.PNG

You also have to utilize a melded metric....
If you think that when a team ranks in the 200s for both OBP and SLG, that the advanced stats will be more kind by "melding" those stats together, boy do I have some stocks I'd think you'd be interested in.

Did they cancel baseball after those seasons?

Personally, I think we have some nice young talent, and I'm really hoping Gino the CEO is able to turn the ship around and have more consistent results than he did as a hitting coach post-return, that's all I'm saying.

Advertisement
You're all over the place.

When you have a coherent statement then let me know.

No, actually, I'm not. I'm sorry you're having trouble following along. I just don't think it's too much to ask for a hitting coach/recruiting coordinator in year 6 (2017) to have done the multi-year work required to assemble and coach up a roster that doesn't rank almost dead last in D1 in most offensive categories. Having to rely on so many freshman in 2018 is almost as bad, but at least the future looks bright. I'm rooting for CEO Gino to turn this thing around.

No, actually, I'm not.

Yes, you are.

First you claimed that except for two CWS years (a stupid claim to begin with) he's been terrible.

Then you turn around and ask "how much time does he need so that we aren't ranked outside the top 300?"

We were ranked 1st in runs and 2nd in OBP in 2015 (among other things) so you're not making any sense.

I just don't think it's too much to ask for a hitting coach/recruiting coordinator in year 6 (2017) to have done the multi-year work required to assemble and coach up a roster that doesn't rank almost dead last in D1 in most offensive categories.

The work was done in much shorter order than that which you strangely mentioned but then wanted to exempt (2015-16).

The 2017-18 seasons, as we've all acknowledged, were due to a loaded 2014-16 class leaving together and the 2015 and smaller 2016 classes not filling in the gap.

You seem to be looking at 2012 and then skipping right ahead to 2018 and then saying, see!

But you skipped everything in the middle (actually you didn't, you just exempted it for a strange reason).

Advertisement
The reality is that UM baseball will have trouble generating Morris' initial results because UM costs ~$65,000 per annum and FSU and UF cost ~$12,000. USC completely dominated when it was at 19 scholarships. If we ever increase to 15 scholarships, I will expect much better results.

2017 and 2018 were disastrous seasons and I expect much better results than that going forward.

If you "demand" Omaha every other year, then you will remain disatisfied for the foreseeable future and should solely follow football...

Yes, I would prefer Lovelady but we have Gino for now.... I do think that a "motivated" Gino is one of the strongest recruiters in the "game". He played for Fraser and coached for MOrris. In a perfect world, I would take Vanderbilt's coach or Oregon State's, but Gino is a B to B+ choice. He also knows how to deal with the limitations of a private school better than anyone...

How did Florida State have no expectations? They had been to the CWS 6 times prior to Mike Martin's arrival. They had made the NCAA Tournament 17 times in the previous 25 years. They were one of the most consistent programs in the country at the time.

You just make stuff up because you like arguing.

Because expectations didn’t exist in college baseball programs in 1980. I knew you would fall into that trap.

He left after the 2008 season and returned in 2012.

Again, look at his area (hitting/recruiting) and he's been one of the best in the country since 2000.

We’ve been one of the worst hitting teams in the country in years 5 and 6 of his second stint as hitting coach. That is a hitting problem or a recruiting problem, or both, but both titles are next to his name.

I love the “culminated” line, as though none of them knew we were going to have to field a team in 2017. Hey, their efforts culminated into two CWS appearances. You can’t expect them to keep working after that. Culminated is a very poorly chosen word if you’re actually trying to defend Gino.

And FYI, the 2018 team didn’t improve at the end of the year. The 2018 team got to play Virginia Tech, Boston College, and Bethune Cookman at the end of the year. It took that kind of scheduling luck just to barely get over .500. Clemson made sure that we came back down to earth.

Advertisement
Stony Brook is an example of a team that sees their efforts “culminated” into a big finish. Miami isn’t supposed to fall apart after having two above average teams. Just awful roster management.

The reality is that UM baseball will have trouble generating Morris' initial results because UM costs ~$65,000 per annum and FSU and UF cost ~$12,000. USC completely dominated when it was at 19 scholarships. If we ever increase to 15 scholarships, I will expect much better results.

2017 and 2018 were disastrous seasons and I expect much better results than that going forward.

If you "demand" Omaha every other year, then you will remain disatisfied for the foreseeable future and should solely follow football...

Yes, I would prefer Lovelady but we have Gino for now.... I do think that a "motivated" Gino is one of the strongest recruiters in the "game". He played for Fraser and coached for MOrris. In a perfect world, I would take Vanderbilt's coach or Oregon State's, but Gino is a B to B+ choice. He also knows how to deal with the limitations of a private school better than anyone...

Yeah, here we go with the scholarship thing again. Because there aren’t 12 kids per year who can combine a baseball scholarship and academic money to be able to attend Miami and succeed in baseball.

Advertisement
We’ve been one of the worst hitting teams in the country in years 5 and 6 of his second stint as hitting coach. That is a hitting problem or a recruiting problem, or both, but both titles are next to his name.

2000-2008 = one of the best hitting/recruiting teams in the country

(he leaves and we decline in both categories)

2012 = immediately begins turning around both

2015-16 = one of the best hitting teams in the country

The dishonesty of people like you is no longer shocking to me.

(And you got the years wrong, as usual)

Advertisement
Back