Gino

The bar for this program is much higher than that, and if Gino keeps things where they are today, we'll see more of the same. That's all I'm saying.

You're not saying anything here.

We have high standards. We know that.

"Today" we have a good roster. We went through roster purgatory inn 2017 yet some people can't see more than a foot in front of them.

Advertisement
You're not saying anything here.

We have high standards. We know that.

"Today" we have a good roster. We went through roster purgatory inn 2017 yet some people can't see more than a foot in front of them.

What does Gino need to do to avoid roster purgatory happening again, since roster purgatory happened on his watch.

Advertisement
I'm glad we did what we did in those CWS years. Great/fine/wonderful. But where are we at today? The past 2 years?

Yeah, man, you seem really glad about that.

Actually, you sound like the kind of people who were whining even then.

We have a very good roster.

But you're still talking about years ago or the last season under a different head coach.

That's because I don't think you actually know anything.

YES!!!! Now it’s because of a “different head coach”. I love it.

You're still ignoring that like it didn't happen and we're just a few weeks removed from 2 straight years of no postseason.

No, I just have a longer memory and frame of reference than people like you who only pretend to follow things closely.

Advertisement
“Look at what Gino did to build 2015-16”

What about the last two years?

“Oh, you’re talking about a different head coach”

LOVE IT.

I love how he is giving credit to Gino for recruiting those 2012/2013 studs. Collins, Abreu, and David Thompson would have all come here no matter who the hitting coach/recruiting coordinator was.

I love the pretzels that people twist themselves into in order to stick with their preconceived notions.

So the staff gets attacked for bad recruiting. But when it's good, it doesn't matter man! Those good players would've come anyway!

It's impossible to reason with people like that.

The floor of this program should be hosting a regional.

So we should never (not even one season) be less than top 16?

Despite the fact that no program has done that in the history of the sport.

Yeah, we're dealing with reasonable people here. Definitely.

Advertisement
I love the pretzels that people twist themselves into in order to stick with their preconceived notions.

So the staff gets attacked for bad recruiting. But when it's good, it doesn't matter man! Those good players would've come anyway!

It's impossible to reason with people like that.

Yes, the staff gets attacked for bad recruiting. The recruiting coordinator gets attacked for bad recruiting. Not that hard to understand.

Advertisement
Since we’re recruiting so well right now, when do you see the next decline happening? After all, 2017-18 happened because we were SO loaded in 2015-16, right? So which upcoming class is forced to be small because of limited scholarship money?

I can't predict the future but hopefully we won't be relying so much on just one (or two classes).

Advertisement
Back