Gilbert Frierson says he's playing STRIKER this season

I will put my money on Blades getting the spot opposite Bandy. He already has an NFL ready body and looked comfortable on the field last season.
Blades doesn't have the man coverage skills or the recovery speed to play outside yet. He might need a couple yrs like Mike Jack. I'm pretty sure Ivey will take that spot.

Advertisement
I think Smith gets lost in the shuffle, at least for this year. With Hall, Bolden, Carter, Finley, and Frierson all in the mix, I don’t see where he’s gonna get primetime snaps.

What makes you think Frierson is going to take any of his reps? Im expecting big things from Smith. Hes was sticking to slot wRs freshman year. And he can lay people out! Nothing wrong with getting getting beat out by Finley. Finley is a stud, and will be playing on Sundays. I see Smith 2nd team striker, and is probably 4th on the depth chart at safety. Injuries do happen. I wouldnt expect any drop off with Smith on the field. Hes versatile. Could even start him at LB after the 3 graduate.

What makes you think Frierson is going to take any of his reps? Im expecting big things from Smith. Hes was sticking to slot wRs freshman year. And he can lay people out! Nothing wrong with getting getting beat out by Finley. Finley is a stud, and will be playing on Sundays. I see Smith 2nd team striker, and is probably 4th on the depth chart at safety. Injuries do happen. I wouldnt expect any drop off with Smith on the field. Hes versatile. Could even start him at LB after the 3 graduate.
Finley had a good year last year but he isn't a stud or elite. Fans throw that shît around to loosely.

Advertisement
Imo striker position is a hybrid between linebacker corner and safety. Smaller backer that can still hit. Slower corner that can still cover and less athetic safety but smart with good ball skills. Fri is perfect.

Not suprised. Baker scheme is similar to diaz philosophically but he used a 4-2-5 defense. So this might be him adding something to the system.

Carter gonna have that SS spot locked up. Kid is a freak and smart. Just been behind better players

You beat me to it. He's our biggest LB and he struggles in space. I think his future is in the middle. This should give us a better back up in the middle than Mike Smith and another athlete at Striker that gives us what we want against spread offenses.

He's not better than Mike Smith.At times last year Mike Smith looked better than Quaterman

Advertisement

I was just gonna say...Frierson will be 3rd string at that spot. I dont know why him making a switch means he aautomatically is eating someone reps..considering he took a shirt and didnt take any reps at cb an easier position

Advertisement
Blades doesn't have the man coverage skills or the recovery speed to play outside yet. He might need a couple yrs like Mike Jack. I'm pretty sure Ivey will take that spot.
If he doesn’t have the recovery speed neither does ivey. They are literally the same in terms of speedy, except blades may be a bit faster and is quicker. And when has blades coverage ability been bad?

Advertisement
A striker should be a player who can move like a corner but hit like a safety. There are numerous players on the team who would fit the striker position better than Finley. He did well but he only got the job do to Richts "seniority wins" motto.

Last edited:
A striker should be a player who can move like a corner but hit like a safety. There are numerous players on the team who would fit the striker position better than Finley. He did well but he only got the job do to Richts "seniority wins" motto.

Man you continue to be one of the worst posters on her. You truly have no idea what you’re talking about frequently

Man you continue to be one of the worst posters on her. You truly have no idea what you’re talking about frequently
U and another dude on here act like groupies. U will not get another reply from me until u stop being a lame.

But like I said before, I don't pay attention to, nor care about what u post. You're irrelevant. Get a life.

I think Blades is every bit the coverage guy that Ivey is maybe better

Advertisement
Back