Gilbert Frierson says he's playing STRIKER this season

Advertisement
Striker is basically a Hybrid position for Nickel coverage, which means he would be a Safety that covers Wide outs or the flats depending on the coverage we call.

On Passing downs you could line him up in an outside position but have him dropping coverage, as a Blitzing DB or rotating in coverage when we're Zone. He won't strictly be a LB.

Thank you for this. Truly people have no idea what the striker position is and you succinctly explained it to them. Tip of the hat.

Advertisement
...and Jennings may have to worry about Joyner. I don't think we need him for depth at DE next season.

Y’all are sleep on Jennings. That guy is going to start at MLB for us when Shaq leaves.

The situation our current LBs came in to of having to start so early isn’t ideal in CFB for a position like backer. We need to stop writing off players who don’t start right away. Jennings has been behind a incumbent starter, but make no mistake about it, he’s a beast and he’s not going to lose his spot to a player like Joyner just because fans get bored with old toys as soon as next Christmas rolls around.

Jennings is a thumper, and he’s a perfect fit in the middle of our D. Y’all are going to stop sleeping on these Jacksonville players eventually.

Advertisement
The key for a guy like this is to be able to mix it up in the box if the offense tries to run us out of it, that will be his transition.

No shade, but G has to be the blackest n*gga I've seen in my life lmao still our best striker though.
Screenshot_20190612-224109_Instagram.jpg

No shade, but G has to be the blackest n*gga I've seen in my life lmao still our best striker though.
View attachment 87410
Hey dumb****. He hasn’t played a single snap at striker in his career and you are calling him our best striker? You are the dumbest piece of **** ever. Go bump another thread from 2017 with your pointless posts.

Hey dumb****. He hasn’t played a single snap at striker in his career and you are calling him our best striker? You are the dumbest piece of **** ever. Go bump another thread from 2017 with your pointless posts.
ezgif.com-optimize-1.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Y’all are sleep on Jennings. That guy is going to start at MLB for us when Shaq leaves.

The situation our current LBs came in to of having to start so early isn’t ideal in CFB for a position like backer. We need to stop writing off players who don’t start right away. Jennings has been behind a incumbent starter, but make no mistake about it, he’s a beast and he’s not going to lose his spot to a player like Joyner just because fans get bored with old toys as soon as next Christmas rolls around.

Jennings is a thumper, and he’s a perfect fit in the middle of our D. Y’all are going to stop sleeping on these Jacksonville players eventually.
👀

Advertisement
Back