Gilbert Frierson says he's playing STRIKER this season

Advertisement
Maybe I missed it but I see people mentioning Wilder. So that whole injury thing wasn’t true?

I see he his back on the UM roster so I would take that as a yes just not sure if anything was ever officially announced on him?

Advertisement
I truly don't know how I feel about this move. On one hand, I was really looking forward to seeing Gilbert progress as a DB, but on the other hand, he has the skill set and frame to become a beast at striker.

What I know, however, is the way I feel do not mean ****, and Diaz has a solid history at Miami regarding moving players to better spots for the betterment of both the player and the team.....see Redwine and Finley as recent examples.

Last edited:
Since he’s making this move I’d rather McCloud be the first linebacker off the bench in striker formations(being the top linebacker backup in the 4-2-5)and have him start if we run the 4-3 formation. I want Frierson getting the top reps after finely at striker.

Advertisement
Friersons very talented. I think he can end up being starting caliber at any of Safety, Striker, or CB (in that order IMO)

Excited to see what he can do

I dont understand the move. Did one of Smith, Finley, or McCloud enter the portal?

Loved the physicality and size he brought at CB. He looked like a good punt returner too from his hs tape too.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Basically a way to make sure he's on the field a lot this year too.

I expect him to ultimately be the 3rd safety who can go out wide and cover WRs on the perimeter. Just makes us that much harder to defend with the length and speed we have.

The D-Line is now a big question mark.

This is funny lmfao
4277D631-CCA8-44F7-91CA-3EF050A4154A.png

Miami has him listed at 192, is Frierson light for the position? He'll be the lightest one by 20 lbs? He must bring the hammer when he hits.

Advertisement
Back