Gilbert Frierson says he's playing STRIKER this season

Advertisement
I saw him mid season on campus. Looked yoked af. That’s a big fast dude out there. Blitz packages are gonna be a problem to predict cause we have so many dudes that can get to the QBs in a heartbeat

Last edited:
Advertisement
I like it too. Gives us more personnel options. They'll use those two a bit different in the striker role, I'd think.

In Manny I trust.

Love it. Move McCloud to backup Shaq now please. We rarely play with 3 LB’s and would hate to waste his talent. I know our coaches say we are a 4-3 base but we play 4-2-5 like 80% of the time which is all I want, especially with Romeo & Gil at striker.

You beat me to it. He's our biggest LB and he struggles in space. I think his future is in the middle. This should give us a better back up in the middle than Mike Smith and another athlete at Striker that gives us what we want against spread offenses.

You beat me to it. He's our biggest LB and he struggles in space. I think his future is in the middle. This should give us a better back up in the middle than Mike Smith and another athlete at Striker that gives us what we want against spread offenses.

Smith is gone now, I think. Not sure who is backing up Shaq. I think it might be Jennings...

Advertisement
I think Smith moves back to Safety now.. Finley, McCloud and Gil at Striker.. All 3 can play depending on team, formations, personnel etc...

Yeap,somebody wont be happy.Finley,Smith,Mcloud,Wilder and now frierson.

Wilder may now be behind Pinkney. Then every Striker has the versatility to cover man to man, rotate back to safety (which Finley did on occasion rather than go in motion with the slot... the safety rolled up), blow up screens and attack outside runs/options.

Advertisement
We'd only have 5 corners left. Ivey, bandy, bethel, couch, and williams. Maybe smith comes back to corner, but I think coach baker has the personnel to run legit nickel and dime packages in addition to the 4-2-5 striker alignment. Should be fun seeing how all these chess pieces are moved around going forward.

We'd only have 5 corners left. Ivey, bandy, bethel, couch, and williams. Maybe smith comes back to corner, but I think coach baker has the personnel to run legit nickel and dime packages in addition to the 4-2-5 striker alignment. Should be fun seeing how all these chess pieces are moved around going forward.

Blades Jr.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back