Gilbert Frierson lack of playtime

Advertisement
Just throw him out there at safety ahead of James Williams. Maybe take JW down a peg or two. Not down on JW but there doesn't appear to be anyone challenging him for PT at the moment.
Gil should be a safety with Kam and Tae back there.
JW0 needs to suck it up, put on 10 pounds and play closer to that LOS where he's a lot better at. He's the perfect Star (Rover or that other S word) in today's defense. I've seen enough of JW0 at safety. His money position at the next level is a LB, he needs to realize that.

Doesnt matter. As long as Flagg is our MLB, we will be a 500 team.

The hard on y'all have for this kid is really ******* weird.

FYI, this was a really good and instinctual play. If we score to win the game at the end, this is the play of the game. If he doesn't make it, it's game over. Notice our all-world 5 star Safety is being dishragged into the bench. Who is the only one out there to save a clear and easy first down run? Public Enemy #11

1665431026772.png

I expect our d to get 12 three and outs every game along with 5 turnovers and 1 or 2 first downs. Anything less than that is beyond unacceptable. Our offense needs to put up 550 plus yards and at least 40 a game. Borregales should be able to make it from 77 yards and out.

Advertisement
Bunch of weird snap **** going on I’ve checked out about it honestly. Coaches are Gona coach.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Gilbert is one of them kids who are decent at a lot of things but not great At anything and that’s his problem, he been on the team for years in different coaching staff and never was the guy maybe that shows you he is not that good , great kid sub par player player.

The hard on y'all have for this kid is really ******* weird.

FYI, this was a really good and instinctual play. If we score to win the game at the end, this is the play of the game. If he doesn't make it, it's game over. Notice our all-world 5 star Safety is being dishragged into the bench. Who is the only one out there to save a clear and easy first down run? Public Enemy #11
Watch the 15-yard TD pass where Drake was hit as he threw. JW0 overran the play by a good margin, after the ball was caught. Then, of course, DJ8 stood in the endzone as the UNC WR ran straight at him.

Zero ball awareness and instincts.

Advertisement
I believe the biggest reason is he has no position. He’s way too small for lb unless it’s on third and longs. He’s too slow and stiff to be playing Couch’s spot. There’s some other things that could have something to do with it but being positionless is the obvious choice.
When I saw the original depth chart and it was him backing up Couch I thought to myself it has to be a typo

In what world do those two guys play the same position?

Now seeing the defense play out I think you give the only explanation

Disappointing we can’t find a way to get him on the field though

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back