Gilbert Frierson lack of playtime

That play at the end of the UNC game is the epitome of his game. He single handedly got the ball back for the offense with a chance to win. Everyone else was blocked or misdiagnosed the qb keeping it. He sniffed it out. If he doesn’t make that play it’s game over.

I‘m not even the biggest 11 guy but he’s played some good ball this year and deserves the starting job. Fans see one bad angle or a rb beat him on a route and they lose it. While ignoring all his good plays. I imagine most fans didn’t even notice the play i‘m referencing.

He does a lot more positive than negative but the bad is highlighted ten fold. He’ll never be a Morgan or Lewis but he’s solid.

He has shown progress this year and has played solidly honestly. He seemed to earn his starting spot considering they brought in aguy who aint starting over him

Advertisement
That play at the end of the UNC game is the epitome of his game. He single handedly got the ball back for the offense with a chance to win. Everyone else was blocked or misdiagnosed the qb keeping it. He sniffed it out. If he doesn’t make that play it’s game over.

I‘m not even the biggest 11 guy but he’s played some good ball this year and deserves the starting job. Fans see one bad angle or a rb beat him on a route and they lose it. While ignoring all his good plays. I imagine most fans didn’t even notice the play i‘m referencing.

He does a lot more positive than negative but the bad is highlighted ten fold. He’ll never be a Morgan or Lewis but he’s solid.

Tied for 3rd in TFL's in the ACC. The guys in 1st/2nd place have played 1 more game than we have.

Keontra played lb the whole time in high school while Gil was a safety/corner. One can mix it up a lil bit the other doesnt or wouldnt know how to read keys and strike from the lb position. Which is why i lol every time folks say put JAMES at lb...he wont be that good there as he doesnt like to mix it up with lineman and that fast action closer to the line aint him.
Frierson played Striker position under Diaz. I'm not sure why those skills aren't transferable. That's a hybrid LB/S position.

UNC killed our LBs in the passing game. I think he would have been perfect playing him at one of the LB positions. You may give up a few extra yards in the run game, but the pass defense would be much improved.

Advertisement
Back